NickisGinger

BBC's The Biggest Weekend 2018

32 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Radio 2 have announced Liam Gallagher as their Coventry headliner.

Just when you thought the Coventry lineup couldn't look any less appealing. Fuck me.

• Upvote 1

Bloody hell LG is getting around this summer. Biggest Weekend, Parklife, Belsonic, IoW, Finsbury Park, TRNSMT, RiZE and his LCCC gig all in the UK. He's done well hasn't he.

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Bloody hell LG is getting around this summer. Biggest Weekend, Parklife, Belsonic, IoW, Finsbury Park, TRNSMT, RiZE and his LCCC gig all in the UK. He's done well hasn't he.

Add in Glastonbury and R&L from last year and he’s pretty much covered all the major festivals over two summers alongside his own outdoor gigs. I wonder how long this hype will last, can’t see him selling at quite the same level whenever his next album is out. 

Edited by kingcrawler

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Add in Glastonbury and R&L from last year and he’s pretty much covered all the major festivals over two summers alongside his own outdoor gigs. I wonder how long this hype will last, can’t see him selling at quite the same level whenever his next album is out. 

Aye I imagine it'll die down after his next release (or two), bringing him to the sorta level NG is at now. That's probably when the Oasis talks will start, if ever.

22 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Predicting Gaz Coombes, Field Music and Pip Blom for the Belfast announcements tomorrow. 

More Belfast announcements 2moro? Nice

45 minutes ago, Rico_Pliskin said:

More Belfast announcements 2moro? Nice

Yep some at 7.40 & 8.40. looking forward to some smaller, more interesting names tbh.

7 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Yep some at 7.40 & 8.40. looking forward to some smaller, more interesting names tbh.

Any word yet?; don’t have BBC radio. Thanks

Swansea have added: Rita Ora, Camila Cabello, Stefflon Don, Mable, Liam Payne, Sigrid, George Ezra, Sam Smith and 30 Seconds to Mars.

Every other lineup takes my fancy, except the one nearest me (Perth). Who do we get added this morning? Emeli Sande and Squeeze.

• Upvote 1

Happy with those announcements. Hadn't expected Shame to be there as they're in Germany on both nights. Got to be playing early afternoon and must be getting a private jet in/out

Still more to be added. I'm still wondering if we are getting Arcade Fire or LCD. Surely Underworlds font size would be the same as Beck's (I know it doesn't always work that way) I think we may be getting 3 stages and Orbital and Underworld will headline the 2nd stage which leaves Beck and AF/LCD for the 1st stage. 

Pure speculation, mind.

p060lgny.jpg

Edited by DiscothequeDave

18 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Is there any significantly sized festival this summer where either NG or LG isn’t playing?

7 minutes ago, Ringo_Spar said:

Is there any significantly sized festival this summer where either NG or LG isn’t playing?

Latitude but that's it, I think

22 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Latitude but that's it, I think

Kendal Calling?

19 minutes ago, Jon F said:

Kendal Calling?

Good shout, Noel did that in 2016 which means he's been doing the festival rounds for at least 4 years straight. So next year it is either Noel or Liam confirmed at Kendal

3 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Happy with those announcements. Hadn't expected Shame to be there as they're in Germany on both nights. Got to be playing early afternoon and must be getting a private jet in/out

Still more to be added. I'm still wondering if we are getting Arcade Fire or LCD. Surely Underworlds font size would be the same as Beck's (I know it doesn't always work that way) I think we may be getting 3 stages and Orbital and Underworld will headline the 2nd stage which leaves Beck and AF/LCD for the 1st stage. 

Pure speculation, mind.

LCD are free on 26th, though it would mean them playing four consecutive nights.

Do you guys think there is any chance of any decent rock bands being announced for Swansea on the Saturday? Assuming they will have someone similar to 30 seconds to mars who are playing on the Sunday?

10 hours ago, DiscothequeDave said:

Surely Underworlds font size would be the same as Beck's (I know it doesn't always work that way) I think we may be getting 3 stages and Orbital and Underworld will headline the 2nd stage which leaves Beck and AF/LCD for the 1st stage. 

Pure speculation, mind.

p060lgny.jpg

I don't think Underworld's font could be any bigger as otherwise their name wouldn't fit in the column. Have Beck and Underworld actually been confirmed as headliners? It's a decent line up whatever. I'm surprised it hasn't sold out, especially considering the ticket prices.

On 3/9/2018 at 10:23 AM, DiscothequeDave said:

Pure speculation, mind.

p060lgny.jpg

I wouldn't read into the ordering of the bill at the minute, Father John Misty being furthest down on the Belfast poster and Sam Smith placed higher than Ed Sheeran in Swansea suggests it's all a bit random at the minute.