Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

25 minutes ago, Peanut butter vibes said:

Are Wolf Alice not a fairly strong possibility to headline, given that they're in Spain the same weekend and would appear to have one of the days free?

Given the size of their recent tour and other festival billings, I’d say they’re a strong sub. Wouldn’t mind them headlining personally, but I don’t expect them to be placed above chvrches this festival season

Festival lineups are spinning me out this year.

Gorillaz back in the running.

Chvrches low down on parklife poster (considering 1975 headlined last year)

AM announced for Trnsmt as "only UK festival date announced so far" (where else can they play :lol:, not Latitude)

I have a feeling we're going to be shocked when Latitude announce, whether that is good or bad we will soon find out.

Chvrches make a lot of sense headlining Latitude, an indie-leaning festival who's headliners are often a little more on the niche side, whereas at Parklife, a festival that favours dance and hip-hop, maybe less so. Not to say I think they'll be headlining Latitude - I don't personally think Every Open Eye did quite enough both in content and success to justify it - but I don't think their placing at Parklife should be looked in to too much. At the end of the day I think Parklife have just managed to book an extremely strong top tier of acts and some of them inevitably had to end up on the third line.

13 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Metronomy is looking more likely for a headliner, whether radio 6 tent or main stage, they have no festivals announced for July at all and are Latitude material 100 %

Would be extremely pleased with them as a tent headliner, put on a great show when I saw them in Brighton. Are they even touring this summer though? All they have are South America dates right now

7 minutes ago, Peanut butter vibes said:

Would be extremely pleased with them as a tent headliner, put on a great show when I saw them in Brighton. Are they even touring this summer though? All they have are South America dates right now

Interesting one... it would be their 3rd summer off the back of "Summer 08", however they haven't played Latitude on this tour AND there's no indication of a new album being written/ recorded so, unless they announce a hiatus, I expect a couple of 2018 dates.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Chvrches make a lot of sense headlining Latitude, an indie-leaning festival who's headliners are often a little more on the niche side, whereas at Parklife, a festival that favours dance and hip-hop, maybe less so. Not to say I think they'll be headlining Latitude - I don't personally think Every Open Eye did quite enough both in content and success to justify it - but I don't think their placing at Parklife should be looked in to too much. At the end of the day I think Parklife have just managed to book an extremely strong top tier of acts and some of them inevitably had to end up on the third line.

They should have a new album out by then (new single and album info out on friday) so I think it'd be much more reasonable for them to headline.

2 hours ago, Peanut butter vibes said:

Their not. All dates are finished. They are only playing at festivals this year so far, and the last festival they play this year (on their calendar) is Festival Estereo Picnic 2018, March time.

METRONOMY ARE THE BIGGEST CHANCE I'VE SEEN SO FAR!

15 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Their not. All dates are finished. They are only playing at festivals this year so far, and the last festival they play this year (on their calendar) is Festival Estereo Picnic 2018, March time.

METRONOMY ARE THE BIGGEST CHANCE I'VE SEEN SO FAR!

With Metronomy tho its unlikely they'll half-arse a European festival run. There are that many festivals in July that I'd expect them to have been announced for a few if they were in the area for Latitude. They're not gonna headline the main stage anyway sadly but maybe one day.

Think I'll reinstate Lana Del Rey on my predictions. She didn't include any UK tour dates on her upcoming European tour so maybe that's so she doesn't soak up the demand here.

Also I've been thinking Nine Inch Nails - they'd be a massively left field choice but they're established and electronic enough to not be completely out of place, plus they've been announcing gigs in countries where they don't have festivals yet the UK has nothing.

British up and comers to round us off. Bastille I suppose.

Edited by dentalplan

9 hours ago, dentalplan said:

With Metronomy tho its unlikely they'll half-arse a European festival run. There are that many festivals in July that I'd expect them to have been announced for a few if they were in the area for Latitude. They're not gonna headline the main stage anyway sadly but maybe one day.

Think I'll reinstate Lana Del Rey on my predictions. She didn't include any UK tour dates on her upcoming European tour so maybe that's so she doesn't soak up the demand here.

Also I've been thinking Nine Inch Nails - they'd be a massively left field choice but they're established and electronic enough to not be completely out of place, plus they've been announcing gigs in countries where they don't have festivals yet the UK has nothing.

British up and comers to round us off. Bastille I suppose.

You're most likely right regarding Metronomy, I think I read once that they weren't huge fans of touring either so 3 summers off their latest not hugely successful album is a lot. Lana wouldn't surprise me and I'd actually be quite happy with that, just a shame that for me most her best work isn't the stuff she'd be playing live. Bastille - good live but please stay away from latitude, surely not 'up and comers' at this stage?

29 minutes ago, evannn said:

Looking at the End of the Road line up, do you think St Vincent is also a headliner? Was hoping she’d play latitude, but could be ruled out as well

She is headlining at EotR but not mentioned as a festival exclusive (unlike VW and Feist) so we could still see her, subbing main stage or headlining the tent

• Like 1

Really stumped for who can headline this year with the recent announcements, realistic possibilities are probably Lana Del Rey, Wolf Alice (not convinced they're big enough to headline but a lot of folk seem to be), Florence and the Machine, Tame Impala (rumored for Citadel the same weekend) , Gorillaz (Boomtown exclusive tag is a little ambiguous). A little more pie in the sky would be Paul McCartney and Fleetwood Mac. One can dream, at this point I'm clutching at straws. I guess we will find out soon enough.

51 minutes ago, jamesrfisher said:

She is headlining at EotR but not mentioned as a festival exclusive (unlike VW and Feist) so we could still see her, subbing main stage or headlining the tent

Yeah, my thinking was that EotR might not have booked her to headline if she’s playing second/third fiddle at a competitor, makes them look a bit weak. I don’t know though, I’m not a booker so fingers crossed