Slam Dunk 2018

LRDJ

A bit disappointing for me, I'd only see Counterparts and Comeback Kid from that. Looks like they're having a few more established "heavy" bands this year rather than up and coming ones as they said there are more coming on top of the 4 or so already announced.

Going to have a punt at what the stage split will be even though its early days!
Main
Jimmy Eat World
Good Charlotte
Taking Back Sunday
Twin Atlantic
Creeper

2nd
PVRIS
Sleeping With Sirens
Four Year Strong
Knuckle Puck
Trash Boat

3rd
Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes
Every Time I Die
Northlane
Crown The Empire

4th
State Champs
Set Your Goals
Real Friends
Comeback Kid
Can't Swim

5th
The Skints
Zebrahead
Capdown
Save Ferris

6th
Thursday
Counterparts
Broadside

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

When will the timings for this be announced? Right before the festival? And do people think it (namely the Leeds date) will sell out before then? Really quite fancy it but don't wanna get a ticket and then have the six or so acts I'm bothered about seeing all clash.

Stage splits came out at the beginning of April last year so you would be able to vaguely see who you’d be able to watch at that point. Unsure about when it’s sold out previously or if it’s even sold out before.

On 27/01/2018 at 12:51 PM, foolee said:

Going to have a punt at what the stage split will be even though its early days!
Main
Jimmy Eat World
Good Charlotte
Taking Back Sunday
Twin Atlantic
Creeper

2nd
PVRIS
Sleeping With Sirens
Four Year Strong
Knuckle Puck
Trash Boat

3rd
Every Time I Die
Northlane
Crown The Empire

4th
State Champs
Set Your Goals
Real Friends
Comeback Kid
Can't Swim

5th
The Skints
Zebrahead
Capdown
Save Ferris

6th
Thursday
Counterparts
Broadside

Weren't Good Charlotte announced as a 2nd headliner so surely they would be on the 2nd stage? I hope you are right and I am wrong as that looks a great stage split

41 minutes ago, moams said:

Weren't Good Charlotte announced as a 2nd headliner so surely they would be on the 2nd stage? I hope you are right and I am wrong as that looks a great stage split

They were announced as co headliners so I’m assuming they’ll either sub JEW or they will alternate who headlines at different sites but definitely don’t think they’ll be headlining different stages.

3 minutes ago, foolee said:

They were announced as co headliners so I’m assuming they’ll either sub JEW or they will alternate who headlines at different sites but definitely don’t think they’ll be headlining different stages.

So they were my bad don't know how I managed to mis-read that. I'm glad though as it would of been a tough decision to pick which one to watch.

On 25/01/2018 at 7:58 PM, LRDJ said:

my dream of Turnstile

Know this post is quite old but they're pretty much ruled out now and I doubt they'll ever play the festival ever. They have a strong connection to Outbreak Festival in Leeds (where they're playing this year) and they love their exclusive deals (like loads as well, they got Title Fight on their only ever European show of 2017 last year for example) and with it being around the same time of year I reckon that Turnstile will always play Outbreak over Slam Dunk any day.

On 27/01/2018 at 4:37 PM, FloorFiller said:

When will the timings for this be announced? Right before the festival? And do people think it (namely the Leeds date) will sell out before then? Really quite fancy it but don't wanna get a ticket and then have the six or so acts I'm bothered about seeing all clash.

Usually quite late but for Leeds the stage splits are normally announced just before it sells out (like a week or two) so you tend to have a vague idea about how everything will pan out. Still, Slam Dunk do tend to be quite good with their sell out warnings, if they say it will sell out within the month then it probably will. Even then you'll likely find one on the Facebook or UK Pop Punk Trade if you're that desperate to go.

Main
Jimmy Eat World
Good Charlotte
Taking Back Sunday
Twin Atlantic
Creeper

2nd
PVRIS
Sleeping With Sirens
Four Year Strong
Knuckle Puck
Trash Boat

3rd
Every Time I Die
Northlane
Crown The Empire

4th
State Champs
Set Your Goals

Real Friends
Comeback Kid
Can't Swim

5th
The Skints
Zebrahead
Capdown
Save Ferris

6th
Thursday
Counterparts
Broadside

Soo many clashes 

40 minutes ago, jcarb said:

Looks like The Wonder Years are ruled out following their tour announcement for anyone that was holding out hopes for them.

Really happy about it tbh. The Wonder Years are my favourite band and Sorority Noise are one of my favourite bands so them touring together is a dream. Also it's at a better time of year for me, these dates are during my Easter Break while SD is in the middle of exams so it might have been the case that I couldn't go (like the last time they played in 2015).  Going to try to do 2-4 dates for this because why not :P

21 hours ago, justanothername said:

Really happy about it tbh. The Wonder Years are my favourite band and Sorority Noise are one of my favourite bands so them touring together is a dream. Also it's at a better time of year for me, these dates are during my Easter Break while SD is in the middle of exams so it might have been the case that I couldn't go (like the last time they played in 2015).  Going to try to do 2-4 dates for this because why not :P

I'm still massively undecided whether I want to go or not, I wasn't all that keen on No Closer to Heaven at all.
But I loved The Upsides and Suburbia so much!
Just gotta wait for the 10 year tours for them in a few years :P

18 hours ago, Pop Punk Sucks said:

Can't see them ever doing a 10 year tour of those albums. Greatest Generation will get one though. 

I could see Suburbia possibly getting a tour but The Upsides definitely won't, which sucks cause it's a really solid album

On 07/02/2018 at 9:22 PM, justanothername said:

If The Wonder Years did tours anniversary tours for any of the trilogy albums it would be a dream. Though any tour they do is a dream for me :lol: 

When I saw a couple of the sound checks on their tour last year they played pretty much just stuff from upsides as they drew songs out of a hat and most put those songs in. Not great for me as I don’t really like pop punk. The greatest generation was the first album of theirs that I really loved. Quite liked suburbia, but I much prefer the band they’ve become rather than the band they were. 

21 minutes ago, Dukey said:

4 bands being announced today. Wouldn't be surprised if Mallory Knox is one of them.

Could it be an announcement filling in the rest of a stage (ska, heavy)? Or just some bands who have finished a tour recently, although I'm struggling to think of any aside from Seaway.