BBC's The Biggest Weekend 2018

NickisGinger

2 hours ago, jkerr4412 said:

Found this on Facebook. Seems to be far more generous set times than there normally is at Big Weekend. 

32684119_10212320524752347_2661384516555243520_n.jpg

Ooh lovely stuff - fingers crossed someone can leak one for Coventry now!!

I have to say - I'm surprised no stage times have been announced yet. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jkerr4412 said:

Found this on Facebook. Seems to be far more generous set times than there normally is at Big Weekend. 

32684119_10212320524752347_2661384516555243520_n.jpg

You'll have to factor in at least 15 minutes change over time between slots I would think.  an hour of the Manics and an hour and 15 for Beck sounds probable. 40-55 minutes for most of the others.

Just now, DiscothequeDave said:

You'll have to factor in at least 15 minutes change over time between slots I would think.  an hour of the Manics and an hour and 15 for Beck sounds probable. 40-55 minutes for most of the others.

True but I still feel like a 55 minute set for the first act of the day is quite rare by the standards of these events, either way with how tightly packed it is there's going to be some horrible clashes with the other stage.

13 minutes ago, jkerr4412 said:

True but I still feel like a 55 minute set for the first act of the day is quite rare by the standards of these events, either way with how tightly packed it is there's going to be some horrible clashes with the other stage.

Guessing that FJM is on first for logistical reasons - plenty of time to set up the orchestra beforehand and a 15-20 minute slot to get all the instruments/chairs etc off the stage.

Looks like Shame will clash with First Aid Kit which is fine by me as I've seen FAK a couple of times already. Wished they'd have clashed with Ash but still..

On 5/20/2018 at 11:13 PM, lazzareo said:

*******BAGS********

These bag rules they've brought in!!! Any ideas on what would work???  We're a family of 4 with 2 kids so we need something but all my usual festival gear is just too big so looking for some ideas.

Large bags are not allowed to be taken into the festival. There is no cloakroom. Small bags, one per ticket holder, are allowed into the events with the dimensions W21cm x H30cm x D8cm(the size of A4 paper). We appreciate your cooperation and patience when entering the events.

Bloody hell, can you even get bags that size? And I think it'll be a struggle to get all the sun cream and evening attire in it!

1 hour ago, lazzareo said:

I know...my main concern is the kids and taking suncream, sunglasses, cap, something warm for the evening etc etc...

yeah I know, gonna truggle to fit a packed lunch (permitted) in as well.

And I've conceded there is little hope of me smuggling any plastic bottles of werthers in now!

15 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

Liam Gallagher’s set is being shown on BBC Two for an hour and a half (10pm-11:30pm) do you think this is the actual length of his set? 

i don't think so because the main stage end at 10pm. maybe after his set there could be an interview bur i don't know

Just as an FYI, having been to Big Weekend a few years ago as well as 6Music Live, the changeovers were longer than it should take for most bands. 40min minimum if I remember correctly. The big one that comes to mind was an hour between Paolo Nutini (standard band setup) and Katy Perry (standard band setup with a few props).

43 minutes ago, Jericode said:

All the Swansea times are on the website now!

So they are!

Will have to miss the end of Taylor Swift to make it over to James Bay but quite happy it's possible to see both. Really not bothered about Florence.

Just need to find myself a poncho now as I don't trust the Welsh weather and every forecast I've seen has been different.

I've came over from Manchester to Belfast for the weekend on my own.

Going through a tough time at the minute and feeling down as fuck, can I tag along with someone going? I'll probably be there from 1pm both days.

PM me if you're up for a 24 year old who plans on getting quite drunk to tag along with you.