Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

35 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

There's loads on Gumtree - I think I even saw one for Saturday. And a lot of them are being sold by people living close to the festival, so I'm guessing you could probably arrange to pick it up from their house

Good luck!

Thank you so much , hadn’t even considered gumtree 

11 hours ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Is it actually Idris Elba as the exclusive DJ set or is there also the possibility that it might be someone else other than him (perhaps Craig Charles, being a actor and DJ?)

Yeah definitely him 

Filming a new Netflix show that he stars in and is producing called Turn up Charlie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turn_Up_Charlie

On 7/8/2018 at 8:45 PM, Cat Man said:

Really? The I’d suggest that Latitude us not your festival

This year it isn't. The Killers headlining (who've played pretty much everywhere this year already) and Solange and Alt J (poor imo). Most of the other acts aren't massive attention grabbers either for my tastes. Not when in 2016 it was The National, New Order, M83, Daughter, Father John Misty, Mo, Oh Wonder, Maccabees.

Last year even, Fleet Foxes, Glass Animals, The Horrors, The Radio Dept, Mount Kimbie, Placebo, Ride, Goldfrapp, Sohn.

I really wished this year pulled it out the back but sadly not for my tastes. Hope everyone has a blast though!

1 hour ago, cdm22 said:

Not very...

Thanks. Oh dear.

They're right though. James have to be a lot bigger in this country than the younger Knowles. Though I'm not sure how they could've arranged the bill to add to Solange's crowd - it was a strange booking from the off, as good as she is.

Can't see a lot of tweets about the set either, though what there is was enthusiastic. But then I really don't think James are a Latitude 2018 headline band.

Looking at the line-up, I wonder (admittedly not knowing about availability) if Alt-J could have headlined with Solange as sub, have Belle & Sebastian sub the Killers and have the Vaccines as Sunday headliners?

13 minutes ago, SweepingTheNation said:

Looking at the line-up, I wonder (admittedly not knowing about availability) if Alt-J could have headlined with Solange as sub, have Belle & Sebastian sub the Killers and have the Vaccines as Sunday headliners?

Are there not already enough white boy indie rock bands at the top of festival bills for you already?

58 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Are there not already enough white boy indie rock bands at the top of festival bills for you already?

What a load of rubbish, the likes of her and her sister fill out stadiums, it's their thing, should we insist they now have a "white indie band" as a warm up act, festival crowds as a whole don't go for R&B, R&B fans don't go for "white indie bands" why can we not separate our likes without having political correctness down our throats, and as for your comment "probs for latitude, whether, poor crowd or not" is rubbish, all it did was waste a good headline slot..... Please get over yourself.....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Props to Latitude for putting Solange in the top slot, small crowd or not.

Have seen Solange and James in the last couple of years and Solange was the best out of the two by a long, long way.

Edited by DiscothequeDave
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, Funktownbro said:

What a load of rubbish, the likes of her and her sister fill out stadiums, it's their thing, should we insist they now have a "white indie band" as a warm up act, festival crowds as a whole don't go for R&B, R&B fans don't go for "white indie bands" why can we not separate our likes without having political correctness down our throats, and as for your comment "probs for latitude, whether, poor crowd or not" is rubbish, all it did was waste a good headline slot..... Please get over yourself.....

what's your thoughts on blackface mate

• Downvote 2

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Tbf are we really high-fiving each other if Wolf Alice headlined?

I don't right know about your saying props to Latitude for having her headline. On one hand: yeah she's a great artist and it's good to diversify the pool of headline acts across the board. But it's not like Glastonbury or R+L where it might be a platform for something and the uninitiated would have to pay attention;, it's just her performing to a small crowd in Suffolk and perhaps all it shows is that she's not as great a pull as Ben Kingsley and the lads at these places. A tree falling in the woods, so to speak.

Just so it's clear to everyone, when I said up the page about the tweeter being right, I meant more about the comparative popularity of the two acts rather than James being a Latitude headline act. That would be godawful.

Edited by dentalplan
  • Downvote 2

Solange was great. Small crowd but the crowd were great and appreciative.

The whole 'her headlining is bullshit' talk is boring, if you're that offended by who is headlining a festival then you need to reassess your priorities really, no one is forcing you to buy a ticket or go and watch that headliner 

?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Interesting how people are making a point of downvoting both pro-Solange and anti-Solange replies.

I take the whiteboy indie complaint (it was quite late, I was looking at the line-up trying to work some way round) but for all that Solange is and has achieved I said back before the announcement when it was a rumour that I didn't think she was going to pull people in as a headliner, and I think there was some agreement just because of how much talk there was about whether her sister would be able to make a cameo rather than whether she could pull it off herself. That was based on her being second stage headliner at the smaller Lovebox last year and not releasing anything since.