Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

11 minutes ago, MT21 said:

Latitude very active in interacting with people about when the lineup will be released the same day as Ben Howard teases his return

I cannot believe he would be an Obelisk headliner. So dull and in a year when so many other festivals are stepping it up in the absence of Glastonbury the announcement of Ben Howard, five years since the peak of his popularity, as a headliner would be completely uninspiring. And so dull. 

Could totally see Ben Howard headlining, especially after appearing with A Blaze of Feather last year (his backing guitarist's band), so Ben and Latitude must have some sort of contact for ABOF to have featured, considering they only did 2 UK festivals - one of which being Citadel which he headlined its first year.

He is also big enough - didn't he do three sold-out nights at Ally Pally on his last tour? 30,000 there

14 minutes ago, evannn said:

They’re playing Bolton on the Friday, so it would have to be Saturday or Sunday. I think they’re more likely to play longitude and miss out latitude, but I wouldn’t mind being wrong 

Bolton is booming. 

A FR booking of The Killers on Saturday at Latitude and Longitude on Sunday makes complete sense - pretty much guaranteeing sell outs for both festivals. The Killers are as big as they've ever been following last year's Glasto appearance. Having them as English and Irish festival exclusives would be a real statement of intent by Melvin.

So we'll probably get Paloma Faith.

Edited by swelsbyuk

Just now, swelsbyuk said:

A FR booking of The Killers on Saturday at Latitude and Longitude on Sunday makes complete sense - pretty much guaranteeing sell outs for both festivals. The Killers are as big as they've ever been following last year's Glasto appearance. Having them as festival exclusives would be a real statement of intent by Melvin.

So we'll probably get Paloma Faith.

They're already doing TRNSMT and Isle Of Wight so wouldn't be exclusives, not that they would do a fest as small as Latitude anyway :P

20 hours ago, retromoz said:

I literally do not know ANY Ben Howard track. So.....he will no doubt headline every night and curate a day of dull singer songwriter nonsense. 

Bit of a odd attitude to have. I'd get it if you gave him a listen and then realised your not a fan but you have just wrote him off before giving him a chance. Comes across pretentious. 

Edited by CRW5252

15 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

They're already doing TRNSMT and Isle Of Wight so wouldn't be exclusives, not that they would do a fest as small as Latitude anyway :P

I knew they were doing TRNSMT which I why I put English and Irish festival exclusive. But I didn't realise they were doing the Isle of Wight which is where everything I said falls apart!

Latitude is £200 a ticket and 40,000 capacity so not that small anymore (also won best major festival last year). The Killers might charge a fortune and be well out of FR's price bracket but they're in the country and available on Latitude weekend.

Surely better to do a gig and earn £500k than do no gig at all....?

23 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

The Killers doesn't seem to make any sense with them also being at IOW, but then the last time that guy told us something stupid (Catfish headlining APE) we all laughed at him and he ended up being right.

@festivalsaregood do you defo think they're headlining?

Well, I was surprised that Liam Gallagher was headlining both IOW and Parklife - I know LG is a fair bit smaller an act but seems that they're not too bothered about sharing headline acts with other festivals. It's not the sort of thing I'd predict but with The Killers doing that Bolton date, I could definitely believe it from someone who's known their shit before.

And also we don't seem to have a clue who's headlining between us in this thread so sure, why not?

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well, I was surprised that Liam Gallagher was headlining both IOW and Parklife - I know LG is a fair bit smaller an act but seems that they're not too bothered about sharing headline acts with other festivals. It's not the sort of thing I'd predict but with The Killers doing that Bolton date, I could definitely believe it from someone who's known their shit before.

And also we don't seem to have a clue who's headlining between us in this thread so sure, why not?

Another act that can't play Friday.

Good one Latitude.

Mykki Blanco is in the Netherlands on the 19th - could possibly see them headlining the Sunrise arena, especially after seeing how good they were at HMS bestival last year 

Also the announcement that Princess Nokia is at Melt makes me think she may be somewhere high up the lineup on 6 music or headlining the lake stage (if latitude decides to go for more hip hop and rap this year)

Edited by tomzsz

13 minutes ago, tomzsz said:

melt just described themselves as “the only chance to see Florence + the Machine at a festival this year” in an advert in the UK, so i assume that theyre officially out of the running now (???)

They're also headlining Orange Warsaw festival but if The Killers thing is true, which I believe as it seems a bit weird to make up, then there's no chance they've got both The Killers and Florence.

2 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Bit of a odd attitude to have. I'd get it if you gave him a listen and then realised your not a fan but you have just wrote him off before giving him a chance. Comes across pretentious. 

You know what? You were absolutely right. I should not have expressed an opinion of someone I had never heard. It is a silly thing to do, and I apologise for doing so. 

I have now listened to Ben Howard. And......i refer to my previous opinion. Fuck me, he's the aural equivalent of raw tofu. So mind numbingly dull, I think a brain cell decided to strangle itself so it didn't have to process the dull. 

So....he's a shoo in for headliner. 

Edited by retromoz
  • Upvote 3

28 minutes ago, tomzsz said:

melt just described themselves as “the only chance to see Florence + the Machine at a festival this year” in an advert in the UK, so i assume that theyre officially out of the running now (???)

Melt! is in Germany though? Plus, their website shows something quite different:

If I wrong, ignore this

Untitled-1.jpg