BBC's The Biggest Weekend 2018

NickisGinger

As there aren't much names out there at the moment, I want to throw some out there for who will most likely be announced for the Biggest Weekend in Swansea:

• Dua Lipa
  • Camila Cabello
  • Selena Gomez
  • Demi Lovato
  • Paramore
  • Tove Lo
  • Charli XCX
  • Lily Allen
  • Rae Morris
  • Sigrid
  • Luis Fonsi (HOPE NOT)
  • Charlie Puth
  • Marshmello
  • MGMT
  • James Blake
  • The Wombats
  • The Script
  • Giggs (HOPE NOT)
  • Wiley
  • Post Malone (HOPE NOT)
  • X Ambassadors
  • George Ezra
  • Sam Smith (HOPE NOT)
  • Justin Timberlake (VERY UNLIKELY, BUT POSSIBLE)
Edited by WMWMOfficial

On 15/02/2018 at 9:39 PM, NickisGinger said:

I’m hoping for more decent artists for Coventry on Sunday. Do you think there is a mega headliner?

I very very much doubt it.

I'm basing the big weekend on the 'Festival in a day' they did. 

It seems that now the tickets have been sold, they aren't plugging it much at all.

I don't see why they would announce a mega headliner AFTER all the tickets have been sold. 

12 hours ago, thetechi said:

I very very much doubt it.

I'm basing the big weekend on the 'Festival in a day' they did. 

It seems that now the tickets have been sold, they aren't plugging it much at all.

I don't see why they would announce a mega headliner AFTER all the tickets have been sold. 

Well there is a very speciel guest TBA and the website theyre still announcing more

8FE08093-AE45-4DBB-A021-76D4A0F2A1EC.jpeg

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

Well there is a very speciel guest TBA and the website theyre still announcing more

8FE08093-AE45-4DBB-A021-76D4A0F2A1EC.jpeg

Oooooh in which case I take back what I said - probably someone who is touring at the moment who isn't quote sold out. 

I mean the very special guest for Hyde Park was Shania Twain so if it's someone of that calibre, I'll be very happy :-) 

11 hours ago, NickisGinger said:

I did think The killers but they’re in USA on the Saturday. Could it be possible? I’ve seen it says guests, I thought it’d said guest.

Nah, not The Killers - for one,  if you look at their touring schedule they are in the USA only the day before. 

It will be someone the BBC have very close ties with (hence someone like Jamie Cullum playing twice). 

I was going to guess Depeche Mode with the reason for not announcing yet being because Isle of Wight hasn't sold out. 
However, I am pleased they are also in the USA on 27th.

Going by that logic I'm almost tempted to guess Kasabian, but it would then make it a very odd mix of people. 

1 hour ago, thetechi said:

Nah, not The Killers - for one,  if you look at their touring schedule they are in the USA only the day before. 

It will be someone the BBC have very close ties with (hence someone like Jamie Cullum playing twice). 

I was going to guess Depeche Mode with the reason for not announcing yet being because Isle of Wight hasn't sold out. 
However, I am pleased they are also in the USA on 27th.

Going by that logic I'm almost tempted to guess Kasabian, but it would then make it a very odd mix of people. 

I did say theyre in the USA day before...:huh:

Edited by NickisGinger

17 hours ago, rebeccaa94 said:

I have tickets for Sunday in Swansea, so far only interested in Taylor hoping for a few more decent names. Going to throw Lorde out there as a potential act??? Maybe wishful thinking but she's playing London the day before and is Radio 1 friendly?

Possible but she played Radio 1's Big Weekend last year and it'd be very unusual for them to book the same act twice on the same album tour

44 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Possible but she played Radio 1's Big Weekend last year and it'd be very unusual for them to book the same act twice on the same album tour

Hmm yeah I thought that too but then I was looking back at old line ups and they seem to have a habit of booking the same acts repeatedly back to back e.g. Years & Years 2015/16, Stormzy 2016/17, Bastille 2016/17, Clean Bandit 2017/18  etc. 

On 22/02/2018 at 7:54 PM, rebeccaa94 said:

Hmm yeah I thought that too but then I was looking back at old line ups and they seem to have a habit of booking the same acts repeatedly back to back e.g. Years & Years 2015/16, Stormzy 2016/17, Bastille 2016/17, Clean Bandit 2017/18  etc. 

Last year when I went to Hull, the bass was too much on her set, so you couldn't hear a thing she said. When you did hear her, voice was good, but if it's like that for every set, I don't really want to see her again tbh

On 04/03/2018 at 3:26 PM, DR OK said:

Leaked arctic dates have them in Italy on the 26th so the Sunday still looks possible 

Agree.

I would say that Camila Cabello is also a possibility given that she is supporting Taylor on her tour.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Bloody hell LG is getting around this summer. Biggest Weekend, Parklife, Belsonic, IoW, Finsbury Park, TRNSMT, RiZE and his LCCC gig all in the UK. He's done well hasn't he.

Add in Glastonbury and R&L from last year and he’s pretty much covered all the major festivals over two summers alongside his own outdoor gigs. I wonder how long this hype will last, can’t see him selling at quite the same level whenever his next album is out. 

Edited by kingcrawler

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Add in Glastonbury and R&L from last year and he’s pretty much covered all the major festivals over two summers alongside his own outdoor gigs. I wonder how long this hype will last, can’t see him selling at quite the same level whenever his next album is out. 

Aye I imagine it'll die down after his next release (or two), bringing him to the sorta level NG is at now. That's probably when the Oasis talks will start, if ever.