Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

39 minutes ago, retromoz said:

You know what? You were absolutely right. I should not have expressed an opinion of someone I had never heard. It is a silly thing to do, and I apologise for doing so. 

I have now listened to Ben Howard. And......i refer to my previous opinion. Fuck me, he's the aural equivalent of raw tofu. So mind numbingly dull, I think a brain cell decided to strangle itself so it didn't have to process the dull. 

So....he's a shoo in for headliner. 

giphy (4).gif

3 hours ago, retromoz said:

You know what? You were absolutely right. I should not have expressed an opinion of someone I had never heard. It is a silly thing to do, and I apologise for doing so. 

I have now listened to Ben Howard. And......i refer to my previous opinion. Fuck me, he's the aural equivalent of raw tofu. So mind numbingly dull, I think a brain cell decided to strangle itself so it didn't have to process the dull. 

So....he's a shoo in for headliner. 

Glad you listened to the advice :lol:

I think your lack of optimism for the festival means you should probably go elsewhere

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, CRW5252 said:

Glad you listened to the advice :lol:

I think your lack of optimism for the festival means you should probably go elsewhere

I cant. I love(d) the 'tude. My thinking is......if I expect a dire line up, I will be pleasantly surprised when the initial announcement isnt as shitty as I thought it would be?!?

Course.....that did not work last year at all. Thing is.....after last year, I have MASSIVE apprehension as to wether to give them another 400 plus pounds quid. However.....we now have a wee bairn. And the family area is still top notch. I REALLY dont wanna be going to a festival purely for the kids area......But, with Mrs Retromoz's wish, I may well be.

Sorry to all for moaning.

5 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

Any of the folliwng please Melvin:

Kills, Hives, BRMC, Bully, Frank Carter, Breeders, Wolf Alice, MBV, Deap Vally, Distillers (very long shot, hey, but we can dream...)! :rofl:

Most of these that you mention are viable for the festival. Hoping for many of them myself but am preparing for disappointment haha!

24 minutes ago, gregory said:

Image may contain: plant, flower, outdoor, nature and text

I could probably name you about three songs from the entirety of that list. Any crossover to Latitude would be lost on me! I really fear that Solange will also headline Latitude which would be an incredible disappointment based on some of the names that have been floating around (unless she plays Friday and The Flaming Lips are in the tent).

10 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

Most of these that you mention are viable for the festival. Hoping for many of them myself but am preparing for disappointment haha!

Always, but if we got two from that list I'd be pretty happy.

That Longitude line-up is the best line-up I've seen in 2018 personally. Travis Scott, Solange, Migos, .Paak and Sampha are great bookings - the last two could easily feature at Latitude.

Getting Tyler, The Creator is the festival booking of the year. Considering he is still banned from the UK, people will flock to see him from all over the country.

Other Latitude-esque acts include The Internet, Ibeyi, Khalid, Mabel, Kali Uchis and potentially Princess Nokia

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

This is sort of off topic but... are Latitude and Reading/Leeds the only  notable UK festivals left to announce? Obviously others haven't revealed their entire lineups yet, but I just mean ones which haven't revealed anything yet.

Honestly I'm quite disappointed with UK festivals this year. There's a few I want to do in Europe but I can't :(

Latitude & Reading/Leeds may release on the same day, as they are run by same group, Festival Republic. HOPEFULLY, TONIGHT, tomorrow or next week!

4 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

Latitude & Reading/Leeds may release on the same day, as they are run by same group, Festival Republic. HOPEFULLY, TONIGHT, tomorrow or next week!

They're both run by Festival Republic but I don't reckon both the line ups will be released on the same day, doesn't really make much sense from a marketing perspective. My guess is this Monday coming for R and L and the following Monday for Latitude.

Edited by suttttttt

5 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

very unlikely they'll announce on the same day, when they can get twice the publicity by doing them separately.

Very unlikely tonight or over the weekend.

I would think Solange a second stage headliner at Latitude.

The Longitude and Latitude brands have clearly diverged now. Can’t see them continuing sharing a headliner. It’s weird now that Longitude seems to be a hybrid of Lovebox and Wireless - both under the same umbrella as Longitude - but it’s Latitude that it shares its image with.

I've got a weird feeling about this - Latitude line-up coming earlier than usual, plus big shift in acts at Longitude, plus I'm sure Reading & Leeds have usually announced at least one headliner by now? Can't shake the thought that Uncle Melvin's going to surprise us somehow (as long as its not another GOTR takeover)...

51 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

This is sort of off topic but... are Latitude and Reading/Leeds the only  notable UK festivals left to announce? Obviously others haven't revealed their entire lineups yet, but I just mean ones which haven't revealed anything yet.

Honestly I'm quite disappointed with UK festivals this year. There's a few I want to do in Europe but I can't :(

If whatever comes out of the ashes of V Festival is still going to happen, that hasn't announced yet either.

Not sure which of these you'd consider major, but Festival No 6, Wilderness, Nozstock, WOMAD, Beautiful Days and Shambala haven't announced anything (WOMAD and BDs won't be announcing until early March, and Shambala probably later than that).

And while they're outside of the UK, Electric Picnic and All Together Now haven't dropped any names yet.