Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

Beyoncé is playing in Paris on the Saturday and Sunday evening so would only be able to do the Friday - which would obviously tie in nicely with Solange's set.

However, I just cannot see her playing on a not-sold-out Friday afternoon in Suffolk, even though she may be around and about.

Unless she joins Solange on stage and then plays a slot somewhere afterwards. Unfortunately, it just doesn't seem like something she would do. She's not exactly a grab a guitar and play it round a camp fire kind of act.

3 hours ago, some dude said:

Anyone ever done day camping before - is it a cramped mess or okay? Looks like my only option after the Saturday, unless anyone knows of another way to get out of the festival bar driving after the headliners?

Looked like long queues to get in last year but would stop short of calling it a cramped mess. We camped overnight a few years back and it was fine. No probs 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Nick Cave would be awesome. Beyonce was being bandied about earlier though, any particular reason why thats gone quiet on the rumour front? 

Does this normally happen on one of the smaller stages? 

Could be pretty much any of the stages in my experience 

28 minutes ago, Flaminglippy said:

Nick Cave would be awesome. Beyonce was being bandied about earlier though, any particular reason why thats gone quiet on the rumour front? 

Does this normally happen on one of the smaller stages? 

They have had secret sets on small stages (the sunrise or bbc introducing) but never announced these ones. 

When they announced a secret set (Rudimental) it was the mainstage. I couldn’t see this one being on a small/inaccessible one now that they’ve made a fuss. Obelisk/bbc music/waterfront imo

13 hours ago, evannn said:

They have had secret sets on small stages (the sunrise or bbc introducing) but never announced these ones. 

When they announced a secret set (Rudimental) it was the mainstage. I couldn’t see this one being on a small/inaccessible one now that they’ve made a fuss. Obelisk/bbc music/waterfront imo

Did I imagine it or was there talk of a “very special” surprise guest on the Obelisk earlier in the year, possibly on the Saturday? If so I wonder if this is the same thing and whether there could be a link between this act and the Killers or one if the other Saturday lineup? Or an I just going crazy in the heat?

15 hours ago, Cat Man said:

Looked like long queues to get in last year but would stop short of calling it a cramped mess. We camped overnight a few years back and it was fine. No probs 

Thanks, what time did you turn up at to get a spot? Thinking I'll head early in any case.

15 minutes ago, some dude said:

Thanks, what time did you turn up at to get a spot? Thinking I'll head early in any case.

Check on the website but the year we did it it was supposed to open at 10, but we pitched up a bit before that and they just let us on, even though people were still sleeping it off from the night before. Only problem was stupidly pitched close to one of the lighting rigs and got no sleep from the sound of the generator chugging away all night. Last year looked a bit different- they seemed to be holding people until the area was pretty much cleared from the day before, which was definitely later than 10, hence the LONG queue, but we saw people setting up and it didn't look too bad. I suggest you check on the website and if it still says you can get on at 10 then go with that, even if you have to queue. If you pitch up late you risk being at the back of that queue and missing out on a decent spot.

Facilties were pretty basic- just 2 portaloos and a water point as I recall - but if its just for the night, who gives one!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Cat Man said:

Check on the website but the year we did it it was supposed to open at 10, but we pitched up a bit before that and they just let us on, even though people were still sleeping it off from the night before. Only problem was stupidly pitched close to one of the lighting rigs and got no sleep from the sound of the generator chugging away all night. Last year looked a bit different- they seemed to be holding people until the area was pretty much cleared from the day before, which was definitely later than 10, hence the LONG queue, but we saw people setting up and it didn't look too bad. I suggest you check on the website and if it still says you can get on at 10 then go with that, even if you have to queue. If you pitch up late you risk being at the back of that queue and missing out on a decent spot.

Facilties were pretty basic- just 2 portaloos and a water point as I recall - but if its just for the night, who gives one!

Thanks will do. As you say its only a night!

5 hours ago, Cat Man said:

Did I imagine it or was there talk of a “very special” surprise guest on the Obelisk earlier in the year, possibly on the Saturday? If so I wonder if this is the same thing and whether there could be a link between this act and the Killers or one if the other Saturday lineup? Or an I just going crazy in the heat?

I can’t remember to be honest. Off the top of my head none of the Saturday obelisk acts have famous collaborations that I can think of

26 minutes ago, evannn said:

I can’t remember to be honest. Off the top of my head none of the Saturday obelisk acts have famous collaborations that I can think of

My initial reaction was maybe they'd slip something in between the Vaccines and the Killers, particularly given the Killers have been hauling various acts out to perform with them on their tour. I read that Craig Nicholls of the Vines did something with in Sydney earlier the month. I could see something like that working really well. And with an "iconic" secret set I would have thought it was more about prestige and ensuring a big crowd than selling tickets, so late Saturday on the Obelisk would seem to fit.....?

3 hours ago, Ejestivals said:

Anybody still waiting for their tickets? Mine haven't turned up yet. Two weekend tickets and a camper van pass.

My festival ticekst arrived on Monday but no sight of the van ticket yet - do they normally come together

has anyone received both festival and c/v tickets yet this year and were they together?

many thanks