Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

6 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Has anyone here take a campervan to Latitude please

Van is hired , its exactly 7metres (6 berth)  - now not sure whether to get a van ticket for up to 7 metres and be the big van or go over 7 metres and be with the massive big winebegos ..... how strict are they in the cv fields? And does anyone have any guidance ?

Many thanks

FFxx

we take a caravan each year....

i dont think i have seen a vast amount of the mega winnebagos... i remember last year that they had 2 or 3 that were right at the back of the field parked together (and you dont want that)..

so i would look at convincing yourself and the rest of your party that your van is 6.5 metres..stick with that story at the gate "we specifically requested a van under 7 metres..." if you are 'measured up', i cant see them turning you round and sending you out..... they just want people parked up..

like Glasto.. one route in, that reverses direction on Sunday to get out..

6 hours ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Has anyone here take a campervan to Latitude please

Van is hired , its exactly 7metres (6 berth)  - now not sure whether to get a van ticket for up to 7 metres and be the big van or go over 7 metres and be with the massive big winebegos ..... how strict are they in the cv fields? And does anyone have any guidance ?

Many thanks

FFxx

in all honesty i am surprised that they are still on sale..... (but they certainly are)..

On 4/26/2018 at 10:31 PM, BlueDaze said:

I have always liked the bars and they are all being changed this year (hopefully not going all Carlsberg).

yes its true its all change ' with regards Bar Operators ' but the contract between Festival Republic and Carlsberg and Somersby still remain.Who has taken over the bar operator contract I don't have a clue but it wont be the Company that took over the bar operator contract for Reading and Leeds as they went bust { I bet their suppliers will be regretting ever getting involved with them } - I have seen adverts for Bar staff they have a condition ' all staff have to wear a black Uniform ' so god knows what that is all about - these Companies who do it for a profit tend not to trust their staff so they may go for a voucher bar or they may not - if its a voucher bar you have to fully read the terms and conditions First - I know that at some events people who bought vouchers for a Friday discovered they could not use them on the Saturday - that must have gone down well - or it may just be a straight cash Bar - I refuse to work with these people although I was considering being a Oxfam Volunteer at it but my Team mate who works with me at events she has a wedding to attend that weekend so that screwed up that plan.

I would imagine they will keep the same locations.

The WBC still has the contract with Festival Republic at certain events at Finsbury Park so its not a complete break.

10 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

yes its true its all change ' with regards Bar Operators ' but the contract between Festival Republic and Carlsberg and Somersby still remain.Who has taken over the bar operator contract I don't have a clue but it wont be the Company that took over the bar operator contract for Reading and Leeds as they went bust { I bet their suppliers will be regretting ever getting involved with them } - I have seen adverts for Bar staff they have a condition ' all staff have to wear a black Uniform ' so god knows what that is all about - these Companies who do it for a profit tend not to trust their staff so they may go for a voucher bar or they may not - if its a voucher bar you have to fully read the terms and conditions First - I know that at some events people who bought vouchers for a Friday discovered they could not use them on the Saturday - that must have gone down well - or it may just be a straight cash Bar - I refuse to work with these people although I was considering being a Oxfam Volunteer at it but my Team mate who works with me at events she has a wedding to attend that weekend so that screwed up that plan.

I would imagine they will keep the same locations.

The WBC still has the contract with Festival Republic at certain events at Finsbury Park so its not a complete break.

the bars have always worked well at Latitude imho... More 'friendly country pub' than 'slick efficiency', but enough staff to ensure there is little waiting.. The Hektors pale always goes down far too nicely..

I am encouraged by the new focus on food this year as that was definitely needed.. Hope they dont mess the bars up too much..

2 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

the bars have always worked well at Latitude imho... More 'friendly country pub' than 'slick efficiency', but enough staff to ensure there is little waiting.. The Hektors pale always goes down far too nicely..

I am encouraged by the new focus on food this year as that was definitely needed.. Hope they dont mess the bars up too much..

I personally know Melvin {he used to work for the WBC before working for Vince {Mean Fiddler} and then onto Festival Republic} and I know he will be all over the new bars and I am sure the new bar operator is in for a shock as he hates queues - right from the first year the whole plan was for the bars to blend into the Countryside rather than them being just big bars - a shot from 2006 - may have looked quaint but as we soon discovered the midges and mosquitoes used to hide under the bar counter ' and then attack in the early evening ' - some were not easy to supply hence the massive trolley { that is in the guest area where there was room to store a lot of stock } and they are on their way to the in the woods area to restock the two bars } - we had great fun working there and the Customers were delightful so its sad that we lost the contract but I know the WBC will be after it in later years.Please be sure to post after the event as to how the bars went.You never know they may be better.

latitude-bar.thumb.jpg.286130d5316400eeb96b2e0b383c7b30.jpg2012-wbc-14.thumb.jpg.f41eb0215452962a3e4481a907073c7a.jpg

Edited by glasto-worker

37 minutes ago, retromoz said:

I realise no one would know, as their PR campaign is worse than the UK's in europe, but there was a new announcement today....

https://www.latitudefestival.com/news/additional-food-music-and-family-programming-latitude-2018

Well it’s not as though the announcement is rammed with ticket shifting acts is it, but yes I agree their PR people either need sacking or a size 11 up their arse.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Quick question to Latitude veterans - the festival says it opens at 2pm on the Thursday - is that the same time as the cv fields and the camping fields open or do they open a little earlier ?

many thanks

The last 3 years we have rocked up in caravans around midday and got straight in and usually quite a few in front of us as well.

Not sure if there is an official opening time for CV fields but don't think they want queues on A12 so usually just let people in early I think.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Six weeks to go and Latitude has slipped off the front page of the forum index. I hope a new, final announcement is due very, very soon to kickstart interest levels on the run-in to 12 July.

Is there much to add to this? Undercard's already pretty stacked isn't it?

11 hours ago, Mash011 said:

Is there much to add to this? Undercard's already pretty stacked isn't it?

Obelisk looks about right, ~7 acts a day. Might get one or two more added, depending on how long the slots are

6Music is just short of that, might see a few more acts added. 

Sunrise looks about right, and DJ rota full

Lake Stage is probably full, because it finishes before the main stage. Alcove looks about half full to me.

Pretty much full musically, might get some more added to the film and music and other small areas 

Edited by evannn

6 hours ago, evannn said:

Obelisk looks about right, ~7 acts a day. Might get one or two more added, depending on how long the slots are

6Music is just short of that, might see a few more acts added. 

Sunrise looks about right, and DJ rota full

Lake Stage is probably full, because it finishes before the main stage. Alcove looks about half full to me.

Pretty much full musically, might get some more added to the film and music and other small areas 

Last year Obelisk had 21 acts and so far there are 21 announced for 2018.

However, on BBC tent last year there were 24 acts and only 19 announced so far for 2018 - 5 TBA?

Sunrise in 2017 had 30, but only 24 for 2018 so far - 6 TBA?

Lake has 18, but had 24 in 2017 - 6 TBA?

On 5/30/2018 at 5:48 PM, swelsbyuk said:

Last year Obelisk had 21 acts and so far there are 21 announced for 2018.

However, on BBC tent last year there were 24 acts and only 19 announced so far for 2018 - 5 TBA?

Sunrise in 2017 had 30, but only 24 for 2018 so far - 6 TBA?

Lake has 18, but had 24 in 2017 - 6 TBA?

Looks like they’ve added a few more to the the lake and alcove stages, including lake stage DJs

On 6/9/2018 at 5:40 PM, evannn said:

Looks like they’ve added a few more to the the lake and alcove stages, including lake stage DJs

Yeah I noticed that. Interestingly one of the acts added to the Lake Stage is Caswell who I've seen a couple of times this year and who is well worth a look, especially if you fancy a chill-out. V talented local singer/songwriter. Might even treat you to the odd Portishead cover.