Mercury Prize 2017

jyoung

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

He was a shoe-in, and the Mercury is obviously a load of shite, but Sampha was the best one by quite a distance. Very talented fellow, nice to see him get recognition and pesos.

I enjoyed the album less than a couple of other entries but yeah I agree he was still the most obvious winner on the list, if you've seen a couple of these things. Hope he manages to stick around for the long term.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Mercury Mercury me Mercurylago

Do like the album but every time I see Glass Animals live footage, I can't believe they aren't more hated, y'know? I see the odds on them plummeted this evening so may be seeing more of them...

Their frontman annoys me so much. Did so when I saw them for the first time on Jools Holland and did so at Glasto this year.

My mate text me later in the day at Glasto to say he'd got stuck next to him at Katy Perry. Never been so glad to be listening to Liam Gallagher getting angry at a fog machine.

Edit: Not that I'd ever previously listened to Liam Gallagher get angry at a fog machine.

Edited by Will-2609

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Mercury Mercury me Mercurylago

Do like the album but every time I see Glass Animals live footage, I can't believe they aren't more hated, y'know? I see the odds on them plummeted this evening so may be seeing more of them...

looked like they were dancing to Club Tropicana whilst playing something completely different