Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

50 minutes ago, sam1981 said:

Have we still not got stage times? I can see Clashfinders for festivals that are ages away, but nothing for Latitude ?

There is a clashfinder, although it's rated as 5 at the moment (ie don't even think about printing), and it's only got the two main stages so far.

I said I'd never go again because I didn't like the way it was going, but I'd have gone again for a 6th Latitude this year if I'd been able to. But alas I'm spending the Glastonbury fallow getting educated, and I don't see them enticing me back in a Glastonbury year. Bit of a shame but fair play to them for putting a lot of good stuff on the bill this year.

Does anybody have a spare/unused campervan ticket for Latitude - have been sitting waiting for ours and have checked this morning to chase it up (as our standard tickets arrived a few weeks ago) and realised forgot to book them and they are now sold out!!! Am desperate now to get hold of one in time so if anybody knows anybody that would be great to get in touch.

Edited by lburrett

18 hours ago, JoBalls said:

Anyone seen today’s email about a “huge secret set”? Any ideas?

Of the usual suspects, The Ginger One is in Stockholm on the Saturday but otherwise free. Florence has two European festival dates over the weekend but might just squeeze something in. But seriously, its got to be Robert Smith hasn't it....?

1 hour ago, ianlash said:

Still think it might be Snow Patrol.  New album out, played there before and their European tour finishes on Friday 13th.

Gary lightbody is currently on Sunday brunch, talked about their tour, no mention of festivals but then if not announced he wouldn’t anyway.

On 6/23/2018 at 10:46 AM, Cat Man said:

Of the usual suspects, The Ginger One is in Stockholm on the Saturday but otherwise free. Florence has two European festival dates over the weekend but might just squeeze something in. But seriously, its got to be Robert Smith hasn't it....?

What makes you think it will be Robert Smith?

20 hours ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

What makes you think it will be Robert Smith?

No more than a hunch in truth...and wishful thinking. But there is a logic to it. The Cure play Hyde Park the weeknd before and have been active in the UK on the run up with Meltdown. But most of all, the Killers have been bringing out surprise 'local' special guests all through their world tour and Brandon has made a point of talking about his admiration for the Cure just recently and how they inspired him musically. They've even been throwing in the odd Cure cover at shows. Its just a nice fit isn't it? And if Robert Smith was to pop up Saturday night as a special guest, who's to say a secret set wouldn't follow? It would certaint fit the "huge" moniker.

8 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

No more than a hunch in truth...and wishful thinking. But there is a logic to it. The Cure play Hyde Park the weeknd before and have been active in the UK on the run up with Meltdown. But most of all, the Killers have been bringing out surprise 'local' special guests all through their world tour and Brandon has made a point of talking about his admiration for the Cure just recently and how they inspired him musically. They've even been throwing in the odd Cure cover at shows. Its just a nice fit isn't it? And if Robert Smith was to pop up Saturday night as a special guest, who's to say a secret set wouldn't follow? It would certaint fit the "huge" moniker.

If it's Robert Smith / The Cure I will eat my own hat. ? However, it could be Interpol from the Hyde Park bill. 

• Upvote 1

Wishful thinking, but Ben Gibbard of Death Cab/The Postal Service is playing a festival on the Faroe Islands the same weekend.

Realistically, most of the suspected headliners plus a few acts that might not be that level are in the running. Wouldn’t mind if it was someone shit like catfish et al, because then it might mean they won’t headline next year 

On 6/24/2018 at 10:10 AM, ianlash said:

Still think it might be Snow Patrol.  New album out, played there before and their European tour finishes on Friday 13th.

i reckon this is the shout... NOS Alive and Mad Cool on Thursday/Friday then Latitude Sunday...

They are pushing the new album on the telly FFS, and having The Killers would have bumped the attendance up.

They wont have a massive act there... it is still only a sunday 4pm slot.

2 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

i reckon this is the shout... NOS Alive and Mad Cool on Thursday/Friday then Latitude Sunday...

They are pushing the new album on the telly FFS, and having The Killers would have bumped the attendance up.

They wont have a massive act there... it is still only a sunday 4pm slot.

I hope not. Gary Lightbody seems like a really nice bloke but there's something about Snow Patrol that just leaves me numb. Chasing Cars has got to be the biggest chunk of Indie anti-matter greyness ever written.

So I'm standing here, arms outstreched, waiting for the deathblow... ?x

19 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

I hope not. Gary Lightbody seems like a really nice bloke but there's something about Snow Patrol that just leaves me numb. Chasing Cars has got to be the biggest chunk of Indie anti-matter greyness ever written.

So I'm standing here, arms outstreched, waiting for the deathblow... ?x

I cant say i will be charging along to see them.... just think there is a good chance they will pitch up..

It WONT be somebody of the quality and stature of Florence  though.

TBH im not fussed about any other 'big' acts.. i think the line-up looks really good already. If there was one band i would like to see join (for a BBC Music Tent set) it would be October Drift.. they would smash it.