Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

Is there specific parking for those in family camping? Looking at a map from 2017 looks like the Orange gate is nearest, is that right? 

How busy does the family camping normally get? We have a trolley which we cart our son around in, so we normally look for a quiet area with space between tents so we can get it back to the tent each day. 

17 minutes ago, sam1981 said:

Is there specific parking for those in family camping? Looking at a map from 2017 looks like the Orange gate is nearest, is that right? 

How busy does the family camping normally get? We have a trolley which we cart our son around in, so we normally look for a quiet area with space between tents so we can get it back to the tent each day. 

Hi, yes, the family camping entrance is the Orange gate.  When you get your tickets you should get a little leaflet showing the entrances.  Note, you can't travel north on the A145 to get to the Orange entrance; either go south from Beccles/Norwich or go anti-clockwise all the way round the festival site.  It means the traffic flows better.

Family camping does get busy (as the tents are larger), so it could be difficult getting a trolley round some tents, but not impossible.  The problem is it might be clear when you pitch your tent, but then someone plants a tent right on your thoroughfare.  Many people cart kids round in trolleys, so it's certainly doable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

My festival ticekst arrived on Monday but no sight of the van ticket yet - do they normally come together

has anyone received both festival and c/v tickets yet this year and were they together?

many thanks

Our van tickets came with the entrance tickets

Our van tickets haven't turned up yet either - got the event tickets about a month ago.

Slight tangent - any ideas what they might setup for showing World Cup Final - heard they were going to have a screen in the music/film arena but on the off chance England do make it that doesn't sound like it would be enough for hopefully everyone that wanted to see it.

3 hours ago, evannn said:

I’m hoping for a silent disco situation on the mainstage. Band plays with audio on channel one and video on the left screen. Football on channel two and the right screen

How about the Faraway Forest, with face-painted pixies serving Carlsberg in champagne flutes and a 100-piece vuvuzela orchestra playing extracts from Corigliano's Symphony No.1 whilst VAR decisons are interpreted through the medium of contemporary dance...

Edited by Cat Man
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, neil_clarky said:

Perhaps Richard Ashcroft as the special guest? Turned up and did an acoustic before Liam Gallagher last night so familiar to Festival Republic

I heard about that on the radio ealier and thought that if Richard Ashcroft was the special guest I'd be happy.

Anyone know if Fazerdaze are actually playing?  They’re shown on the Alcove stage on the poster but if you look at the A-Z listing on the website they aren’t there and they aren’t on the app at all. I was looking forward to seeing them. 

14 minutes ago, ianlash said:

Anyone know if Fazerdaze are actually playing?  They’re shown on the Alcove stage on the poster but if you look at the A-Z listing on the website they aren’t there and they aren’t on the app at all. I was looking forward to seeing them. 

Oh they cancelled their tour. Didn't realise they were playing this but yeah they're out.

4 hours ago, Miesh said:

Although....I'd actually like it to be Jarvis Cocker. I've never seen him live.

I am really starting to get excited about this festival now. Very different to what I'm used to but I'm ready to embrace it.

Names I’ve seen mentioned:

Liam Gallagher

Richard Ashcroft

Iggy Pop

Damon Albarn

Van Morrison

Bjork

Nick Cave

Beyonce

David Byrne

How many of those are true ‘icons’? Well I’d suggest probably all of them....... ?

4 hours ago, Miesh said:

Although....I'd actually like it to be Jarvis Cocker. I've never seen him live.

I am really starting to get excited about this festival now. Very different to what I'm used to but I'm ready to embrace it.

Purely out of interest.....what are you used to?

22 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

Names I’ve seen mentioned:

Liam Gallagher

Richard Ashcroft

Iggy Pop

Damon Albarn

Van Morrison

Bjork

Nick Cave

Beyonce

David Byrne

How many of those are true ‘icons’? Well I’d suggest probably all of them....... ?

And my leftfield list of iconic long shots, even longer shots, OMG s and ‘ Please, no!!!!’s’ (in no particular order)....

Shaun Ryder

Lana Del Rey

Tom Jones (again)

Jonny Marr

Spandau Ballet/ Tony Hadley

Boy George

L7 (f&@ck yeah!)

Jarvis Cocker

Robert Smith/ the Cure?

Echo & the Bunnymen

Distillers

A holographic performance by some famous dead person

Duran Duran (just for you jamesfisher)

Btw- I missed out Ray Davies/ the Kinks from my previous list.......?

43 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

Purely out of interest.....what are you used to?

Glastonbury, Secret Garden Party, Boomtown, Shambala  - far less civilised than I expect Latitude is going to be :).  Latitude I think will still be fun but calmer, and posher.

Although I think it will be visually like SGP (the lake and art).

There is seating I think around the main stage? I find that a strange concept.

I have not been to an arena festival since my first festival in 1999,  so that part I'm not looking forward to.

Lots of people I know love Latitude and I'm going to (as someone suggested on here) focus on what it is and not think about what it isn't.

22 minutes ago, Miesh said:

Glastonbury, Secret Garden Party, Boomtown, Shambala  - far less civilised than I expect Latitude is going to be :).  Latitude I think will still be fun but calmer, and posher.

Although I think it will be visually like SGP (the lake and art).

There is seating I think around the main stage? I find that a strange concept.

I have not been to an arena festival since my first festival in 1999,  so that part I'm not looking forward to.

Lots of people I know love Latitude and I'm going to (as someone suggested on here) focus on what it is and not think about what it isn't.

good for you. I guess latitude is what you make it. Ignore the seating at the back of the main stage (we do) and the Tarquins and Jeminas who are just there to say they went. There’s a fantastic music lineup this year, great comedy and cabaret as always and all kinds of unexpected weird shit after dark. Have a great festival.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

good for you. I guess latitude is what you make it. Ignore the seating at the back of the main stage (we do) and the Tarquins and Jeminas who are just there to say they went. There’s a fantastic music lineup this year, great comedy and cabaret as always and all kinds of unexpected weird shit after dark. Have a great festival.

Thank you for the advice. The weird shit after dark sounds interesting. The line up is varied, there is plenty I'm looking forward to.

Have a great festival too :drinks:

Edited by Miesh

54 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

do NOT ignore the seating at the back of the main stage... i did for 2 years thinking it was a riduculous thing...

Then one sunny & breezy saturday lunchtime when i was particularly hanging, i took a couple of beers and something to eat and sat up the top of the stand on my own watching someone random on the Obelisk... worked a treat.

it is now something of a ritual.... often with a newspaper if i can get one..

I wont sit up there of an evening, or when someone i really like is on... but when it is empty, give it a go... you may like it!

9 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

do NOT ignore the seating at the back of the main stage... i did for 2 years thinking it was a riduculous thing...

Then one sunny & breezy saturday lunchtime when i was particularly hanging, i took a couple of beers and something to eat and sat up the top of the stand on my own watching someone random on the Obelisk... worked a treat.

I wont sit up there of an evening, or when someone i really like is on... but when it is empty, give it a go... you may like it!

Sat there for last year during the 30 minutes of rain we had.  Good place to sit for that, with a (free Waitrose) coffee.

16 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

Same here.  Its a good place to watch stuff mid afternoon whilst waiting about or just to eat!!