Festival cancelled due to mud

The other Bellboy

12 minutes ago, mandolin said:

I'm assuming that he's taking responsibility for the Tweets that are signed off with "Lee"?  I don't use twitter much but I'm really glad that he's shown me that the way to prove it's me is to put my name at the end.  Total proof right there that he is responsible for nothing ;).  

I feel really sorry for anyone caught up in the car-crash that was that "festival" but it's been hilarious reading the social media.  The guy (Lee O'Hanlon if anyone is interested) is an absolute twat and should not be allowed to (attempt to) put on any other events that people spend their hard-earned cash on.

My name :)

I think it's only right, @bennyhana22 has been an advocate of signing off for years now, as has @Charm

Mark 

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although to be fair, Iain Lee was annoying as fuck, particularly towards the end of the interview.  The guy wasn't particularly concise to put it mildly, but Iain just wanted to shout at him, rather than letting the man speak.   And he made this disingenuous gestujre of giving £90 to one of the people "out of my own pocket" who had been to the festival, challenging O'Hanlon to do the same, which ahe agreed to.  But then Iain asked for the money back for his own 'gift'

It started off ok, but degenerated into typical frustrating late night talk show crap, where the host has the loudest microphone and they rile up their guests so much they don't give good answers, then start shouting at them for not answering the question - which they can't anyway because the host keeps shouting the same question at them time after time.  Then you get 10 minutes of the guest protesting they're not being allowed to answer instead of any actual interviewing going on.

I used to listen to Iain Lee's show a few years ago and it was the same.  Just like James Whale back in the day too.

8 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

The line-up for that Hope and Glory thing was so awful, it's probably a blessing that it was guaranteed never to be repeated :ph34r:

Well it wasn't to my taste either, but obviously quite a few people were looking forward to it. Perhaps they also deserve to be entertained? 

11 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

You're just jealous because you never do the things that you wish that you could do so well.

I really, really wish I could be somewhere else other than (t)here. 

tbf Razorlight are the one band on the line-up I'd be half-interested in watching, but anyone paying a penny to see them at a festival when they'd probably agree to play your back garden for a tenner these days wants to have a word.

Edited by Zac Quinn

6 minutes ago, Zac Quinn said:

I really, really wish I could be somewhere else other than (t)here. 

tbf Razorlight are the one band on the line-up I'd be half-interested in watching, but anyone paying a penny to see them at a festival when they'd probably agree to play your back garden for a tenner these days wants to have a word.

Yeah their first album wasn't terrible. Best I can say.

If your having a festival in your garden though ensure there are adequate bridges to get people in and out and remember to lock up your sandwiches. 

Edited by cammie81
I'm stupit

5 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Although to be fair, Iain Lee was annoying as fuck, particularly towards the end of the interview.  The guy wasn't particularly concise to put it mildly, but Iain just wanted to shout at him, rather than letting the man speak.   And he made this disingenuous gestujre of giving £90 to one of the people "out of my own pocket" who had been to the festival, challenging O'Hanlon to do the same, which ahe agreed to.  But then Iain asked for the money back for his own 'gift'

It started off ok, but degenerated into typical frustrating late night talk show crap, where the host has the loudest microphone and they rile up their guests so much they don't give good answers, then start shouting at them for not answering the question - which they can't anyway because the host keeps shouting the same question at them time after time.  Then you get 10 minutes of the guest protesting they're not being allowed to answer instead of any actual interviewing going on.

I used to listen to Iain Lee's show a few years ago and it was the same.  Just like James Whale back in the day too.

I don't think he had much choice as O'Hanlon gave no concise answers and constantly laid blame on everyone else, it was very very bizarre.   

5 hours ago, Zac Quinn said:

The line-up for that Hope and Glory thing was so awful, it's probably a blessing that it was guaranteed never to be repeated :ph34r:

Charlotte Church's Late Night Pop Dungeon and Lekkido Lord Of The Lobsters were on, so whatever the ticket price was, it was worth every penny.