Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

3 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Jesus i hope not...

he was truly dreadful at Glastonbury in 2011,

You've got a man who's been the best in the game since the 60s, now on his last ever tour, as a potential for an addition to the line-up; and on the basis of one performance which he was ill during, you're saying "Jesus, I hope not"? Absolute horror show from you, he's normally outstanding live.

7 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

You've got a man who's been the best in the game since the 60s, now on his last ever tour, as a potential for an addition to the line-up; and on the basis of one performance which he was ill during, you're saying "Jesus, I hope not"? Absolute horror show from you, he's normally outstanding live.

He may well have been one of the best in the game with the curly haired one beside him... but i am sorry if 50 years of songwriting ends up with you singing "You can call me Al" as an encore, then a sore throat is not the root of the problem.

Anyone heard anything about the rules on BBQs his year. We normally take two or three disposable jobs but was wondering given the weather lately if there might be a blanket ban this year?

Edited by Cat Man

2 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

He may well have been one of the best in the game with the curly haired one beside him... but i am sorry if 50 years of songwriting ends up with you singing "You can call me Al" as an encore, then a sore throat is not the root of the problem.

You can call me Al is a fucking tune. End of story. 

Hi everyone. I would appreciate your guidance on this.

It's my first time at Latitude this year and we are camping for the weekend. I am a semi-veteran of other festivals: Glastonbury, Green Man, Indietracks.

I am wondering – we are intending to arrive at the site early on Friday morning. Do you think we will be able to find a camping space easily enough? I have nightmare memories of Glastonbury, where it is mad race to get a camping space on the Wednesday.

Thanks for any advice on this.

Edited by CraigDinosaur

30 minutes ago, CraigDinosaur said:

It's my first time at Latitude this year and we are camping for the weekend. I am a semi-veteran of other festivals: Glastonbury, Green Man, Indietracks.

I am wondering – we are intending to arrive at the site early on Friday morning. Do you think we will be able to find a camping space easily enough? I have nightmare memories of Glastonbury, where it is mad race to get a camping space on the Wednesday.

You’ll get a pitch but you won’t get much choice. My advice would be come Thursday if you can 

Felt like the line up was a massive let down this year. It's been incredible the past few years so I booked the time off work and it's pretty dreadful for my tastes. No one who I'm desperate to see. Sad as I wish I was going. Just wish the line-up was on-par with last year's or the year before.

1 hour ago, CraigDinosaur said:

Obviously you won't get the best spots but I'd still say it's a lot easier to find a space than arriving at Glasto late which can be a nightmare. Just head of the main paths and it shouldn't be too bad - probably more space on the outer edges of Green camping.

1 hour ago, D-Low said:

Felt like the line up was a massive let down this year. It's been incredible the past few years so I booked the time off work and it's pretty dreadful for my tastes. No one who I'm desperate to see. Sad as I wish I was going. Just wish the line-up was on-par with last year's or the year before.

Really? The I’d suggest that Latitude us not your festival

13 hours ago, rseamer said:

Obviously you won't get the best spots but I'd still say it's a lot easier to find a space than arriving at Glasto late which can be a nightmare. Just head of the main paths and it shouldn't be too bad - probably more space on the outer edges of Green camping.

Thank you for your response, that is reassuring.

I don't have much frame of reference for the "best spots" because I have never been to the festival before – one patch of grass will look much the same as another to me. It's only two nights, so as long as there is some kind of space to put the tent up then I will be happy.

We're festival veterans of many ( many!) years but this is our first venture to Latitude this year. We've been lucky enough to get weekend performer guest passes which apparently allow camping in the performer campsite? Has anyone had any experience of this side of the weekend? We are only able to arrive on friday morning, will the performer campsite be packed? I'm not interested in the prospect of "being backstage" as a novelty in itself as I treat celebrities as I would treat anyone else but does the performer guest pass gain us any "extras" such as showers, bars etc? Many thanks if anyone can share any of their own experiences on this ticket. Hugely looking forward to it all! X

Days away now...seems like ages since I booked it...and been meaning to go to Latitude for about the last 6 or 7 years but always ended up doing other festivals instead

If I enjoy it half as much as I am expecting to I will be twice as happy as I imagined being

Edited by Flaminglippy

@taff 5 The performer camping is a thin sliver of land to the north of Family camping on the map.  There's loads of room but most likely at the back if arriving Friday.  But it's not like Glasto, that means a 10 minute walk instead of a 3 minute walk to the arena.  The area has the white trailer style shower blocks, with portaloos.  There is a bar which is open till 3 with an indoor fire, and a couple of food stalls too.

@chrish26 Thursday's a settling-in day.  The main two stages aren't open but most of the rest are.  There are theatre performances and the Speakeasy is open too.  Most people have a boogie in the woods though.

Enjoy the fest, I've given it a miss as 3 festivals on the bounce is too much for me to do these days.  I'd be interested to hear about any site changes after the event.

On 7/8/2018 at 9:45 AM, Cat Man said:

Anyone heard anything about the rules on BBQs his year. We normally take two or three disposable jobs but was wondering given the weather lately if there might be a blanket ban this year?

They’d never ban blankets don’t worry ? 

seriously though I don’t think they banned bbqs when there was a very dry year in 2013(or thereabouts), so I’d imagine if you’re careful keeping it off the ground you’ll be fine

18 hours ago, chrish26 said:

First year at Latitude, is there usually much going on on the Thursday?

There's not a huge amount but a few bits and pieces - although because there are only a few things some of them can get very busy (for example there's a full programme running in The Speakeasy (The 'literature / spoken word' arena) which will probably be very busy). Thursday is always good for a general wander round the site, checking out where everything is and seeing what odd goings on you can spot. I'd also recommend getting down to the Waterfront stage early for Crxss Platfxrm at 20.15 which looks like it will be quite a cool production - but again it will be very busy so get there early for a good view! We plan to get a beer and just chill out near the stage at least half an hour before - maybe more.

All of Thursday's attractions are live on the App BTW.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, evannn said:

They’d never ban blankets don’t worry ? 

seriously though I don’t think they banned bbqs when there was a very dry year in 2013(or thereabouts), so I’d imagine if you’re careful keeping it off the ground you’ll be fine

AHA!? Thanks.

Just wanted to take this opportunity to wish everyone on this site - first timers and old hands alike - a brilliant festival??

If you happen to see a grey-haired beardy guy wearing a bush hat and probably a Sonic Youth tee-shirt, hanging around anywhere there's a noisy guitar band, do come and say 'hi'!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

We got the ferry over yesterday afternoon , stayed near stansted last night and now heading towards the supermarket and campervan collection - feels excitIng to be going to a new festival ..... aaaaaaahhhhh on our way ? 

on another note we’ve got a mate suddenly decided she wants to come on Saturday , anyone know if there are anywhere that spare tickets maybe for sale , apart from normal online as she can only do one day and Saturday have sold out . Checked twickets and scarlet mist already 

2 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

We got the ferry over yesterday afternoon , stayed near stansted last night and now heading towards the supermarket and campervan collection - feels excitIng to be going to a new festival ..... aaaaaaahhhhh on our way ? 

on another note we’ve got a mate suddenly decided she wants to come on Saturday , anyone know if there are anywhere that spare tickets maybe for sale , apart from normal online as she can only do one day and Saturday have sold out . Checked twickets and scarlet mist already 

There's loads on Gumtree - I think I even saw one for Saturday. And a lot of them are being sold by people living close to the festival, so I'm guessing you could probably arrange to pick it up from their house

Good luck!