Someoni

14 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Then all a sudden I was heartbroken again. Two years until the next one. Such a special year, for such a special festival.

THIS - every time I hear anything by any of the bands that were on this year, was round at a mates yesterday and they had a random spotify playlist on and "We are your friends" came on..

Think they were thinking I was having some form of breakdown by the look on my face and how quiet I went.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if Glastonbury related or just coincidence that I'm a right miserable cow at the moment. Thought holiday straight after would banish the blues but possibly just delayed it. Have had a virus but been crying at most stupid things - Dr who yesterday :huh:! Had said would be last year anyway but knowing couldn't go next year even if changed my mind seems to make it worse. Was thinking about trying a different festival next year, but these last couple of weeks of cock ups putting me off.

2 minutes ago, Adystar said:

Is there any camping allowed at the farm at all? Was thinking we could all meet up there next year and have our own mini fest 

Pretty sure it wouldn't be allowed.

I'd be well up for a day meet though....dogs and kids....nice walk, few photos around the site...a beer in the pub down the road....that sort of thing.

I went down to the site today for a walk around.  It was wonderful and brought back some lovely memories of what seems like an age ago.  The site looked great today in the sunshine, came in via muddy lane to Williams Green, went along the railway track, then wandered up to the stone circle for lunch and 

and then went into the pyramid.  Interesting to see the view from another perspective.  

There were a few groups wandering around today with cameras re-living the dream.  Would definitely recommend it to anyone Took a few snaps...

IMG_5763.thumb.jpg.d22ea546c1745449ab3d8f7833cf0639.jpg

IMG_5776.thumb.jpg.c08aa693d9171d8b91b7d462bf9ff335.jpg

IMG_5784.thumb.jpg.2e74f849609be8f3be5c4e5c1f4f90b5.jpg

Edited by buddiepaul

Went to the extravaganza and in the camping they had glasto bins, some long drops and ME popped in for a while, it really was like a mini fix and felt so familiar.

Climbed upto the TOR so that's now been ticked off the list - the only disappointment was that I was expecting to see the pyramid standing out clearly in the distance but wasn't even sure what I thought was it, really was it.

Would have liked to have stopped for a walk around the site too before we headed home but maybe next time

On 8/2/2017 at 5:15 AM, fernandomassuy said:

My first Glasto at 26, I live abroad in Brazil and Glastonbury has already been one of my dreams.

Saving money to come back in 2019 or 2020 is one of my priorities in life

God, I miss Brazil. Joining you on the saving efforts to go back soon. 

I'm already planning a trip to the farm for my birthday in June next year maybe it s a bit early :) gonna do it on the sat of Glastonbury weekend was discussing it over a pint this evening :)

see you all there :)

Think I'm even gonna wear my fancy dress :)

Edited by crazyfool1

I'm glad it's not just me. I finally removed my festival band yesterday and then found myself spending several hours watching many of the Glastonbury 2017 vlogs on youtube which bought it all back, especially when showing a set I went to see.

It was Glasto number 6 and after 2016 which I found difficult and wondered if the magic was fading, 2017 was as brilliant as it had ever been, which makes it harder to get over. Spent this evening looking at this years remaining festivals, tickets and dates to see if we can get to one. It won't be Glastonbury but I need some kind of festival 'lift'.

Definitely got post Glastonbury blues all over again, and as has been pointed out, feels worse because there isn't one next year. No ticket day in a couple of months time to get anxious about. :(

On 05/08/2017 at 10:17 PM, Charm said:

Found myself watching videos of this year, made me happy cry a bit, think this one is wonderful. 

Charm x

I've had a browser tab open with "brass rave unit" in the search field since I came back from the fest. Perfect example of the 'just passing a tent, hang on what's going on in there moment'. 

Every time I hear certain bands I'm getting crazy emotions. It's utterly astounding the effect 5/6 days in a field can have. Where I live, I'm surrounded by fields and mountains, farms, no pyramid stage though, guess it shows how much difference 200000 people with a positive mindset can make

12 minutes ago, John_P said:

I'd just like the t shirts I ordered to turn up, has anyone gotten them yet?

I ordered a Park t-shirt and it took a few weeks, all seemed a bit slow so I got in touch with Sandbag who told me they'd just received them. Still didn't arrive so I got in touch with Glasto, they said it was on its way. Arrived next day.

This year I've suffered serious post-Glasto blues. I've avoided all things festival related - and haven't really spoken much about it. I think usually - there's something that wasn't overly great about the festival. Last years festival it was the traffic and mud. This year there was nothing to moan about, everything was perfect. Lovely weather, amazing bands (I love both Radiohead and Foo Fighters) company was great, everyone I spoke to was in high spirits. Can't believe the next one isn't till 2019! I am liking that I'm not worried about getting tickets.  I've even avoided the forum so much that the design is different compared to the last time I was here!!

I think this year made everyone forget their normal world outside the fence even more, relaxed into the festival and feel happy. 

I've only been to 6 previous festivals, so wouldn't call myself a hardcore Glastonbury goer but this was my favourite out of them all!

It's worked out well. Getting married next year so could do with saving money. Some close friends are getting wed on what would've been, Glastonbury weekend. Almost like fate set that up for us!

I've been looking at the webcam with the undressing of the Pyramid. You just think that only a couple of months ago that all the joy and amazing times, happy people,the amount of wonderful festival goers were in those fields having the time of their lives, it just seems like it never happened. I feel so down when i think of no festival next year.I look at those fields and tears are ready to drop..what a year 2017 was, it was magical. I just keep thinking that only a few months of this year left....in January we can say 'tickets will be on sale this year'.

My God Glastonbury 2017 i miss you.

Hi all newbie to this forum after lurking for a few years. Never thought I could miss a place as much as I miss Glastonbury. :(  Only been going the last 2 years but it really does feel like home so never had to experience a fallow year. Was feeling very down for about a month or 2 after as myself and 2 daughters had an amazing time. That's when I thought to myself just under 2 years ago I'd never even been to Glastonbury. October 2015 I was lucky enough to get tickets for the 2016 festival. That time has gone so quickly it doesn't seem like 2 years since experiencing the excitement of getting tickets at the first time of trying. Believe me, 2019 will be around far quicker than you think, let's hope we are all lucky in our quest for tickets for the most amazing place on earth. :)