Jump to content
NickisGinger

BBC's The Biggest Weekend 2018

Recommended Posts

Just now, NickisGinger said:

So swansea is the main location? Nothing in England?

 

Swansea was announced as the location for “part of radio 1’s biggest weekend”, that’s all they’ve said 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, danz026 said:

Arcade Fire playing in the background on radio 1 as they announce Swansea as the location...

Probably rules out Wales for the 6 music festival then you'd imagine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DiscothequeDave said:

Probably rules out Wales for the 6 music festival then you'd imagine.

 

I have heard that’s in Northern Ireland this year 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd imagine this would be held in Singleton Park. When we used to have Escape in The Park it had a capacity of about 30,000.

Only other place I can think of is where they held the Eisteddfod in Velindre in 2006. But that's WELL out of the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not what I was expecting.

edit: Nigel Kennedy?

IMG_20180130_082033.jpg

Edited by Hawky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Not what I was expecting.

edit: Nigel Kennedy?

IMG_20180130_082033.jpg

Plays the violin mate.

Better than the scissors, I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taylor and Ed on the same bill is pretty huge, but otherwise that is a pretty bizarre lineup. Beck headlining!? And who the fuck is Nigel Kennedy?!*

* Obviously looked him up - still nonplussed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

Plays the violin mate.

Better than the scissors, I guess. 

Aye I googled, just seems bizarre. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the billings Beck's been receiving over the last few years you'd think he's had some massive career resurgence and not just won a Grammy for a mediocre album everybody swiftly forgot about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Taylor and Ed on the same bill is pretty huge, but otherwise that is a pretty bizarre lineup. Beck headlining!? And who the fuck is Nigel Kennedy?!*

* Obviously looked him up - still nonplussed. 

You know it's four different events for the four stations, right?  And Radio 3 plays classical music so a violinist is perfectly suitable. :P

Edited by dentalplan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

With the billings Beck's been receiving over the last few years you'd think he's had some massive career resurgence and not just won a Grammy for a mediocre album everybody swiftly forgot about.

that album is a masterpiece if compared to his most recent album

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hawky said:

Aye I googled, just seems bizarre. 

Got to cater for the Radio 3 audience somehow. He's playing on a Monday in Coventry anyway. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

With the billings Beck's been receiving over the last few years you'd think he's had some massive career resurgence and not just won a Grammy for a mediocre album everybody swiftly forgot about.

Eh? He's got naff billing at APE 

anyway, tickets on sale next Monday. Belfast is 22.50 a day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You know it's four different events for the four stations, right?  And Radio 3 plays classical music so a violinist is perfectly suitable. :P

I didn't know that, but I also still don't know who he is. Is he huge in the violin world then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FloorFiller said:

I didn't know that, but I also still don't know who he is. Is he huge in the violin world then?

He's essentially Beck of violinists!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×