Slam Dunk 2018

LRDJ

29 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

Tbf though, the majority of other bands people are predicting haven't done it yet, and could have at any time. 

Yeah but I don't think any of those are likely as well to be honest. I just feel like if they wanted to have had these bands they would have done so already. I'm not saying who is headlining this year is going to be a repeat though. Just that JEW have really been of a staple of the genre for a while, it just seems odd that they are only just being called in to headline. Then again I might be wrong about it so don't take my word as fact but that's just what I make of it

I'm also going to point out that for the past 4 years the headliners weren't really on the early European festival circuit at all. Most of them just did their own headline shows across Europe. Think All Time Low did the most when they did like 4 fests. I think it's Slam Dunk is a big enough draw for artists to get them over here in May and do a few other shows. Don't think they need to rely on who is and isn't about for festivals in June at all since they're so early into the festival season. Though I maybe talking about of my ass here. I'm still gonna go with no one being right in their headliner predictions (though that is a large stroke of the brush).

28 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Worth noting Parkway Drive are doing a Horizons show in Australia at a festival.

I didn't know that and turns out it's a whole tour and while they could do it over here I looked it up and their album was 70% done in May. Can't see them doing the Anniversary tours still when they've got a new album coming soon(ish)

31 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

I’m really hoping for The Offspring. 2018 will make it seven years since I last saw them. 

This would be amazing for me but as they’re around in June I could see them doing Download.

2 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Jimmy Eat World headlining according to the Independent.

This would be good but no idea how it would go down with the younger crowd.

Good start for me with Jimmy Eat World, Taking Back Sunday and Four Year Strong. Heard good things about State Champs too so will have a listen. Sleeping With Sirens are much better live than the songs I’ve heard on record and think they’ll headline one of the other stages while Jimmy Eat World are in anyway. Now to decide what date to do. Has anyone been to all the sites and can recommend the best/favourite? Went to Birmingham last year as I live in the south west but it’d mean booking the Tuesday off work which I wouldn’t really want to do.