Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

1 hour ago, ianlash said:

Are we all getting a bit excited?  Why would they keep bands such as Pearl Jam quiet?  Festival Republic are in this to make money by selling tickets.  Keeping someone as good as them secret doesn't sell tickets.  I think we might be disappointed.

Hopefully I'm wrong, like my wife always says.

Not that fussed about PJ, just that I noticed they were in the neighbourhood. They way they have bigged up the act this year I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s someone of that magnitude. 

there was a massive gap between... I want to say la roux and SBTKRT a few years back in the tent

people hung around to see what the secret set there was ...nothing

EDIT: ignore, thought secret set was announced for main stage

Edited by pryce

On 7/5/2018 at 10:57 AM, ianlash said:

Are we all getting a bit excited?  Why would they keep bands such as Pearl Jam quiet?  Festival Republic are in this to make money by selling tickets.  Keeping someone as good as them secret doesn't sell tickets.  I think we might be disappointed.

Hopefully I'm wrong, like my wife always says.

A fair point, unless the 'iconic secret act' is also down to make an appearance in one of  the headline sets, rather like Thom Yorke did with Portishead a few years ago. I'd put a decent bet on whoever it is playing that secret set performing a number or two with the Killers later in the evening....?

1 hour ago, Cat Man said:

A fair point, unless the 'iconic secret act' is also down to make an appearance in one of  the headline sets, rather like Thom Yorke did with Portishead a few years ago. I'd put a decent bet on whoever it is playing that secret set performing a number or two with the Killers later in the evening....?

https://www.nme.com/news/music/watch-paul-mccartney-join-killers-stage-new-years-eve-1930558

2 hours ago, sam1981 said:

So, IF the amazing happened and England were in the final on Sunday, what's the capacity of the Music and Film Arena? I assume it's a tent and will have a finite capacity as opposed to a big field with screens...? 

On FB in response to world cup questions they have said it is on in the music and film arena, possibly plus big screen TBC. So I think that means if England are in the final they will have an aditional screen/venue.

I guess they are waiting to see what happens :)

Edited by Miesh

3 hours ago, Miesh said:

On FB in response to world cup questions they have said it is on in the music and film arena, possibly plus big screen TBC. So I think that means if England are in the final they will have an aditional screen/venue.

I guess they are waiting to see what happens :)

my wife said that she had an email that suggested that if needed there would be a big screen in the village area, outside the arena..

9 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

my wife said that she had an email that suggested that if needed there would be a big screen in the village area, outside the arena..

Looking at the stage times, if by some miracle England were to win the final  (in normal time) it would be straight into the tent to celebrate with IDLES. Now THAT would be a gig to remember !!!

#maryberrylikesfootball