Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

52 minutes ago, retromoz said:

I dont believe Fleetwood MAc Would play the 'tude either. BUT........arnt Glastonbury widely known for being the artists who play a much lower rate? As its mostly for 'charity' and not profit, dont they do this? Dont they also do this with the promise of massive media exposure for artists playing?

Im SURE i read that somewhere.....once.......course, I now am an old man with a young baby who doesnt sleep....

iirc latitude pay a bit less than the other major festivals (G aside), think it’s about 10% less. Can’t remember the source, might be on here or the 2017 thread

3 hours ago, evannn said:

iirc latitude pay a bit less than the other major festivals (G aside), think it’s about 10% less. Can’t remember the source, might be on here or the 2017 thread

10% less seems very small considering the Latitude capacity is about 50% below Reading or Isle of Wight, and the headliners aren’t very big in comparison, so I don’t quite believe that.

Anyway, Michael Eavis claims Fleetwood Mac want £5m to play Glastonbury. That’s barely budgetable for any festival let alone Latitude where Fleet Foxes we’re the last band to headline.

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

10% less seems very small considering the Latitude capacity is about 50% below Reading or Isle of Wight, and the headliners aren’t very big in comparison, so I don’t quite believe that.

Anyway, Michael Eavis claims Fleetwood Mac want £5m to play Glastonbury. That’s barely budgetable for any festival let alone Latitude where Fleet Foxes we’re the last band to headline.

Yeah, I was very wrong. Misremembered secondhand info, and by “major” I suppose I also meant comparable size festivals. 

Dont mind me 

2 hours ago, evannn said:

Yeah, I was very wrong. Misremembered secondhand info, and by “major” I suppose I also meant comparable size festivals. 

Dont mind me 

It’s alright. I don’t suppose we’ll ever truly know. :P

21 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

However much I dislike Catfish & the Bottlemen, and the festival in Newcastle they're headlining hardly looks set to be on par with Latitude, if Latitude books Everything Everything, I will put up with C&TB.

That being said, I am firmly in the CHVRCHES camp and would love them to headline on Friday

I do actually think Chvrches seem more likely now, and that Catfish will probably instead do all manner of mid-sized festivals (and possibly sub R+L) throughout summer. I guess The 1975 did Parklife the same year they did Latitude but they’re a bigger band, Parklife is a bigger festival than the Tyneside thing and I don’t suppose it aims for the same clientele as Latitude does so that seems more acceptable.

Edited by dentalplan

There's barely any crossover acts between Latitude and Mad Cool/Nos Alive. 

Nos alive: Fleet foxes/ Glass Animals

Mad cool: none?

Nos Alive: FJM / Soulwax / Grimes

Mad Cool: Lapsley  

Also,  if they're at both in 18, theyre not at Latitude

Edited by Hawky

2 hours ago, Hawky said:

Also,  if they're at both in 18, theyre not at Latitude

I think that Tame Impala were only at NOS Alive last year so might be unlikely for them to return two years on, leaving the rest of the weekend free for Latitude. They're doing Thursday at MC anyway.

I could see them playing Bestival though if they're around until early August. Played Bestival UK and Canada on the Currents tour so I guess there must be a relationship there.

31 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think that Tame Impala were only at NOS Alive last year so might be unlikely for them to return two years on, leaving the rest of the weekend free for Latitude. They're doing Thursday at MC anyway.

I could see them playing Bestival though if they're around until early August. Played Bestival UK and Canada on the Currents tour so I guess there must be a relationship there.

I hadnt seen the previous post about Tame, before i posted, just a coincidence.

However, they'd make a cracking headliner, I just think there's other festivals theyd be better suited to headline in Europe that weekend. Might show up at Trnsmt. 

17 minutes ago, Hawky said:

I hadnt seen the previous post about Tame, before i posted, just a coincidence.

However, they'd make a cracking headliner, I just think there's other festivals theyd be better suited to headline in Europe that weekend. Might show up at Trnsmt. 

You think Tame Impala are more suited to a festival headlined by Stereophonics, Liam Gallagher and The Killers than Latitude?

55 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

You think Tame Impala are more suited to a festival headlined by Stereophonics, Liam Gallagher and The Killers than Latitude?

No, hence the full stop, It was a separate sentence

Edited by Hawky

5 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Okay different sentences can't be linked.

However, they'd make a cracking headliner, I just think there's other festivals theyd be better suited to headline in Europe that weekend.

They could show up at Trnsmt too. 

Does introducing the too help convey my point?  As in they are better suited to other festivals in Europe that weekend, they may also play Trnsmt is addition to said European festivals. 

Feedback welcome. 

26 minutes ago, Hawky said:

However, they'd make a cracking headliner, I just think there's other festivals theyd be better suited to headline in Europe that weekend.

They could show up at Trnsmt too. 

Does introducing the too help convey my point?  As in they are better suited to other festivals in Europe that weekend, they may also play Trnsmt is addition to said European festivals. 

Feedback welcome. 

I just don't get why you'd use the fact they could play more suitable festivals as a reason for them not being at Latitude, and then suggest them for a much less suitable festival in TRNSMT. There's probably more suitable festivals for them on that weekend.

Also what festivals are there on Latitude weekend that are more suitable for them (genuine question)? There's NOS Alive but they played there last year and I think they suit Latitude just as much, anyway.

23 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Also what festivals are there on Latitude weekend that are more suitable for them (genuine question)? There's NOS Alive but they played there last year and I think they suit Latitude just as much, anyway.

There's that Melt Festival that I'm sure you're aware of. Not that it'd really impact their chances of Latitude. Could do both, could do neither.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

I just don't get why you'd use the fact they could play more suitable festivals as a reason for them not being at Latitude, and then suggest them for a much less suitable festival in TRNSMT. There's probably more suitable festivals for them on that weekend.

Cruilla

Dour Festival

Exit Festival

Musilac 

Then there's Citadel and Lovebox (edit: like Trnsmt, these two are Uk alternatives)

So there's a few.

Edited by Hawky

47 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Cruilla

Dour Festival

Exit Festival

Musilac 

Then there's Citadel and Lovebox (edit: like Trnsmt, these two are Uk alternatives)

So there's a few.

Cruilla 2017 headliners: Jamiroquai, Pet Shop Boys, The Prodigy

Dour 2017 headliners: I can't even tell who headlined but there doesn't seem to be anyone as big as Tame Impala on the entire bill

Exit 2017 headliners: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Years and Years, Duke Dumont, Robin Schulz, Hardwell, Rag'n'Bone Man

Musilac 2017 headliners: Sting, Jamiroquai, Phoenix, Justice

Lovebox 2017 headliners: Frank Ocean, Chase and Status

How on earth are any of those more suited to Tame Impala than Latitude? I'm aware there are other festivals on at the same time but I don't understand how any of those could be seen as more suitable.

Citadel is suitable but I would imagine they're more likely to headline Latitude or Bestival. Initially had them down as Bestival headliners for next year until we incorrectly heard they wouldn't be touring until 2019, so if they're still in Europe by early August then I would predict Bestival for them; but them being in Spain on the Thursday of Latitude definitely makes them a contender, which is all I was saying.

11 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Cruilla 2017 headliners: Jamiroquai, Pet Shop Boys, The Prodigy

Dour 2017 headliners: I can't even tell who headlined but there doesn't seem to be anyone as big as Tame Impala on the entire bill

Exit 2017 headliners: The Killers, Liam Gallagher, Years and Years, Duke Dumont, Robin Schulz, Hardwell, Rag'n'Bone Man

Musilac 2017 headliners: Sting, Jamiroquai, Phoenix, Justice

Lovebox 2017 headliners: Frank Ocean, Chase and Status

How on earth are any of those more suited to Tame Impala than Latitude? I'm aware there are other festivals on at the same time but I don't understand how any of those could be seen as more suitable.

Citadel is suitable but I would imagine they're more likely to headline Latitude or Bestival. Initially had them down as Bestival headliners for next year until we incorrectly heard they wouldn't be touring until 2019, so if they're still in Europe by early August then I would predict Bestival for them; but them being in Spain on the Thursday of Latitude definitely makes them a contender, which is all I was saying.

We'll see what materialises throughout January.

When I say betted suited, I mean because they've only performed at two festivals in the UK since 2015 but have done a lot of their own shows. Tame Impala are a band that know their performance is enhanced by visuals and lights, do you think a latitude set (in the middle of the summer) is really going to encapsulate that? They seem to play a lot abroad, maybe due to the fact they can play in tents (like roskilde) or play later on as festivals in Europe run later into the night. I know Sigur Ros complained about Bestival because they played in the light, therefore their set fell on it's arse. (I know Tame Impala played glasto, And came on at 8 on main stage but that's glasto, but  Bestival they played in at tent gone 23:00 ) so think of better suited as for their performance, as opposed to their genre. 

I see them playing Mad cool and Super Bock, with somewhere else inbetween, I just don't know if that place will be Latitude.