BBC's The Biggest Weekend 2018

NickisGinger

17 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

So they are!

Will have to miss the end of Taylor Swift to make it over to James Bay but quite happy it's possible to see both. Really not bothered about Florence.

Just need to find myself a poncho now as I don't trust the Welsh weather and every forecast I've seen has been different.

Currently raining here and we're expecting thunderstorms. Definitely be rain prepared :lol:

Bit of light drizzle in Swansea right now, shouldn't be much mud in Singleton Park now as most of the set up is done and they're about to start sound checking.

Looks like it's gonna piss down on the Sunday that I've got tickets for, luckily the introducing stage appears to be a tent. 

2 hours ago, henry bear said:

FJM been and gone already. Glorious weather here. Can’t understand why it isn’t sold out - it’s not a huge area, not sure what the capacity is but looks about 10k.

8355AEBE-2E02-4FAC-B752-9A82CBE185E7.jpeg

Supposed to be 18k.

Filled up nicely now. FJM and Baloji the best acts so far.

There is absouetely LODADS on TV 

Friday:

(BBC Four; 7:30pm - 11:30pm)

Saturday: 

(BBC One; 6:45pm - 7:45pm) (BBC Two; 4:30pm - 6pm / 7:45pm - 11:30pm) (BBC Four: 7pm - 11:30pm)

Sunday 

(BBC One; 7:30pm - 9pm) (BBC Two; 4:30pm - 6pm / 9pm - 11:30pm) (BBC Four; 7pm-8:30pm)

Monday

(BBC Four; 8:30pm - 10pm)

Hope that helps ?

8 hours ago, battleborn said:

This doesn't really seem to be pulling the biggest crowds in the world.

It did fill up later on. More than I thought it would tbh. Orbital, Beck, FJM, The Manics and Baloji all highlights. Decent day, although bar queues longer than they should be.

It did fill up, just quite a small venue. The queues at the bars were very sporadic - sometimes you could more or less walk up to the counter, other times a 10 minute wait. Good venue though and some great sets yesterday. Even the Manics, who I’ve seen so many times I can’t get excited about, were terrific. Beck and PSB were superb. :)

• Upvote 1

Just drove past the Coventry site in to have a quick look round for parking spots tomorrow and I noticed they've made the field a bit smaller from the usual size for Godiva Fest. Looks as if they've brought the stage forward a few metres in what isn't a massive area anyway.

14 hours ago, Owen4567 said:

Anyone on site at Swansea? What is the ground like? Will I get away with trainers tomorrow or are wellies needed? I doubt the latter is necessary but just wanted to check 

The site was fine with trainers for the whole day. Little bit of mud but the ground is pretty solid as it only rained a little. Obviously a little boggy by the toilets but that’s a given!