Slam Dunk 2018

LRDJ

6 minutes ago, Stuielooie said:

I knew there would be clashes, but I want to see everyone from Four year strong/creeper and up on the jager stage, and ta/moose blood and up on the monster stage. Surely they must have bands in alternating slots?

It's the same bands/same times over the 3 days.

1 hour ago, Arun1910 said:

I find it quiet misleading how GC and JEW were announced as Co-Headliners. That implies the same stage and same set lengths.

They're just headlining their own stage... I have no idea why "Co-headline" was used in advertising for the first time ever. Seems misleading to me.

Personally wasn't bothered about seeing JEW but I find the situation odd.

Slam Dunk do pretty misleading advertising quite a lot and I also agree that it isn't fair, if a coheadliner is being advertised it's a fair assumption to make that'd you'd be able to watch both bands one after the other. Saying this, I'm not that surprised that GC and JEW are on different stages.

Clashes for me are the worst ever, but I think this is because of a better lineup overall for me, plus I've seen the majority of the bands on the bill before so I can live without seeing them again (except for Four Year Strong, I'd never miss them in a million years).

Clashfinder has State Champs and Speak Low overlapping by 5 mins which can’t happen as Speak Low is the side project of the bassist of State Champs

My day looks to be something like:

Can’t Swim > FYS > Creeper/Say Anything > Twin Atlantic > Speak Low > Zebrahead > Frank Carter > TBS > JEW

Suppose if is 8 bands a day on main stage then would be quite hard to have Good Charlotte and JEW not clashing. Would have to have one stage finish at like half 9, which seems quite hard to do with 8 bands. Clashfinder with this fesitval is probably easier than most as they never really do what you see at Download where they have stage finish early or try not clash stuff. 

17 minutes ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Suppose if is 8 bands a day on main stage then would be quite hard to have Good Charlotte and JEW not clashing. Would have to have one stage finish at like half 9, which seems quite hard to do with 8 bands. Clashfinder with this fesitval is probably easier than most as they never really do what you see at Download where they have stage finish early or try not clash stuff. 

Tbh I don't get the idea that a GC clash with JEW is crazy. They aren't majorly the same market tbf, there is no way anyone I known into JEW and there is a few would not watch them for GC.

I have FYS, Creeper, State Champs, bit of ROAM maybe, Zebrahead, The Skints, Pvris and JEW. The only day giving me as good or better value than that was Victorious 2 years ago and possibly 2000 Trees the day Refused topped the bill. Its virtually £8 a band to hear everything you would want to.

Stupid to clash GC and JEW when they were sold as co-headliners. 

My day is looking this this going by the clashfinder: 

Knuckle Puck > Four Year Strong > Creeper > Twin Atlantic > Moose Blood > Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes > Taking Back Sunday > Jimmy Eat World 

9 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

Stupid to clash GC and JEW when they were sold as co-headliners. 

My day is looking this this going by the clashfinder: 

Knuckle Puck > Four Year Strong > Creeper > Twin Atlantic > Moose Blood > Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes > Taking Back Sunday > Jimmy Eat World 

Tbf I'll probably watch Nuckle Puck too.

My day's looking like this:

Knuckle Puck > Four Year Strong > Astroid Boys > Four Year Strong (acoustic) > Roam/Counterparts (will decide on the day) > a bit of Moose Blood > Frank Carter and the Rattlesnakes > Taking Back Sunday > Good Charlotte / Jimmy Eat World (will decide on the day)

Not bad for £55, although I've seen all of them before bar 3. Not complaining though

25 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

The JEW / GC thing is complete bullshit and they shouldn't be able to get away with that.

Let's just hope they're on at alternate times like a lot of festivals are doing now although I'm not holding out for it. 

3 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Who’s been to the Leeds one & what’s the set up? They use different venues as stages don’t they or have I made that up?

Are Jäger & Monster stages both in Millennium Square?

Here's the map. Assuming that Jager is in Millennium square and Monster is in the First Direct Arena though I could be wrong 

SDF18-NORTH-MAP-1-1.jpg