Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ben Howard’s live return has been announced. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays a part in Global’s glut of announcements this week.

Thinking on, I think we must be past the days where he’d have been a headliner here so wouldn’t worry.

Ben Howard could comfortably headline Latitude

29 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Ben Howard’s live return has been announced. Although I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays a part in Global’s glut of announcements this week.

Thinking on, I think we must be past the days where he’d have been a headliner here so wouldn’t worry.

He was playing to near full arenas the last time he toured and while his second album didn't have any hits, I don't think he's dropped off so much that he wouldn't headline Latitude. Seems like an obvious booking since he's around.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

He was playing to near full arenas the last time he toured and while his second album didn't have any hits, I don't think he's dropped off so much that he wouldn't headline Latitude. Seems like an obvious booking since he's around.

I think he's now a VERY likely contender 

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

A long time ago though. His fans have already moved on to George Ezra and Rag’n’Bone Man since haven’t they? He might be able to but I don’t think it’s as clear cut as you guys do, evidently.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

A long time ago though. His fans have already moved on to George Ezra and Rag’n’Bone Man since haven’t they? He might be able to but I don’t think it’s as clear cut as you guys do, evidently.

Yeah you could well be right, though that tour was only three years ago. I find it hard to judge since I'm in the minority of liking his second album but not his first, certainly when I saw him on that tour no one was arsed about any of the new songs so I guess that lends itself to the idea of his fans having moved on. I still think he'd headline though, even if he has dropped off a bit I still think he'll be a bigger deal than Fleet Foxes.

9 minutes ago, swelsbyuk said:

imho Ben Howard is big enough to headline the tent but nowhere near big enough to headline the main stage.

I think it's the fact that people have been waiting 4 years for him to return with new music. If he's an exclusive he'll shift a lot of tickets 

27 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Yeah you could well be right, though that tour was only three years ago. I find it hard to judge since I'm in the minority of liking his second album but not his first, certainly when I saw him on that tour no one was arsed about any of the new songs so I guess that lends itself to the idea of his fans having moved on. I still think he'd headline though, even if he has dropped off a bit I still think he'll be a bigger deal than Fleet Foxes.

I got the impression the second was less well received by the radio 1 crowd, but better by the critics. Definitely think he’s headline worthy, if he wants to play a mix of both (thus annoy most people a bit)