Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

5 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Yeah there is plenty more to come yet, looking at another 7 or so acts on the main stage and over 10 more acts for the BBC stage. Not to mention the Sunrise and Lake Stage which both have barely any acts on at the moment. Its been confirmed that there will be a special guest again this year and I've got a feeling its going to be Chic W/ Nile Rogers as they will be around. You'll have a great time regardless, there is loads to discover even if there aren't many names pulling you in at the moment.

Thanks for the boost of confience :) I noticed that IOW annouced Chic & NR  yesterday and was almost wishing I'd booked that instead (ferry prices put me off!). They would be a great special guest, as they were brilliant at Glasto, and would be a real feel-good sing along factor for a (hopefully) sunny afternoon!

22 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Yeah there is plenty more to come yet, looking at another 7 or so acts on the main stage and over 10 more acts for the BBC stage. Not to mention the Sunrise and Lake Stage which both have barely any acts on at the moment. Its been confirmed that there will be a special guest again this year and I've got a feeling its going to be Chic W/ Nile Rogers as they will be around. You'll have a great time regardless, there is loads to discover even if there aren't many names pulling you in at the moment.

There are already 16 acts announced for the main stage, surely they won't announce 7 more?

1 hour ago, MT21 said:

There are already 16 acts announced for the main stage, surely they won't announce 7 more?

The usually have 7 acts a day on the main stage and 8 a day on the 2nd stage. On the sunrise it is between 9 and 11 a day and the lake 8 a day. The Alcove anywhere between 6 and 10. also some music is in the Film and Music arena, only Nadine Shah so far. If the Solas area is back then that's another 6 to 8 a day as well.

Plenty more to come! 

17 hours ago, ianlash said:

Are tickets only available from TicketMaster at the moment?

Skiddle, Eventim and Gigantic don't have them available yet.  I know Ticketmaster are related to Latitude and I know they sent the tickets out so late last year some people didn't get them in time, so no way would I buy through them.  I bought through Eventim last year and was pleased with their service.  They are also giving the highest Quidco rate at the moment.

Liking the look of the lineup btw!

From the official latitude website under 'Information' then 'Ticksets'

Although i have clicked on the Eventim link and it says available soon. One person who is appearing has tweeted that they are going and tickets on sale on the 14th so might be available elsewhere from tomorrow.

APPROVED TICKET AGENTS
Ticketmaster
Big Green Coach
Colchester Arts Centre
Eventim
Gigantic
Festicket
Norwich Arts Centre
Pink Moon Camping
Podpads
See Tickets
Skiddle
Southwold Library
Southwold Theatre
Stargreen
Ticket Factory
Ticketline
UEA

Edited by jamesrfisher

3 hours ago, suttttttt said:

Rae Morris (although I'm seeing her elsewhere)

Her new album is amazing, isn't it?! She would definitely fit in this line-up, especially as she is only doing 2 UK festivals so far this year and has most of her summer schedule free

14 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Her new album is amazing, isn't it?! She would definitely fit in this line-up, especially as she is only doing 2 UK festivals so far this year and has most of her summer schedule free

It is brilliant! I'd never heard of her until she announced for Neverworld and have had her album on repeat ever since! I could definitely see her at Latitude, but as I'm already seeing her I don't mind either way!

20 minutes ago, FestivalNewbie7 said:

It is brilliant! I'd never heard of her until she announced for Neverworld and have had her album on repeat ever since! I could definitely see her at Latitude, but as I'm already seeing her I don't mind either way!

Have a feelin she played latitude recently, poss even last year?

8 hours ago, FestivalNewbie7 said:

A little bit disappointed with the line up so far... OK The Killers are (were) good, lots of anthems to sing along to, and I liked The Vaccines' first album, but nothing else excites me. Had a quick listen to Wolf Alice, Mogwai, Alt-J... not really my thing. I booked Lat as a Glasto replacement so I'm hoping that the comedy/theatre/other areas are worth going for, otherwise it's quite expensive! 

Out of the 3 festivals booked this year, this was by far the most expensive, and the least appealing. I'm not saying the line up isn't good, it's just not to my preference. I guess there will be more announcements to come? Hoping for maybe Sigrid, Rae Morris (although I'm seeing her elsewhere), and maybe something like Chic...

I'm intrigued as to why you rejected Wolf Alice given what you say about the Killers and The Vaccines? Strongly suggest you give both albums a proper listen!

21 hours ago, curlyjake said:

Obelisk:

Fri: Solange, Wolf Alice, The Charlatans, Sleeper. Gang of Youths

Sat: The Killers, The Vaccines, Jessie Ware, Parquet Courts, La Femme, Black Honey

Sun: Alt-J, Rag n Bone Man, Benjamin Clementine, Fickle Friends, Juanita Stein

BBC:

Fri: James, Tune-yards, Jacob Banks, Hinds

Sat: Mogwai, The Breeders, Bomba Estero, And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead

Sun: Jon Hopkins, Alvvays, Ibeyi, Idles,  Superorganism

19 hours ago, swelsbyuk said:

Is this a definite? Daughter can't come until early Friday evening because of school and she'll be cheesed off to miss Gang of Youths.

It's not a guess, but i can't 100% guarantee it is the running order. So far the bands self confirming days match that list i have, so appears to be correct.

3 minutes ago, curlyjake said:

It's not a guess, but i can't 100% guarantee it is the running order. So far the bands self confirming days match that list i have, so appears to be correct.

Are James really strong enough (or relevant enough) to headline the BBC Music Stage? Them + Solange seems to me to a pretty weak way to open the festival

6 minutes ago, curlyjake said:

James are definitely headlining the BBC Music stage

Okay, disappointed in that. They're a good band, but there are others on the undercard I would have preferred to see headline. Wolf Alice would have done a great job, although I'll admit I'm looking forward to seeing them outside on the Obelisk

27 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

Are James really strong enough (or relevant enough) to headline the BBC Music Stage? Them + Solange seems to me to a pretty weak way to open the festival

I'm biased as James are probably my favourite band of the past 30 years but, yes, they are strong enough. Their last album got to number 2 in the charts - which is 15 places higher than Solange has ever reached! They sell out every gig they play in the 3,000 capacity area and always sell out Manchester Arena when they play (18,000 capacity). They played numerous headline gigs in forests etc in 2016/17 and, perhaps most importantly, they are awesome live - seen them 8 times!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cat Man said:

Have a feelin she played latitude recently, poss even last year?

Rae Morris did the Lake Stage. Not last year but either 2016 or 2015 (can't remember which)

Sigrid was in the woods at the I Arena last year. It was busy for her even then so if she returned she would definitely be on one of the two bigger stages. 

11 minutes ago, rseamer said:

Rae Morris did the Lake Stage. Not last year but either 2016 or 2015 (can't remember which)

2015 by the looks of it, can't find anything about her being there in 2016. Three years is a sizeable gap between festivals. She has also released one of the most acclaimed pop albums of the year so far (and probably one of the best by the end of 2018). Not too dissimilar to Christine and the Queens' success.

MHD - the French rapper - is at Lovebox on the Friday, I wonder if he would appear at Latitude. Would offer great variety to the line-up

59 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

Okay, disappointed in that. They're a good band, but there are others on the undercard I would have preferred to see headline. Wolf Alice would have done a great job, although I'll admit I'm looking forward to seeing them outside on the Obelisk

I think having James & Solange on at the same time makes more sense than Wolf Alice & Solange when you think about their possible fanbases.

52 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

I'm biased as James are probably my favourite band of the past 30 years but, yes, they are strong enough. Their last album got to number 2 in the charts - which is 15 places higher than Solange has ever reached! They sell out every gig they play in the 3,000 capacity area and always sell out Manchester Arena when they play (18,000 capacity). They played numerous headline gigs in forests etc in 2016/17 and, perhaps most importantly, they are awesome live - seen them 8 times!

THE tent was also packed to the rafters in 2014, in the daytime. I'm sure it will be again. 

I'm guessing I can't win this one as you sound like James' biggest fans but I have to stick by what I said. They're a very good band but given this used to be the 6music stage with all that stands for, I would have preferred Wolf Alice. Also, having two female headliners on the opening night would have been one helluva statement of intent from FR, though I suspect Wolf Alice   might have ended up being a bigger draw than Solange. BTW I'm not sure about the crossover between the fan bases of those two acts- personally I have no interest whatsoever in Solange, but am hugely impressed and a massive fan of WA.

• Like 1

Why do we have bands returning after such a short spell? Alt j and The Charlatans for example. I like both, but they just seem to be the easy option. Solange headlining? I give up.

Don't like The Killers, but they make sense for latitude at least. And Harry Hill, a comedy headliner. Yay. Ffs.

At least Idles (another return) are playing.

Generally, whoever is playing, I have a hoot, so whatever.

Ignore me.... I'm tipsy.

1 hour ago, retromoz said:

THE tent was also packed to the rafters in 2014, in the daytime. I'm sure it will be again. 

Indeed it was as was the first time I saw them and were so good i've seen them twice since. Definitely headliner for the tent. It also makes sense putting Wolf Alice outside as they will still probably draw a bigger crowd.

50 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

I'm guessing I can't win this one as you sound like James' biggest fans but I have to stick by what I said. They're a very good band but given this used to be the 6music stage with all that stands for, I would have preferred Wolf Alice. Also, having two female headliners on the opening night would have been one helluva statement of intent from FR, though I suspect Wolf Alice   might have ended up being a bigger draw than Solange. BTW I'm not sure about the crossover between the fan bases of those two acts- personally I have no interest whatsoever in Solange, but am hugely impressed and a massive fan of WA.

A friend of mine travels the globe for work and often goes to gigs in the cities he's working in, seeing around 50 acts or more every year. He saw Solange last year, knew absolutely nothing about her, and reckons she was the best act he saw in 2017, over and above much bigger names  (and he's a rock and indie fan). He has implored me to watch her. If she's up against James then there's no chance but, if not, I'll give her a go.