Slam Dunk 2018

LRDJ

33 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

Could it be an announcement filling in the rest of a stage (ska, heavy)? Or just some bands who have finished a tour recently, although I'm struggling to think of any aside from Seaway.

I can't even guess! Will just be a few small filler bands I imagine.

18 hours ago, LRDJ said:

That's tastyScreenshot_20180215-165914.thumb.png.3596b994087712a8b4a88a88f1246cb7.png

Didn't Goldfinger and Reel Big Fish play last year? :lol:

Anyway, not a great announcement for me but I wasn't expecting much anyway.

24 minutes ago, juneau said:

That's a cracking announcement. Wasn't expecting that at all.

One of our group heading down to this has a spare ticket for sale so thought it was worth mentioning on here. Its the one with the afterparty included if anyone is interested?

Should probably mention what site you're going to :P

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Comfortably one of the best lineups this year for the price although I fear for the clashes.

Agree with both points. There are 11 bands I really want to see and another 7 I'd happily see if nothing else was on already, whereas last year I only wanted to see ~8 on the whole lineup and most clashed :rolleyes:

As long as I get to see Four Year Strong kill it again I couldn't care less tbh

5 minutes ago, LRDJ said:

Agree with both points. There are 11 bands I really want to see and another 7 I'd happily see if nothing else was on already, whereas last year I only wanted to see ~8 on the whole lineup and most clashed :rolleyes:

As long as I get to see Four Year Strong kill it again I couldn't care less tbh

Got about 8 to see but for £55 that's fine. I'd have rather had LTJ than RBF but being at Download it wasn't going to happen. I hope they are Saturday at Download.

Slam Dunk has got to be the best value festival around. Every year there is always a loads of bands I want to see. The location in Leeds is great. I’ve never had an issue with queues and, it’s great, personally, as my mate lives a 10min walk from Millenium Square :P 

Edited by Andre91

So who do people think are playing the breakout stage? Could see any of these, of course there are so many other options:

Greyscale

Milestones

Higher Power

Better Than Never

Safeguard

Stand Atlantic

Holding Absence

Yonaka

Palaye Royale?

Loathe??

About 3 of these are actually gonna play in the end but I'd love to see nearly all of these.

Pretty sure Palaye Royale (and all their members) do the stupid following and unfollowing thing on Twitter to get loads of real followers, really annoys me when a band does that. Safe to say I've never heard anyone talk about them in a positive manner either.

Greyscale and Holding Absence are cool additions though and Stand Atlantic's members are lovely, some of the nicest people I interviewed last year.