Slam Dunk 2018

LRDJ

10 hours ago, somethingpersonal said:

I’ve got a question for Midlands goers. Do you think I’ll be okay getting in for Creeper on main stage if I see Can’t Swim before? I’ve only ever been to south and I’m so used to it being outside. 

I wouldn't worried about getting in, I had no problem last year as the main two stages are massive and were never really completely full. Always room at the back.

18 hours ago, Wanderer said:

I know it's guesswork for now, but having never been before, I take it the two main stages will run to roughly the same schedule / be clash-central?

There aren’t normally two main stages so I don’t think anyone knows what’s going on at the moment. But my guess is that they will be! I can’t see them alternating them and in previous years the headliners of each stage have clashed, so I’m assuming it’ll be the same in this case

• Upvote 1

On 4/28/2018 at 9:24 PM, Wanderer said:

I know it's guesswork for now, but having never been before, I take it the two main stages will run to roughly the same schedule / be clash-central?

They will clash. Impossible to alternate given the 11pm curfew.

11 hours ago, LiamEP said:

Could it be done so the bands all clash on main stages but then JEW and GC play at different times? I’ve never been before tho don’t really know how long the sets are for headliners and subs an that

Well we can look at last years:
Main Stage - 9:25 - 10:45
Fireball - 9:45 - 10:55

2016:
Main Stage - 21:25 - 22:40
Atlas - 21:30 - 22:40

2015:
Main Stage - 9:20 - 10:45
Monster - 9:35 - 10:40
Ska Stage - 9:25 - 10:30

I just picked what I would deem the bigger stages, from the past 3 years. As you can see they all start at around 9:30pm and finish anywhere between 10:30pm to 11pm. There is no way they can lag either band behind each other. Both bands would start around 9:30pm and probably have 1 hour 15 minutes each I recon. 

Edit: We are a bit behind on stage times right? Last year it was end of April, I suspect sometime this week.

Edited by Arun1910

23 hours ago, Arun1910 said:

Well we can look at last years:
Main Stage - 9:25 - 10:45
Fireball - 9:45 - 10:55

2016:
Main Stage - 21:25 - 22:40
Atlas - 21:30 - 22:40

2015:
Main Stage - 9:20 - 10:45
Monster - 9:35 - 10:40
Ska Stage - 9:25 - 10:30

I just picked what I would deem the bigger stages, from the past 3 years. As you can see they all start at around 9:30pm and finish anywhere between 10:30pm to 11pm. There is no way they can lag either band behind each other. Both bands would start around 9:30pm and probably have 1 hour 15 minutes each I recon. 

Edit: We are a bit behind on stage times right? Last year it was end of April, I suspect sometime this week.

When are we expecting the next issue of rock sound? They'll get the exclusive I'd imagine 

1 hour ago, Jericode said:

They've only just released the State Champs issue haven't they? Won't be for a few weeks.

Could see it being in Kerrang in a week or two, don't they normally have it too? Swear I got my 2016 clash sheet from them.

The new bands stage has since changed from Kerrang to Rock Sound sponsored so they now get it. Think they just released it on their website last year thinking about it.

Well the next Kerrang magazine releases next Wednesday according to this: http://www.newsstand.co.uk/195-Rock-Music-Magazines/1461-Subscribe-to-KERRANG!-Magazine-Subscription.aspx

Bit late doing it 2 weeks before.

On 5/2/2018 at 12:04 PM, Arun1910 said:

Well the next Kerrang magazine releases next Wednesday according to this: http://www.newsstand.co.uk/195-Rock-Music-Magazines/1461-Subscribe-to-KERRANG!-Magazine-Subscription.aspx

Bit late doing it 2 weeks before.

Looks like I was wrong, the cover is Green day and a bunch of other non related Slam Dunk stuff. And the Rocksound June cover says it has a Slam Dunk preview yet it's already out as far as I'm aware?

So maybe this year the stage times aren't being released through a magazine.

I wonder if they left it this late cause of more JEW and GC conflict that is bound to happen when they release the timings.

The fact that it's 2 weeks before the festival and it wasn't even due to a deal with another company just seems bad to me. But meh. Considering I'll be main stage from Frank Carter onwards I'm not TOO fussed about Stage Times in that respect.

I just hope Zebrahead get a longer time for being on later in the day. Whether you like them or not 5 years in a row is an accomplishment and I believe they've played 7 years out of the 11 now. The crowds they bring in speak volumes so I hope they get longer!  

10 hours ago, some dude said:

Yeh JEW and GC totes clash

Of course they clash....that was obvious with the split of stages. I get that people are annoyed by that but at said before it was never officially stated anything but them two being the two biggest acts.

10 hours ago, lightning1000 said:

Yeah with the clashes I’m only going to get to see 4 bands I actually want to with huuuge gaps of nothing. Worst slam dunk ever on the cards for me. 

I'm the opposite I think, 6 bands minimum I want to see and there is a chance to push in another although with the crowds it's not worth it. Its as good as it has been for me personally, up their with my best value tickets....it will be once I've purchased anyway 

11 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Of course they clash....that was obvious with the split of stages. I get that people are annoyed by that but at said before it was never officially stated anything but them two being the two biggest acts.

I'm the opposite I think, 6 bands minimum I want to see and there is a chance to push in another although with the crowds it's not worth it. Its as good as it has been for me personally, up their with my best value tickets....it will be once I've purchased anyway 

ha chill out Barbara, I was more just saying it's all 100% confirmed ;)

My day is sorted. 

Knuckle Puck > Four Year Strong > Creeper > State Champs > Sleeping With Sirens (more out of necessity; I don’t want to walk all the way to the arena to come back for Frank) > Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes > Taking Back Sunday > Jimmy Eat World 

15 hours ago, some dude said:

ha chill out Barbara, I was more just saying it's all 100% confirmed ;)

It was anyway, how are you saying the same amount of bands and doing sets short enough that the headliner finishes 1hr 25 earlier than the other realistically to have chance to get there.

It was confirmed since day split and we all know that.

13 hours ago, Andre91 said:

My day is sorted. 

Knuckle Puck > Four Year Strong > Creeper > State Champs > Sleeping With Sirens (more out of necessity; I don’t want to walk all the way to the arena to come back for Frank) > Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes > Taking Back Sunday > Jimmy Eat World 

Mines very different but can't moan at that for £57 with booking can you?, not many day fests will come close. 

If you compare though for my best Download day, I have Boston Manor, Marmozets, Volbeat or Andrew WK....15 minutes of Volbeat just about which it would probably be given my choice, and Bad Religion for £97. All of them I'd like to see but it's £40+ more than what it's worth.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

It was anyway, how are you saying the same amount of bands and doing sets short enough that the headliner finishes 1hr 25 earlier than the other realistically to have chance to get there.

It was confirmed since day split and we all know that.

Easy, I wasn’t and never did ;) think you may have completely got the wrong end of the stick with my original comment.