Slam Dunk 2018

LRDJ

Templeton Pek, The Audition, Trash Boat, Zebrahead, Frank Carter, PVRIS, Good Charlotte for me.

If anyone hasn't got anyone to see RIGHT when they get to the festival, consider checking out Templeton Pek. They're from Birmingham and their last 2 albums have been really solid. 

Anyone who has been to the Leeds site before how much of a pain is it to get into the arena? Realistically what time will we need to head over there to make sure we get in with plenty of time for Good Charlotte?

13 hours ago, moams said:

Anyone who has been to the Leeds site before how much of a pain is it to get into the arena? Realistically what time will we need to head over there to make sure we get in with plenty of time for Good Charlotte?

Awful. It is ridiculous. Plenty of time for GC would be 1.5 to 2 hours. 

Reason? The Arena is always full and then its a 1 in 1 out system. Last year when I wanted to see Zebrahead at around 3pm the Queue was nearly going down the street... 3pm! Don't underestimate how much time you need, and even then you are probably going to be at the back. It seems like people who go to the Arena STAY in the Arena. 

Edit: Just for fun, this was the Arena last year at around 3:30pm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIyR7umLA3k

Edited by Arun1910

Crikey, scaremongering or what. Last year the arena lineup was setup as it was to persuade people into that scene to buy tickets and stay at the stage for most of the day. This year it hasn't been done like that so its less likely that people will turn up to the arena and stay there all day. Would suggest you try and watch the band before Good Charlotte, because the arena isn't massive, but 2 hours before? Don't worry that much. 

Frank Carter and Pvris have different fanbases so there'll be plenty of movement around that time.

Also, the arena may "always" be full, but i'm sure last year was the first time they used it so there's hardly that much data to corroborate that statement.

The whole slam dunk model has changed this year. They've changed the south site to persuade people to head there rather than the other two, as the old south site was the smallest and yet the new site has over twice the capacity. People from London who would go up to leeds (like myself) or midlands due to the awful Hatfield forum site are now going to go to the new south site. I imagine there will be less capacity issues (noticeably so in Leeds) this year as a result. 

Edited by huntyyy

That's not scaremongering at all! I was hanging around the Arena most of Leeds last year and the queues were constantly ridiculous. 

You may say different crowds but I want to see Frank, PVRIS, and GC so i won't be moving and I'm sure a lot of others may feel that way. You can never really know though. I'm just going off what I saw last year. There were hundreds of people in those queues and the one in one out system was horrible especially as you had lots of people going through the disabled access too to get onto the balcony. So basically 2 kinds of queues.

I remember there only be 2 or 3 separate lines to go into the Arena as well. With hundreds of people lined up going down the road all day that is ridiculous, especially with 1 in an 1 out. Why even take the risk? Fair enough we only have 1 year of data to go by but it is SOMETHING to base judgement on.

Edited by Arun1910

16 hours ago, BigBerry said:

Recently found out I'm on the guestlist for Slam Dunk north, has anyone ever had this? What extras (if any) does it come with?

Nice! I have had it before. Apart from free entry it also lets you in to the band catering areas, which is nice. Real food and cake!

40 minutes ago, Arun1910 said:

Nice! I have had it before. Apart from free entry it also lets you in to the band catering areas, which is nice. Real food and cake!

Can't go wrong with a bit of cake! Do they ask for a donation with the guestlist? A lot of festivals I've been to as a guest have done, just want to make sure I take cash if so

On 5/16/2018 at 9:22 AM, BigBerry said:

Can't go wrong with a bit of cake! Do they ask for a donation with the guestlist? A lot of festivals I've been to as a guest have done, just want to make sure I take cash if so

I didn't get asked at any of the 3 sites last year for a donation, was just a quick name exchange and you got your wristband.

3 minutes ago, Arun1910 said:

Just perfect how 3 days ago the weather forecast was 22-24C for the next week and now its scattered thunderstorms ?

keeps changing all the time! Was thunder all day yesterday and this morning when I looked it was a-ok...Im too scared to look now! 

49 minutes ago, Faroque said:

Different things on different websites. If you believe Google we'll be swimming but the Met Office doesn't have any rain at all. I'm bringing my wellies either way.

It does seem to be changing daily however I just got pissed on a little bit down in Warwick this morning!