Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

1 hour ago, evannn said:

They were good, weren’t they. Who/what else did you see, out of interest?

Yes I quite liked them, the others were the coral, the Devine comedy, and Mumford and his sons, only went to M &S out of curiosity and lasted 4 songs before sacking it. I probably would have seen more but latitude was my 4th festival in 5 weeks and I’d pretty much had enough of music, spent most of the weekend in the speakeasy and comedy tent.

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

Yes I quite liked them, the others were the coral, the Devine comedy, and Mumford and his sons, only went to M &S out of curiosity and lasted 4 songs before sacking it. I probably would have seen more but latitude was my 4th festival in 5 weeks and I’d pretty much had enough of music, spent most of the weekend in the speakeasy and comedy tent.

More bands, certainly not more of Mumford tosh.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

Ok, I saw none of those except FF. reports from my friends that mumfords were less shite than expected (but that still leaves a lot of scope) but I was watching Dave who smashed it. I think Simon Amstell was the only comedian I saw this year, most of them I’d seen at previous latitudes and wasn’t that fussed about seeing again 

1 hour ago, MT21 said:

Surely they're as big as the Maccabees? 

On their last album cycle, The Maccabees did three sold-out nights at Brixton (15,000 total) while The Vaccines are doing Ally Pally (10,000) and haven't sold that out yet. Also them subbing TDCC at Community certainly wouldn't reflect well on Latitude having them as a headliner, especially as TDCC weren't even headliners last year at Latitude. The Vaccines are big but not quite Latitude headliner-big yet

1 hour ago, MT21 said:

Surely they're as big as the Maccabees? 

Maybe it’s my age, but it seemed to me that the vaccines’ popularity peaked somewhere between their first two albums. I can’t see them playing any higher than they did last time (headlining the tent)

18 hours ago, WMWMOfficial said:

And oh my gosh, Justice and The Chemical Brothers have a MIGHTY chance of being there! I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if they were announced! That would be a godsend to have either of them at Latitude Festival!

Chemical Brothers likely to be headlining bluedot (just seen it on bluedot thread), so guess it’s unlikely they’ll be at latitude as well....

new James Blake - If the Car Beside You Moves Ahead

That’s the third new track from him in recent weeks, including a cover and a live unreleased track, so hoping there’s a new album on its way

Edited by evannn
Hopefully this link works

its a little bit annoying isnt it...??

i remember being the other side of the lake just heading up into the woods in 2015 when he was on before Portishead...

Retrograde came floating over on the breeze... very haunting tune... i did wonder if the rest of his set was any good..

now, Portishead... There's a fecking headliner.!!

4 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

its a little bit annoying isnt it...??

i remember being the other side of the lake just heading up into the woods in 2015 when he was on before Portishead...

Retrograde came floating over on the breeze... very haunting tune... i did wonder if the rest of his set was any good..

now, Portishead... There's a fecking headliner.!!

He bored the life out of me in 2015 

Although he would make for a fairly underwhelming headliner, I saw him in London last year and his live show was technically amazing - his band is one of the most tight, impressive bands I've seen. Still think that he'd make for a dull headliner but Field Day had him a couple years back so it is possible

1 hour ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Although he would make for a fairly underwhelming headliner, I saw him in London last year and his live show was technically amazing - his band is one of the most tight, impressive bands I've seen. Still think that he'd make for a dull headliner but Field Day had him a couple years back so it is possible

Agree that it’s technically amazing but must be said that his show bored the shit out of me. It is the closest I got to leaving a show early.