Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

43 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Splendour announcement in the morning. Looking quite likely it might be Paloma Faith announced, which would rule out another headliner for Latitude probably

I still don't think it will be her. She's only performing at the arena in March which took a while to sell out. Why have her in the same city only a few months later?

3 minutes ago, moams said:

I still don't think it will be her. She's only performing at the arena in March which took a while to sell out. Why have her in the same city only a few months later?

TBH I posted this just before your message about her playing notts in the other thread :P

• Like 1

On 15/12/2017 at 12:05 AM, Hawky said:

Ruled out

The Xx

The National

Gorillaz

Lcd

Nick Cave

Qotsa

Massive Attack (Eden)

Franz Ferdinand (Nos, Musilac & Mad Cool)

Depeche Mode (Playing Musilac and Nos, leave one day between gigs)

The Cure

Clapton

Roger Waters

Bjork

Portugal, the man (Nos, Mad Cool & Barcelona)

CATB

Unlikely

Kasabian (gig in Thetford Forest)

Future Islands (Mad Cool & Nos)

David Byrne (Bilbao BBK, Cruilla)

Nils Frahm (Cactus, Dour)

The Eagles (touring America)

Snow Patrol (NOS and Mad cool)

Jack White (NOS, Mad Cool and own UK dates)

MGMT (NOS & Mad Cool)

Eels (Mad Cool, NOS and Austria on the 16th)

Sampha (Mad Cool & NOS)

Mogwai (2 festival in Belgium, one of the Friday and one on the Sunday)

Mura Masa (fest in belgium on the 13th, Germany 15th)

Madness (own show in East Anglia in July. 

First Aid Kit (headlining Cambridge folk fest)

Oh Wonder (In America)

Arcade Fire (In America)

The war on drugs (In America)

Courtney Barnett (In America)

Modest Mouse (In America)

Flaming Lips/ Chemical Brothers (Bluedot)

Robert plant (headlining elsewhere)

Manic Street Preachers (headlining Penn, with which latitude shared 0 acts last year)

Possibility

Tame Impala (although I don't think theyll take a slot in the light)

Neil Young (Band member confirmed he's touring in 2018)

Alanis Morissette (not a headliner, but playing Tinderbox)

Biffy Clyro (2 new albums in 2018)

Moby (new album...)

Blossoms (new album)

Chvrches 

Wolf Alice  

My Bloody Valentine (new album plus active)

BRMC (Mad cool)

Action Bronson/ Protoje? (Festival branched out a lot more last year line-up wise...)

Daphni (playing Dour, Sunrise stage headliner?)

Fever Ray (Melt Festival)

The Internet (Melt festival)

Anderson Paak (Rock Wertcher)

London Grammar

Jamiroquai (France on the 12th, Germany on the 18th)

The Breeders (UK dates 10th - 13th July)

Texas (In France a week before)

Beth Ditto (France on the 13th, next date 18th)

James (Bilbao BBK)

Slaves (Exit festival)

FATM (Melt)

Rodriquez (in Europe)

St Vincent/ Yeah Yeah Yeahs/ (active, surely the APE does not rule them out of all festival)

Sean Lock (announced for camp bestival)

Paul McCartney? (Expected to do UK shows in 2018)

Vampire Weekend? (New album TBA)

The Distillers 

Thom Yorke 

**UPDATED**

Still a lot of acts to be announced (inc headliners) for a lot of European festivals. There is still hope.

Edited by Hawky
  • Upvote 2

I know I've been going on about this one for ages, but alt-J are still a possibility! Obviously not for the Friday or Saturday, but they haven't got anything planned for the Sunday (yet) and no other festivals or concerts for them start until the 27th of July. No matter what anyone says, I still have a gut feeling something will happen with these legends and Latitude 2018. IF not, then definitely 2019!

19 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

I know I've been going on about this one for ages, but alt-J are still a possibility! Obviously not for the Friday or Saturday, but they haven't got anything planned for the Sunday (yet) and no other festivals or concerts for them start until the 27th of July. No matter what anyone says, I still have a gut feeling something will happen with these legends and Latitude 2018. IF not, then definitely 2019!

I think you could be right, their 3rd album was fairly disappointing so has probably ruined any chance of moving up the Reading billing to co-headliners, but they'd still be a good draw as a latitude headliner

32 minutes ago, WMWMOfficial said:

10 minutes ago, Peanut butter vibes said:

I think you could be right, their 3rd album was fairly disappointing so has probably ruined any chance of moving up the Reading billing to co-headliners, but they'd still be a good draw as a latitude headliner

Do you a think a Festival, that has only had one repeat headliner since inception, would drag up a headliner from 2015 to headline again, even though Alt J stock has massively declined in the last year or So?

I can't see I personally, I think Alt J are far more likely for day festivals / city festivals/ Tramlines etc

7 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Do you a think a Festival, that has only had one repeat headliner since inception, would drag up a headliner from 2015 to headline again, even though Alt J stock has massively declined in the last year or So?

I can't see I personally, I think Alt J are far more likely for day festivals / city festivals/ Tramlines etc

Oh not gonna lie I completely forgot they played in 2015. Ignore what I said.

I think it is very likely for Nick Mulvey and Django Django to attend Latitude 2018. Nick Mulvey's 'Wake Up Now' was released in 2017, and Django Django released 'Marble Skies' the Friday just gone, I think without a doubt they will be on either 'The Lake Stage' or the 'BBC Radio 6 Music Stage'. MAYBE, at a push, 'The Main Stage'. Rightfully, they should be with such good music!