Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Could definitely see Solange headlining. Solange + The Killers + someone else?

I know that we don’t really have much to go off this year and they’re definitely changing things, but they’ve never before had 2 international headliners, always at least 2 of 3 British acts

5 minutes ago, evannn said:

I know that we don’t really have much to go off this year and they’re definitely changing things, but they’ve never before had 2 international headliners, always at least 2 of 3 British acts

I know this is going back quite a fair bit but just quickly checked and in 2009 both Nick Cave & TBS and Grace Jones headlined, and in 2008 both Interpol & Sigur Ros headlined, so I don't think that's the case.

Even if at least 2 headliners had been British every year I can't imagine it's a rule they'd strictly live by anyway. If two international acts that they wanted to headline were available I doubt they'd turn them down.

Not saying that there won't be at least 2 British headliners as usual, but I wouldn't say it's a 'rule' per say. I guess it comes down to numerous factors like cost etc too.

7 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

I hope they keep it as British as possible! Britain have the best in music and would be sad to see Latitude 'Americanised'

Be careful what you wish for - Bastille, Craig David, Paloma Faith,Coldplay, Lily Allen..........:sorry:

Music has no boundaries

2 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

Be careful what you wish for - Bastille, Craig David, Paloma Faith,Coldplay, Lily Allen..........:sorry:

Music has no boundaries

Yeah, but alt-J, The Vaccines, Courteeners. Jamie T, Passenger, and not to mention Arctic Monkeys! They could have held back a date for Latitude's plan to release their dates later (MONDAAAAAY!)

And hey, I happen to be a super-fan of Coldplay, would be over the fricken moon if they headlined :rofl: Highly unlikely, and before any comments, it's just what I like!

Plus, any thoughts on Radiohead, Nick Mulvey, Django Django or Wolf Alice?

• Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Yeah, but alt-J, The Vaccines, Courteeners. Jamie T, Passenger, and not to mention Arctic Monkeys! They could have held back a date for Latitude's plan to release their dates later (MONDAAAAAY!)

And hey, I happen to be a super-fan of Coldplay, would be over the fricken moon if they headlined :rofl: Highly unlikely, and before any comments, it's just what I like!

Plus, any thoughts on Radiohead, Nick Mulvey, Django Django or Wolf Alice?

Absolutely get where you're coming from from. If the headliners were Radiohead, Wolf Alice and the Courteeners I would be over the moon. But if the headliners were The Hives, Lana del Rey and the Distillers I would also be over the moon (Alas, of course neither of those things will happen). If the headliners were my own personal faves, the Kills, I wouldn't know what to think because of course Jamie Hince is British and Alison Mosshart, American....

I just hope we get some great acts.

Absolutely get where you're coming from from. If the headliners were Radiohead, Wolf Alice and the Courteeners I would be over the moon. But if the headliners were The Hives, Lana del Rey and the Distillers I would also be over the moon (Alas, of course neither of those things will happen). If the headliners were my own personal faves, the Kills, I wouldn't know what to think because of course Jamie Hince is British and Alison Mosshart, American....

I just hope we get some great acts.

Definitely! I am just hoping alt-J headline the last day (the only day their available after the date in Dour, Belgium on the Saturday. I have actually put all my hopes on them (Even though they've headlined two stages at Latitude before). It is my goal in life to see alt-J live! #WhateverItTakes 

That reminds me, how about Imagine Dragons?

39 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know this is going back quite a fair bit but just quickly checked and in 2009 both Nick Cave & TBS and Grace Jones headlined, and in 2008 both Interpol & Sigur Ros headlined, so I don't think that's the case.

Even if at least 2 headliners had been British every year I can't imagine it's a rule they'd strictly live by anyway. If two international acts that they wanted to headline were available I doubt they'd turn them down.

Not saying that there won't be at least 2 British headliners as usual, but I wouldn't say it's a 'rule' per say. I guess it comes down to numerous factors like cost etc too.

I suppose in hindsight I was thinking “not generally”, when I said never. It’s probably not a hard and fast rule, but my thinking is that when you get to headline size acts, it’s cheaper to get British ones due to extra travel etc

6 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Definitely! I am just hoping alt-J headline the last day (the only day their available after the date in Dour, Belgium on the Saturday. I have actually put all my hopes on them (Even though they've headlined two stages at Latitude before). It is my goal in life to see alt-J live! #WhateverItTakes 

That reminds me, how about Imagine Dragons?

You know what, I hope they're active elsewhere 'cause I can actually see that happening!

With regard to alt-J, i'd be surprised if they headlined again so soon after 2015.

You know what, I hope they're active elsewhere 'cause I can actually see that happening!

With regard to alt-J, i'd be surprised if they headlined again so soon after 2015.

I remember last year at Big Weekend Hull, and they were there then. They are ok live. not headline material just yet, but seeing them live is quite good. If it does come to them being there, I would seriously try it out, even if your not into it in the first song, pretty worth a try

22 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I reckon the headliners will be Solange, The Killers and Snow Patrol, unless any more info comes out before Monday.

I really can't call it this year. I know Festival Republic made a big thing at the end of 2017 about pushing female acts this festival season, which was great to hear, so I'd be really surprised if we didn't see one out Solange, Lana del Rey, Florence or Paloma Faith headline the Obelisk, with maybe Wolf Alice as an outside bet. After that I think its anyone's guess.

5 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

I remember last year at Big Weekend Hull, and they were there then. They are ok live. not headline material just yet, but seeing them live is quite good. If it does come to them being there, I would seriously try it out, even if your not into it in the first song, pretty worth a try

Not really my thing I'm afraid although they do know how to work a festival crowd, I'll give them that. And I really can see them headlining the Obelisk, especially if there's one of those spectacular Suffolk sunsets as a backdrop.......

8 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

I really can't call it this year. I know Festival Republic made a big thing at the end of 2017 about pushing female acts this festival season, which was great to hear, so I'd be really surprised if we didn't see one out Solange, Lana del Rey, Florence or Paloma Faith headline the Obelisk, with maybe Wolf Alice as an outside bet. After that I think its anyone's guess.

Hell, if Florence & The Machine are there, I'm going to be over the moon! Paloma Faith being there though, I'll just head to ANY other tent!

Edited by WMWMOfficial
There, not their

I think that bringing back another DJ like Fatboy Slim would be a GREAT decision too! Gutted I couldn't see Fatboy Slim last year. Hope someone like Massive Attack or The Chemical Brothers are the equivalent this year!

Edited by WMWMOfficial

4 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

NOOOOO THAAAANKKKKKK YOOOUUUU! Way too busy for me there :rofl::rofl: I prefer Latitude 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

Calm down, my friend, you're gonna burn out before Monday, let alone July! :D

3 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

Calm down, my friend, you're gonna burn out before Monday, let alone July! :D

Just excited to hear the Latitude line-up Monday now that it was announced today! Plus I gotta get some tickets to that Biggest Weekend in Swansea too - living in Swansea is a vantage point for that xD

54 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

I'm seeing them in a few weeks. I won tickets to see them as part of the Brits war child week  ;)

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Cat Man said:

I've got a weird feeling about this - Latitude line-up coming earlier than usual, plus big shift in acts at Longitude, plus I'm sure Reading & Leeds have usually announced at least one headliner by now? Can't shake the thought that Uncle Melvin's going to surprise us somehow (as long as its not another GOTR takeover)...

Just got an email that says Latitude's back with a 'brand new look'. Why have I got a sick feeling in my stomach.......

31 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

Just got an email that says Latitude's back with a 'brand new look'. Why have I got a sick feeling in my stomach.......

Yes, but it also says that over 100 of the best acts! We need to be positive soldier!

Latitude Email.jpg

Ads by Kiosked

Edited by WMWMOfficial