Slam Dunk 2018

LRDJ

4 minutes ago, Arun1910 said:

I would expect 8 acts altogether and so far this is what I have based on past years. Either RBF, Goldfinger and Zebrahead have each moved up a slot and we will be getting 2 more smaller bands, or like you said, we will get a different headliner. I don't really see RBF not being Headline material, they always have a huge crowd.

RBF
GoldFinger
Zebrahead
Capdown
King Prawn
Templeton Pek

I think they went all out last year to try and draw in the ska fans who would be happy to sit at the same stage all day, but it's taken a back seat this year. Last year's ska stage was unbelievably strong.

37 minutes ago, Jericode said:

More announced:

SDF18-MARCH-WEB.jpg

New additions are Moose Blood, As It Is, King Prawn, Guttermouth, The Dangerous Summer, Woes, and Templeton Pek, and then they've added the other four from the Impericon poster as well.

I'm surprised Moose Blood have been announced given the allegations around them that never seem to go away. They're gutter-fill imo anyway.

To me though, this is the strongest lineup ever for Slam Dunk. Every genre they book bands of has got a decent fill, and the top 3 lines are all pretty big academy bands that charge £18-£35 for an individual ticket. Definitely the best value festival.

5 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

I think they went all out last year to try and draw in the ska fans who would be happy to sit at the same stage all day, but it's taken a back seat this year. Last year's ska stage was unbelievably strong.

To me though, this is the strongest lineup ever for Slam Dunk. Every genre they book bands of has got a decent fill, and the top 3 lines are all pretty big academy bands that charge £18-£35 for an individual ticket. Definitely the best value festival.

Last Years was the strongest I've seen it, and I was worried about this years. I'm surprised there's no Patent Pending to fill the stage out if I'm honest...

About the price... why has it gone up this year? It used to be £44 for a ticket for years and now its £49 with a £10 booking fee! 

5 minutes ago, Arun1910 said:

About the price... why has it gone up this year? It used to be £44 for a ticket for years and now its £49 with a £10 booking fee! 

If you check around you can definitely get a ticket for £49 plus £5 booking fee, I'm looking at leedstickets.com and the booking fee is only £4.90 for North.

Everything goes up in price, still if you think about how many acts you're going to see it's still worth the extra fiver.

13 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

If you check around you can definitely get a ticket for £49 plus £5 booking fee, I'm looking at leedstickets.com and the booking fee is only £4.90 for North.

Everything goes up in price, still if you think about how many acts you're going to see it's still worth the extra fiver.

I guess. I mean they used to be about £32 at a time, but I just don't see this years lineup warranting a price increase, last years was way better than this years for me.

Edited by Arun1910

1 hour ago, Arun1910 said:

I would expect 8 acts altogether and so far this is what I have based on past years. Either RBF, Goldfinger and Zebrahead have each moved up a slot and we will be getting 2 more smaller bands, or like you said, we will get a different headliner. I don't really see RBF not being Headline material, they always have a huge crowd.

RBF
GoldFinger
Zebrahead
Capdown
King Prawn
Templeton Pek

save Ferris will be on that stage too.

2 hours ago, Arun1910 said:

Last Years was the strongest I've seen it, and I was worried about this years. I'm surprised there's no Patent Pending to fill the stage out if I'm honest...

£10 booking fee!!!! Where did you buy yours :lol: you're being ripped off mine was no where near that

4 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

Well they don't base the price on you mate, sorry to say.

That wasn't the point of my post at all, I don't have to pay for tickets luckily.

It was purely an observation on price increase, not a "woe is me" situation, but nice try at trying to be funny.

Edited by Arun1910

12 hours ago, moams said:

£10 booking fee!!!! Where did you buy yours :lol: you're being ripped off mine was no where near that

I was looking for some friends and just used whatever links were on Slam Dunks Website.

Weird, just checked it and TicketWeb now say they are including only a £5 fee at £54 yet my friends receipt clearly shows a £10 service and delivery charge.

They must have changed that recently as he bought it on the 28th Feb.

Capture.PNG

3 hours ago, Arun1910 said:

I was looking for some friends and just used whatever links were on Slam Dunks Website.

Weird, just checked it and TicketWeb now say they are including only a £5 fee at £54 yet my friends receipt clearly shows a £10 service and delivery charge.

Capture.PNG

There's not gonna be just booking fees. Probably the difference is the delivery fee added on top. It does say that on the charges you just listed that it includes delivery fee.

Edited by SOAD

11 hours ago, Arun1910 said:

That wasn't the point of my post at all, I don't have to pay for tickets luckily.

It was purely an observation on price increase, not a "woe is me" situation, but nice try at trying to be funny.

I know it wasn't your point, you just worded it that way. Congrats on the not paying situation, but nice try at trying to sound special.

5 hours ago, Chavmeisterdeluxe said:

I know it wasn't your point, you just worded it that way. Congrats on the not paying situation, but nice try at trying to sound special.

I had a feeling you would respond with this, however it was the only counter I had against your assumption that I wanted it lower, it would never have come up if you didn't act funny.

There is nothing wrong with being shocked at the price increase, I've been the past 5 years and I noticed it had gone up, so I asked about it. Its a forum, it's for discussion, I was raising a topic to see if anyone knew if there was a specific reason.

Edit:

Anyway, with Save Ferris, I guess this is a possible Fireball lineup, this is 7 acts and it had 8 last year? It's no way near as strong as last years but I don't think anything will top that for a while.

RBF
GoldFinger
Zebrahead
Capdown
Save Ferris

King Prawn
(Guttermouth... maybe)
Templeton Pek

Does anyone else think JEW could headline the Fireball stage? Or that Good Charlotte and Jew will Co-Headline the main?

Edited by Arun1910

25 minutes ago, Arun1910 said:

Anyway, with Save Ferris, I guess this is a possible Fireball lineup, this is 7 acts and it had 8 last year? It's no way near as strong as last years but I don't think anything will top that for a while.

RBF
GoldFinger
Zebrahead
Capdown
Save Ferris

King Prawn
(Guttermouth... maybe)
Templeton Pek

Does anyone else think JEW could headline the Fireball stage? Or that Good Charlotte and Jew will Co-Headline the main?

Not sure who Templeton are, but don't think they fit into the old school ska/punk category like the others. 

Last year was:

BFS

LTJ

RBF

Goldfinger

Mad Caddies

Zebrahead

Ataris

FenixTX

So 8 in total - but RBF were two from top.  Love them as a band, but not sure their stock has gone up that much - same with Goldfinger/Zebrahead.  Would put GC on Fireball over JEW in terms of fit, but at this stage, no idea. 

Maybe a headline would be added above them - Bad Religion / Dropkicks / dunno....

14 hours ago, Arun1910 said:

Capture.PNG

Very odd. I bought mine on see tickets like I do with almost all my tickets £53.90 with booking fee it cost me per ticket.

52 minutes ago, some dude said:

Hello - When do the stages and times usually get announced or rather when we will have a good indication of clashes. Debating which site to go to, but will depend on whether there are clashes and a rotating headliner or not.

Think the worse the clashes are, the longer they'll leave it to announcing all that. 

17 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

Not sure who Templeton are, but don't think they fit into the old school ska/punk category like the others. 

They're new schoolish for sure, and pretty small. I get your point but it's not like Patent Pending are Ska at all, they are pop punk and when they played the festival they were one of the openers for this stage.

12 hours ago, moams said:

Very odd. I bought mine on see tickets like I do with almost all my tickets £53.90 with booking fee it cost me per ticket.

Damn, oh well :D

58 minutes ago, some dude said:

Hello - When do the stages and times usually get announced or rather when we will have a good indication of clashes. Debating which site to go to, but will depend on whether there are clashes and a rotating headliner or not.

We normally get stage splits and times near the end of April, so a month before the Festival starts.

However, I wouldn't wait that long for Leeds or Hatfield ticket wise as they can sell out in April and have in the past.

Another reason not to leave it late is Hotels. As an example, my hotel for Birmingham in 2016 cost me £200 odd for 2 days as I went the night before. The night before Slam dunk cost £40, the night OF Slam Dunk cost me £160. I booked that in April.

This year at the same hotel for 2 nights it's costing me only £90 for 2 days at the same Premier Inn, but this time I booked it in Feb.

TL:DR: Leaving Tickets Until April when stage splits release is risky. If you need hotels it's even worse.

Edited by Arun1910

2 hours ago, Arun1910 said:

We normally get stage splits and times near the end of April, so a month before the Festival starts.

However, I wouldn't wait that long for Leeds or Hatfield ticket wise as they can sell out in April and have in the past.

Another reason not to leave it late is Hotels. As an example, my hotel for Birmingham in 2016 cost me £200 odd for 2 days as I went the night before. The night before Slam dunk cost £40, the night OF Slam Dunk cost me £160. I booked that in April.

This year at the same hotel for 2 nights it's costing me only £90 for 2 days at the same Premier Inn, but this time I booked it in Feb.

TL:DR: Leaving Tickets Until April when stage splits release is risky. If you need hotels it's even worse.

Thanks, and  good shout on the hotel front, luckily I should be ok on all locations on that front.

Is Hatfield likely to sell out this year given I am guessing there will be a capacity increase at the new location?

Just had a look at previous years - slightly off putting how clash heavy this festival seems to be with all the 'bigger' acts.

2 minutes ago, some dude said:

Thanks, and  good shout on the hotel front, luckily I should be ok on all locations on that front.

Is Hatfield likely to sell out this year given I am guessing there will be a capacity increase at the new location?

Just had a look at previous years - slightly off putting how clash heavy this festival seems to be with all the 'bigger' acts.

From memory the old site has sold out around mid March - mid April the past few years. The new site is much bigger on paper, however they haven't given any details on by how much capacity wise. 

My complete guess is that it will, just not Mid-March like last year (which sold out on 13th March).