Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

22 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Btw none of Snow Patrol, Ben Howard, Florence and the Machine or CHVRCHES can play Friday. I was trying to pick three of those as the headliners but there must be someone else on the Friday.

Jack White also can't play Friday who has been suggested a few times.

If they're not announced for something tomorrow, I'd be inking Bastille into that Friday headline slot.

3 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

There's no way they'd go with three male headliners again this year. At least one will be female or FR will look extremely stupid. Still can't see Ben Howard being viewed as a big enough act to headline.

Still reckon it'll be Bastille, Lana Del Rey and Nine Inch Nails - those last two just to serve me right at guffawing at the potential headliners and egging on the bad ones.

4 minutes ago, sedra said:

Has anyone any idea of when the line up is being released? Need to book leave but not prepared to buy tickets unless it’s a good line up - too far to go if it’s rubbish! 

Next month. It's pretty much always March.

Just now, the wonderwhy said:

Could Underworld headline? 

I doubt it.

2 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

That would be an inspired booking & an unusual choice for Latitude. Can't see it myself.

Probably. And Reznor and Benn weren't on best terms last time out. It's just there's no NIN appearance in UK and I'd have expected a standalone show or two by now if they weren't bagsied by some festival.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Probably. And Reznor and Benn weren't on best terms last time out. It's just there's no NIN appearance in UK and I'd have expected a standalone show or two by now if they weren't bagsied by some festival.

Yeah its an odd one. They're drip feeding the EU dates though - announced an arena gig in Amsterdam today - so maybe that's just how they're doing it 

I will reiterate something I've been saying for a while, there's still a lot to be announced across Europe, especially for festivals in late June/ July. 

Super Bock Super Rock 

BBK

Benicasim 

Eurockeennes

Down the Rabbit hole

Las Deferlantes

Volt Festival 

In Music

Cruilla 

Musilac

Most with big slots to fill, all have lots of room on their line-up.

The line-up could be: 

Wolf Alice 

Moby 

Ben Howard (I personally think Ben will sub, but I thought Fleet Foxes would headline 6music)

13 minutes ago, MT21 said:

Haha I'm not that confident

Think you've just saved yourself £20. Can't imagine your average Joules wearing Latitude-goer singing along to Wish:

I'm the one without a soul I'm the one with this big f*****g hole
No new tale to tell twenty-six years on my way to hell
Gotta listen to your big time hard line bad luck fist f**k

Not exactly First Aid Kit.

Edited by swelsbyuk

2 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

Think you've just saved yourself £20. Can't imagine your average Joules wearing Latitude-goer singing along to Wish:

Huh they said it was going to be Bastille, Ben Howard and Snow Patrol. Not Nine Inch Nails.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Huh they said it was going to be Bastille, Ben Howard and Snow Patrol. Not Nine Inch Nails.

You're right. My bad. I can deffo see Bastille and Snow Patrol playing as headliner but just can't imagine three male headliners and one being Ben Howard.

7 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

:dontknow: They were happy for alt-J going around sticking brooms in people.