Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

45 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Are Blossoms really that big? I've seen them three times now, including Glastonbury this year, and I do really like their material. But compared to CHVRCHES, Catfish and The 1975, they are very small.

CHVRCHES sold out Alexandra Palace on their last album, Catfish played Wembley Arena and The 1975 sold out The O2 twice. Blossoms most recently played the Roundhouse on their last headline gig which is only 1,700-capacity compared to 2 nights at a 20,000-capacity venue.

I would love for them to materialise on the line-up as I like their debut, but not headline-worthy quite yet imo

Admittedly, Blossoms haven't sold out the o2 and their shows in comparison to Alt j/ 1975 are smaller, however 1975 headlined o2 off the back of their second album, as did Alt J and their Latitude headline performances  followed the year after.(Fleet Foxes headlined Latitude and they couldn't sell 2nights out at Brixton Academy, so I dont think previous shows always fully reflect festival slots, anyway)

After 1 album, Blossoms played 3rd Down main stage at Leeds and Reading, they were the main support for Stone Roses at Wembley stadium and they sold out Castlefield Bowl. Next year they've got a 2nd album coming out and this will do nothing other than take them up another level.

Blossoms have the capacity to have a massive year in 2018 and with no Glastonbury, and with Blossoms performing at both Bestival and LnR this year, where else would be a step up for them? 

25 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Admittedly, Blossoms haven't sold out the o2 and their shows in comparison to Alt j/ 1975 are smaller, however 1975 headlined o2 off the back of their second album, as did Alt J and their Latitude headline performances  followed the year after.(Fleet Foxes headlined Latitude and they couldn't sell 2nights out at Brixton Academy, so I dont think previous shows always fully reflect festival slots, anyway)

After 1 album, Blossoms played 3rd Down main stage at Leeds and Reading, they were the main support for Stone Roses at Wembley stadium and they sold out Castlefield Bowl. Next year they've got a 2nd album coming out and this will do nothing other than take them up another level.

Blossoms have the capacity to have a massive year in 2018 and with no Glastonbury, and with Blossoms performing at both Bestival and LnR this year, where else would be a step up for them? 

Think they'd be more likely to do it the following year if they show in 2018 that they can sell out those type of venues.

Can't see past Catfish and/or CHVRCHES stepping up to Latitude headliners in 2018.

44 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Think they'd be more likely to do it the following year if they show in 2018 that they can sell out those type of venues.

Can't see past Catfish and/or CHVRCHES stepping up to Latitude headliners in 2018.

I think Catfish might pop to America in July to do pitchfork / FYF following their recent American shows then come back for Leeds, but we'll see.

13 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Catfish and the Bottlemen playing Pitchfork Music Festival would be like Protomartyr playing the Capital FM Summertime Ball.

Admittedly Pitchfork was a stretch but its the only other one i could think of around the time of latitude. Might as well have said Rock Fest :lol:

Forecastle, that's another. 

• 2 weeks later...

Jack White announced for Gov Ball in America same weekend as All Points East  so looking unlikely for that now (if he does play a European festival the same weekend it'll probably be Primavera anyway as he's actually been rumoured for that). Sounds like he may be in Europe mid-July for Mad Cool so could again be an option for Latitude.

55 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Also, I'm finding it really difficult to use this site at the minute on my phone. Sorry Neil!

Screenshot_20180111-185306.png

Screenshot_20180111-185215.png

Screenshot_20180111-185511.png

Yep, I'm getting these non-stop @eFestivals. Normally get them within short periods, too. For instance there'll be half an hour where every time I open a thread they come up, and then there'll be other periods where they don't pop up at all.

49 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yep, I'm getting these non-stop @eFestivals. Normally get them within short periods, too. For instance there'll be half an hour where every time I open a thread they come up, and then there'll be other periods where they don't pop up at all.

Yeah, exactly the same for me. I had to give up earlier because all sorts popped and on mobile only way around it is to close the app and reopen.

11 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

My apologies.

I've been kicking the ad-house daily since the new year about these, and have just sent them a shouty-very-annoyed email about it, because yesterday they were trying to claim the problem was sorted.

I hope it'll get sorted today. I've told them if they can't find the instances to turn everything off.

I'm hoping Fever ray, Parcels and Superorganism all turn up. 

So far, they all only have one date over latitude weekend and it would be 3 solid bookings.

I also think Fickle Friends will play here this year. 

I'll do the rumour round up thing at the end of Jan, and the end of Feb. :)

Edit: Forecastle seem to release clues so people can guess who's playing, say far they've guessed:

1#: Courtney Barnett

#2: T-Pain

#3: Lucero

#4: White Reaper

#5: Vic Mensa

#6: Oh Wonder

#7: NF

#8: Modest Mouse

Edited by Hawky

On 14/12/2017 at 2:25 PM, Hawky said:

There's barely any crossover acts between Latitude and Mad Cool/Nos Alive. 

Nos alive: Fleet foxes/ Glass Animals

Mad cool: none?

Nos Alive: FJM / Soulwax / Grimes

Mad Cool: Lapsley  

Also,  if they're at both in 18, theyre not at Latitude

18 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

Snow Patrol just confirmed for NOS Alive in July. Its gonna be them isn't it? :(

Edited by Hawky

@Hawky Not convinced that Snow Patrol wont be at Latitude. They're in Spain/Portugal on the 12th (Thursday) and 13th (Friday) at NOS and Mad Cool respectively, gives them plenty of time to get back and play the Sunday. Would be a bit of a boring choice mind and are they actually big enough to headline anymore?

Really hoping we get Jack White as one of the headliners.

Edited by suttttttt