BBC's The Biggest Weekend 2018

NickisGinger

4 hours ago, TheWaters said:

Was very good mate. I was right at the front centre from Stereophonics to LG haha.

We didn’t there until half 3, so ready for Snow Patrol. They haven’t changed, so I really enjoyed them (last time I saw them was V 2012!) 

We were pretty much right side of the mixing tower thing until LG we were got closer, becausr the crowd pretty much thinned out. Annoyed he didn’t perform champgne supernova though :-(

4 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

We were pretty much right side of the mixing tower thing until LG we were got closer, becausr the crowd pretty much thinned out. Annoyed he didn’t perform champgne supernova though :-(

I was right in the middle at the front with a group of about 30 people all chanting Coventry City chants (You may have heard us haha) so by the time LG came on we were all going mental haha. He didn't do Wonderwall which was a bit gutting but oh well, didn't totally expect him to. Would've liked to hear Paper Crown or Chinatown too but oh well.

8 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I was right in the middle at the front with a group of about 30 people all chanting Coventry City chants (You may have heard us haha) so by the time LG came on we were all going mental haha. He didn't do Wonderwall which was a bit gutting but oh well, didn't totally expect him to. Would've liked to hear Paper Crown or Chinatown too but oh well.

Can’t say I heard that tbh. Not a football fan ?, I would of probably thought people are shouting Coventry because they’re in Coventry haha.

Whilst I appreciate that artists only do small sets at Big(gest) Weekend, Taylor Swift didn't half take the piss. I reckon she was only on stage for about 20-25 minutes. 

It's crazy going to these small festivals after you've done Glastonbury, everything was an absolute breeze. Although I did queue for a toilet at one stage for longer than I ever have done at any other festival.

Best thing to come out of the weekend is my girlfriend now has the festival bug and I've registered her for Glastonbury.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

Whilst I appreciate that artists only do small sets at Big(gest) Weekend, Taylor Swift didn't half take the piss. I reckon she was only on stage for about 20-25 minutes. 

It's crazy going to these small festivals after you've done Glastonbury, everything was an absolute breeze. Although I did queue for a toilet at one stage for longer than I ever have done at any other festival.

Best thing to come out of the weekend is my girlfriend now has the festival bug and I've registered her for Glastonbury.

There was a massive toilet queue at Coventry. Until people realised you can push pass on the left then theres empty urinals.. lol

2 minutes ago, zico martin said:

Still none of the BBC introducing stages though, can anyone confirm they were broadcast live on the sunday?

6 Music tweeted that they were going up soon and clips have started to be posted from Belfast to youtube, so I'm assuming it's a matter of days. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jericode said:

Manics and Kravitz has me tempted but I'll wait and see who the headliner is. Would take a name I'm a big fan of to part with £50 plus travel costs to London mind.

Main rumour is that Kylie is the headliner which seems likely given that her tour starts that month and she's on Radio 2 on Friday when the tickets go on sale.

Has anyone been to it before? I'm guessing the set up is similar to BST? Also does anyone know when the BBC Introducing stage lineup is announced?

Thinking of taking my mum and my aunt for their first festival experience as they both love Kylie and Lenny. Guessing there is still 1 act to be announced too based off how many people performed last year.

On 6/14/2018 at 5:42 PM, NickisGinger said:

I’m suprised, I thought most of them would of been from Biggest Weekend. Don’t understand Rita Ora being there though. But All Saints, yes!

rita ora is more radio 1 maybe they are going get modern acts now.

• 2 months later...