Latitude 2018

funky squaredance

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Alt-J over Kraftwerk, are you crackers my man?

a lot of people do say that..... including my family (and not just about Kraftwerk).

i am old enough to think that Kraftwerk were fecking annoying first time round, i didnt at the time want to be standing in the middle of a field stroking my (rubbish) beard saying "this lot invented electronic music you know.."

granted, i understand that they were great... however, you pays your money and takes your choice... and i have seen Alt-J about 4 times since and always said "they were fantastic at Latitude in 2013".

I dont regret my choice that particularly night. However, put the 2 in front of me again and i would go see Kraftwerk. Alt-J peaked on Saturday 20th July 2013.

Catfish and the Bottlemen// Everything Everything//  King Gizzard and the Wizard Lizard// Rat Boy// Sundara Karma// Clean Cut Kid

Arcade Fire// Soulwax// Daughter// Sampha// Jain// Blaenevon 

LCD Soudsystem// Lorde (special guest) //Hot Chip// Charles Bradley// Clean Bandit// Mr Jukes//

On 16/09/2017 at 11:32 AM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Alt-J over Kraftwerk, are you crackers my man?

God, that was a weird evening. I got a little too bonkers and couldn't handle the threedee, so ended up having a lovely half sat down boogie in the woods to Purity Ring.

On 16/09/2017 at 10:33 AM, BlueDaze said:

Same year, Alt-J in the BBC 6 Music tent was immense... probably peaked right there.

Another one who did this. Started watching Kraftwerk. Got bored. Went off to see Alt J, who were IMMENSE! Since thewn, they have gone right off the boil. But, in that tent, in 2013, it was spectacular.

9 hours ago, Tuna said:

God, that was a weird evening. I got a little too bonkers and couldn't handle the threedee, so ended up having a lovely half sat down boogie in the woods to Purity Ring.

tbh, it was hard for me to miss Veronica Falls (RIP) and Purity Ring. Still haven't managed to see Purity Ring live, Shrines is one of my favourite albums of the 2010s.

1 hour ago, James96 said:

If MBV come through with this new material for 2018, I'd love to see them at Latitude. They could easily headline I reckon.

Naw not nowadays. On their last trot out, they headlined FN6 to a modest crowd, the Transmissions Stage at TITP to a couple of hundred people and were also announced to headline Hop Farm which was obviously an error in judgement as it was cancelled not long after that announcement. They'd be a BBC Music Stage headliner, a small one at that but can't really see em going anywhere else.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Naw not nowadays. On their last trot out, they headlined FN6 to a modest crowd, the Transmissions Stage at TITP to a couple of hundred people and were also announced to headline Hop Farm which was obviously an error in judgement as it was cancelled not long after that announcement. They'd be a BBC Music Stage headliner, a small one at that but can't really see em going anywhere else.

Ah fair enough, just my own personal bias coming into account! 

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

tbh, it was hard for me to miss Veronica Falls (RIP) and Purity Ring. Still haven't managed to see Purity Ring live, Shrines is one of my favourite albums of the 2010s.

Yeah those Shrines era shows were amazing. Still solid these days except the tunes don't bang as hard. 

1 hour ago, funky squaredance said:

Throwing Christine and the Queens into the mix. If new album out will be high up on main stage. Highlight of 2016. 

True enough.. 6 Music tent was perfect for them..  2016s performance was a very emotional affair, being straight after the atrocities in Nice and the crowd really showed their love and support.. they were also riding a summer wave of originality/novelty at every festival, deservedly so...

I think they would need a couple of big new tunes to stir the late afternoon Obelisk crowd though..