Mr C telling a few porkies ??

poppydom1964

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, poppydom1964 said:

So should he resign considering he was promising to help with student debt but never even considered the cost or is he still the messiah 

Hmmm. It's one of those things where the real version was in the manifesto, but he managed to suggest otherwise by saying he'd "sort it" which wasn't actually a promise to sort it soon or anywhen in particular.

I don't doubt it suckered a few people but it's pretty standard politicians bollocks, and I - who can think of plenty of other reasons thru time why he might have stood down - think it would be huge overkill to want to hang him for that one. 

I'm much more concerned about him wanting the same hard brexit as the tories, but still being on the 'cake and eat it' stage of thinking which even the tories gave up 6+ months ago.

Maybe you could have dug up the 'Are Tories welcome at Glastonbury?' thread which we'd all gratefully watched finally slither off he front page?

Otherwise, there's a section of these boards for political discussion. Starting a thread about this random allegation doesn't fit on the Glastonbury boards for me. It's a political festival, but this bit of the board isn't for politics at random.

I'd rather concentrate on the fact that we all enjoy Glastonbury here (more that unites than divides us?) and only talk politics as it relates to Glastonbury, not just at any random titbit that's wound someone up a bit.

Just now, amfy said:

Maybe you could have dug up the 'Are Tories welcome at Glastonbury?' thread which we'd all gratefully watched finally slither off he front page?

Otherwise, there's a section of these boards for political discussion. Starting a thread about this random allegation doesn't fit on the Glastonbury boards for me. It's a political festival, but this bit of the board isn't for politics at random.

I'd rather concentrate on the fact that we all enjoy Glastonbury here (more that unites than divides us?) and only talk politics as it relates to Glastonbury, not just at any random titbit that's wound someone up a bit.

This.

Go bother another forum, it's not like there's nowhere else on the Internet to discuss this.

42 minutes ago, poppydom1964 said:

So should he resign considering he was promising to help with student debt but never even considered the cost or is he still the messiah 

Resign out of the realistic options. Being hung drawn and quartered would be better for his crimes but apparently society is too 'good' for that these days

3 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Jesus this place. If this was a thread praising Corbyn for wiping out the countries debt people wouldn't be saying 'don't post this here', they would be salivating over it.

You're probably right, but when someone signs up to make an off topic, controversial post you've got to question their motives.

Maybe he's fed up with selling bathrooms.

22 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Jesus this place. If this was a thread praising Corbyn for wiping out the countries debt people wouldn't be saying 'don't post this here', they would be salivating over it.

A topic congratulating someone on wiping out the countries debt maybe wouldn't  be as obviously provocative to start with, but actually probably would still result in 93 pages of people calling each other names and being generally shit. I can do without it personally.

34 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

I would, there are plenty of existing threads and other forums discuss Corbyn on.

No need for another one here.

Edited by Hugh Jass

2 hours ago, Spindles said:

Brand new account signed up just for this?  Why didn't you have the balls to post with your main account, I wonder.

The cheek of it

Maybe he should be made to pay to become a gold member.. 

1 hour ago, Dave_c said:

I'm in agreement to keep politics off the forum, but there is no consistency on here at times between what should and shouldn't be discussed.

Can you show any threads to demonstrate this allegation? I've not seen such threads in this forum.

This particular one though from a fresh account? It's as pathetic as that waste of space reporter trying to sling shit over the alleged zero hours thing - "nyah nyah-de-nyah nyah look sir they were naughty too so nyah" - grow up

14 minutes ago, frostypaw said:

Can you show any threads to demonstrate this allegation? I've not seen such threads in this forum.

This particular one though from a fresh account? It's as pathetic as that waste of space reporter trying to sling shit over the alleged zero hours thing - "nyah nyah-de-nyah nyah look sir they were naughty too so nyah" - grow up

Well there is 27 pages of torie hating for a start