Slam Dunk 2018

LRDJ

16 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

I dont see them putting Good Charlotte and Jimmy Eat World on at same time. Surely backlash would be to bad

Honestly, at this stage I don't think they care. They have your money, they can just apologise next year and say "sorry, we learnt from our mistake".

Edit: My day will be: Templeton Pek, Stand Atlantic, The Audition, Zebrahead (obviously), Frank, PVRIS, GC

Edited by Arun1910

Yeah that co headline thing is bollocks. Really scummy of them to do that but I can't say I'm surprised. I'm not going and if I was I'd probably be seeing Every Time I Die (or maybe JEW) but I'd have pissed if I was sold on the promise seeing both headliners. 

Also if I was going this would probably be my day 

Knuckle Puck - > Four Year Strong - > Say Anything - > Counterparts - > Trash Boat - > Me Vs Hero/Taking Back Sunday - > Every Time I Die 

Oh and for next year, can the token reunion band be City Lights. I would love that 

Edited by justanothername

23 hours ago, Arun1910 said:

Honestly, at this stage I don't think they care. They have your money, they can just apologise next year and say "sorry, we learnt from our mistake".

Edit: My day will be: Templeton Pek, Stand Atlantic, The Audition, Zebrahead (obviously), Frank, PVRIS, GC

They won't be the 1st or last to do that kind of thing. But if they never actually confirmed a co-headline.

I know there's the understanding that coheadline is that bands are top of the bill, but could also mean that both are actually headlining and that the two stages are given equal status.  The way L/R have had coheadliners never really made much sense to me, as one of them was always a sub. 

There's been worse 'lies' told about bands - I remember when a UK exclusive became an English exclusive and even that wasn't true.

2 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

I know there's the understanding that coheadline is that bands are top of the bill, but could also mean that both are actually headlining and that the two stages are given equal status.  The way L/R have had coheadliners never really made much sense to me, as one of them was always a sub. 

There's been worse 'lies' told about bands - I remember when a UK exclusive became an English exclusive and even that wasn't true.

Whilst true that it can mean different stages it's just the fact this is the first time I've ever heard them use that specific phrase for Headliners on separate stages. What's next, Quad Headliners?! Ha.

20 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Nah its utter bullshit if they do it. Call a spade a spade. Doesn't make any sense as it's a multiple day festival so it isnt like you couldnt just alternate them headlining each day. Give 2 days to the band who are being more arsey about it. 

Maybe the agreement with both bands is that they both wanted to headline and be named headliners or neither would sign a deal as the main stage and 2nd stage looks more like 2 main stages than it has in previous years. Usually there is like a heavier or more pop punk 2nd stage with smaller bands but the bands seem to be of similar sizes this year. 

I mean.. technically they are both headlining so although it’s sneaky it’s not exactly false advertising, it’s like when reading and Leeds advertise “co-headliners” when one band headlines both sites, nothing anywhere actually says co-headliners don’t have to clash, I reckon the two big stages is just to try and flog the mega tickets.

4 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

I guess they could end one stage before another, have a big gap between PVRIS and GC to allow people to go to JEW and then after JEW finish GC start.

Dont see how they do that with the amount of bands on the stages. If one stage had one less band could have done that but dont think they can with 8 bands on each. 

6 hours ago, Stuielooie said:

I guess they could end one stage before another, have a big gap between PVRIS and GC to allow people to go to JEW and then after JEW finish GC start.

Surely that's not possible though, I know in Birmingham all of the stages will have max capacity, not sure about other venues - there is no way you can get the whole crowd seeing one band at once.

On 20/04/2018 at 11:09 AM, Vik Vinegar said:

It was bad enough getting into the arena last year when it was just the SKA stage.

Gonna be a nightmare this year.

For Leeds right? That queue was absolutely insane. I'd head down well before an hour for whoever you want to see on main stage.

I had to sneak into the disabled access with a friend (who does have a disability), would have missed out seeing a lot of bands otherwise.

33 minutes ago, gary1979666 said:

Yes, normally a couple of weeks before, so the clashfinders will all be updated in advance.  Normally get a handout on the day as well with the times - a nice touch as most festivals charge for that.

Cheers,  other than the obvious screw-ups on clashes with headliners it seems like a pretty well run festival and good value as well. 

21 hours ago, gary1979666 said:

Yes, normally a couple of weeks before, so the clashfinders will all be updated in advance.  Normally get a handout on the day as well with the times - a nice touch as most festivals charge for that.

Shouldn't that actually be sometime this week? It's normally the last week of April. I guess we will have them by Friday earliest seeing as we haven't got it yet.

9 hours ago, somethingpersonal said:

I’ve got a question for Midlands goers. Do you think I’ll be okay getting in for Creeper on main stage if I see Can’t Swim before? I’ve only ever been to south and I’m so used to it being outside. 

It's a close one as they are 2 and 3 on their stages. However some of the smaller stages normally start bands earlier so there might be a window for you to get to main. It's a good 5-6 minute walk from the Car Park (Signature Stage) to the main stage however. Probably just to wait for times but you should be able to catch both, just wouldn't expect being at the front for Creeper.