Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

1 minute ago, Hawky said:

I want it to be wrong as much as the next person, however based on previous years there isn't much crossover. 

Based on MGMTs dates, they would have to play Sunday at Latitude, which I suppose is still possible so they're on the very unlikely pile rather than completely ruled out, afterall I know as much as the next person.

When they played Glastonbury the other year, they did France>Pilton>Holland between Friday and Sunday so I don't think it'd be out of their capabilities to do three countries in four days.

1 minute ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Knowing next to nothing about the venues size/location, is it close to Latitude's location then?

Trying to remain optimistic, what about The The? They're doing the rounds this year 

I know they're doing Festival No. 6. I dunno if it rules them out or not but I guess it might.

1 minute ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Knowing next to nothing about the venues size/location, is it close to Latitude's location then?

Trying to remain optimistic, what about The The? They're doing the rounds this year 

Sorry :P

45miles away... 

Similar location to Kasabian's Thetford forest gig.

Screenshot_20180123-094453.jpg

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

When they played Glastonbury the other year, they did France>Pilton>Holland between Friday and Sunday so I don't think it'd be out of their capabilities to do three countries in four days.

Yeah, I've seen their past dates they've done it a couple of times.

It's more that in the past 2 years no band has played all three, which seems peculiar given the crossover.

Might have something to do with set times? I know NOS alive starts later and finishes later, as does Mad Cool. 

If they play late at Mad Cool, which the clashfinder indicates they will (I know it's not gospel, but playing after Tame Impala would make sense) can you imagine them leaving Mad Cool at 2am on the 15th, to then play Latitude later that night? I know its happened before just seems a stretch given the nearest major airport to Latitude is Stansted, and that drive is longer than the flight :lol:

14 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Who is even left at this point? CHVRCHES I guess? Maybe Florence (if she doesn't mind doing a smaller fest?)

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Would think the 4 most likely at this point are Chvrches, Florence, MGMT and Paloma Faith.

Don't think MGMT would headline but I'd say the other three and Snow Patrol, especially with Snow Patrol now seemingly ruled out of TRNSMT and nothing else lined up in the UK. There's also Tame Impala at Mad Cool on the Thursday.

6 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Would think the 4 most likely at this point are Chvrches, Florence, MGMT and Paloma Faith.

Chvrches would be a lazy booking IMO considering they last played in 2016 as a sub. Not madly keen on Paloma but would be happy with MGMT and Florence although I reckon MGMT, if they played, would more likely headline the tent.

Could Tame Impala be in with a shout? Only one date so far and that's Mad Cool which is the same weekend.

Edited by suttttttt

5 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

i still reckon Flo might be used to re-launch what-was-V-fest ... if it's relaunching at all.

I did recently get told some info that what-was-v wouldn't be at Stafford after all, but i'm unsure if that's old (and wrong) info that took a while to get to my ears (might have taken 5 months thru a few peeps).

3 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Chvrches would be a lazy booking IMO considering they last played in 2016 as a sub. Not madly keen on Paloma but would be happy with MGMT and Florence although I reckon MGMT if they played would more likely headline the tent.

Could Tame Impala be in with a shout? Only one date so far and that's Mad Cool which is the same weekend.

alt-J headlined the tent in 2013 and then headlined main in 2015 so it'd be pretty much the same as that.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

i still reckon Flo might be used to re-launch what-was-V-fest ... if it's relaunching at all.

I did recently get told some info that what-was-v wouldn't be at Stafford after all, but i'm unsure if that's old (and wrong) info that took a while to get to my ears (might have taken 5 months thru a few peeps).

I had been considering her for V but if she isn't gonna have a new album out by then I think she'd be a pretty weak name for them.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Tame Impala are apparently headlining Citadel.

Someone mentioned Jamiroquai the other day - seems a fair call. Really have no clue who is more likely than anyone else so cba trying to think of the most likely ones.

Ah shit yeah forgot about the Citadel thing.

Dunno if I see Jamiroquai there for some reason.

3 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

alt-J headlined the tent in 2013 and then headlined main in 2015 so it'd be pretty much the same as that.

Yeah fair point, I feel like Alt-J have a wider appeal though but that might just be my distorted view.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Tame Impala are apparently headlining Citadel.

Where have you heard this?

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

she is touring this summer tho, as she's been announced for euro fest somewhere.

So i expect her to appear somewhere in the UK.

Yeah she's touring but just a few pre-album release dates, I think. I also expect her somewhere in the UK but I'm thinking Latitude at the moment as I'm not sure the likes of R&L or V will want her until she's released an album (expect her to headline one of them next year).

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah she's touring but just a few pre-album release dates, I think. I also expect her somewhere in the UK but I'm thinking Latitude at the moment as I'm not sure the likes of R&L or V will want her until she's released an album (expect her to headline one of them next year).

i reckon V would be perfect for her - tho depending on what exactly Live Nation/Fest Republic are planning with it.

She'd be a solid seller to the 'pop' type audience that 'V' gets, and being a bit more rock-y would broaden what 'V' does to make it (I reckon) a bit more sustainable.

And then it will leave her free for next year to do a 'credible' fest when there's a new album.

All that seems to make sense to me - tho it's based on my guess of what they'll do with 'V' as much as anything else.

8 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Where have you heard this?

eFestivals. On the Citadel thread. They make sense as a headliner for it so I’m not one to argue with the info.

8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

she is touring this summer tho, as she's been announced for euro fest somewhere.

So i expect her to appear somewhere in the UK.

She did sporadic dates in 2013/2014 that didn’t included UK fests in between album tours so I don’t necessarily think she has to turn up anywhere in the UK. Tbf when she turned down all other fests bar Glasto that year, you’d think she’s loathe to do UK festivals anyway. :lol:

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

eFestivals. On the Citadel thread. They make sense as a headliner for it so I’m not one to argue with the info.

She did sporadic dates in 2013/2014 that didn’t included UK fests in between album tours so I don’t necessarily think she has to turn up anywhere in the UK. Tbf when she turned down all other fests bar Glasto that year, you’d think she’s loathe to do UK festivals anyway. :lol:

Fair enough.

And having just checked what she does have confirmed it's much more suggestive of Latitude than 'V' anyway. It already looks like my guess was wrong.