2 hours ago, Cat Man said:

I've got a weird feeling about this - Latitude line-up coming earlier than usual, plus big shift in acts at Longitude, plus I'm sure Reading & Leeds have usually announced at least one headliner by now? Can't shake the thought that Uncle Melvin's going to surprise us somehow (as long as its not another GOTR takeover)...

Just got an email that says Latitude's back with a 'brand new look'. Why have I got a sick feeling in my stomach.......

31 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

Just got an email that says Latitude's back with a 'brand new look'. Why have I got a sick feeling in my stomach.......

Yes, but it also says that over 100 of the best acts! We need to be positive soldier!

Latitude Email.jpg

Ads by Kiosked

Edited by WMWMOfficial

30 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Yes, but it also says that over 100 of the best acts! We need to be positive soldier!

Latitude Email.jpg

Ads by Kiosked

With the success of Mumford and Sons last year, I can definitely see this years festival being more mainstream and a "brand new look" could be just that. I just hope that the Longitude lineup isn't a sign of what's to come because the beauty of Latitude has always been its individuality and varied lineup 

Some lush names for Longitude; Solange, Andy .Paak, Sampha, Migos, Ibeyi, Khalid, Princess Nokia (and Big Shaq :ph34r:), Latitude going to have to graft to match that.

47 minutes ago, Music lover William said:

With the success of Mumford and Sons last year, I can definitely see this years festival being more mainstream and a "brand new look" could be just that. I just hope that the Longitude lineup isn't a sign of what's to come because the beauty of Latitude has always been its individuality and varied lineup 

Interesting that they are announcing the line-up on the same day that "biggest" weekend tickets go on sale...

Do you think there is anything to be read from this or is it just coincidence? 

I would guess (and it is only a guess) that because the BBC is publicly funded they are not able to tie any acts down to 'exclusive' contracts etc as this would then give them an unfair advantage over other, non publicly funded, festivals.

My guess, therefore, is that there will be a few acts appearing at the Biggest Weekend that are also appearing at Latitude and Festival Republic want to ensure tickets are bought for their festival and not any of the BBC's.

So, who could these acts be? I would guess Wolf Alice, James Bay, Snow Patrol, Beck, Breeders, First Aid Kit, Young Fathers, Little Dragon.

Edited by swelsbyuk

4 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I would guess (and it is only a guess) that because the BBC is publicly funded they are not able to tie any acts down to 'exclusive' contracts etc as this would then give them an unfair advantage over other, non publicly funded, festivals.

My guess, therefore, is that there will be a few acts appearing at the Biggest Weekend that are also appearing at Latitude and Festival Republic want to ensure tickets are bought for their festival and not any of the BBC's.

So, who could these acts be? I would guess Wolf Alice, James Bay, Snow Patrol, Beck, Breeders, First Aid Kit, Young Fathers, Little Dragon.

The announcement is at midday, whereas Biggest Weekend tickets go on sale in the morning. I don't think they're factoring the Beeb as competitors here; Melvin Benn is even involved in the Biggest Weekend.

Tickets go on sale in the morning, yes. But, as they are cheaper than an itv2 reality TV show, they will surely sell out sharpish. And then, all those acts you can't see at the BBC shindig can be announced for the 'tude. I reckon. 

53 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

i'd take that, with the xeception of Snow Patrol

2 hours ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Latitude Email.jpg

Ads by Kiosked

Ads by Kiosked

Ur rght. In Melvin we trust!

i feel that in just over 62 hours i am either going to feel :

Blown away - Churches, Killers, Florence

Distraught - Solange, Urban Dude, ANO Urban Dude

Meh : TwatFish & the BottleKnobs, Snow Patrol,  James Blake

Friday - Catfish and Bottlemen, Everything everything.  Obelisk - Metronomy

Saturday - Arcade Fire, St Vincent, Lorde - Obelisk - Muka Masa

Sundy - The War on Drugs, Crystal Fighters. - PKA Twigs

Also on the bill.....

Angel Olsen, Alvvays, Aurora, The Avalanches, Benjamin Clementine, Car Seat headrest, Cigarettes after sex, ed harcourt, Filthy Friends, Forest swords, Francis, The lights, goat, jain, jake bugg, Juanita stein, kamasi Washington (FUCK YES.....), Margo price, natalie pras, oh wonder, rat boy, she drew the gun, shura, sundra karma, super furry animals, steve mason, the big moon, the cionematic orchestra , the pogues, tom misch, tom odell

Line up so far, caveat this with officially unconfirmed... happy Friday peeps xxx

Some really solid acts there. If I hadn't seen The War on Drugs twice previously (and they're also playing APE) and Arcade Fire twice after the Manchester gig in April I'd be game. Catfish is disappointing but oh well. And that undercard has some gems.

14 minutes ago, Twistedbadger said:

Friday - Catfish and Bottlemen, Everything everything.  Obelisk - Metronomy

Saturday - Arcade Fire, St Vincent, Lorde - Obelisk - Muka Masa

Sundy - The War on Drugs, Crystal Fighters. - PKA Twigs

AF and War on drugs are in America

Screenshot_20180209-222659.png

Screenshot_20180209-222628.png

Edited by Hawky

20 minutes ago, Hawky said:

AF and War on drugs are in America

Screenshot_20180209-224351.png

Edited by Hawky