Pearl jam for Glastonbury

guypjfreak

• 8 months later...
8 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Would like a London date but not BST as I don't like the layout there!

I also fear this will be like £90

Unfortunately I'm still going to pay it and go. I hate myself for it but as long as I'm free I really have to be there. 

I still feel like I owe something from the first time I saw them anyway. Years ago they played in Leeds and a lovely Scottish couple gave me a spare ticket cos their friends couldn't make it. They wouldn't accept anything for it, not even a pint, as they "just wanted someone who's a genuine fan" to go. 

People are good a lot of the time. 

2 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

I can see BST being Pearl Jam and Crowded House the same day.

CH are in the UK that week.

Sounds strange but they go back years and often play with each other on stage. 

I was talking about this on the CH thread... Saw Neil Finn in Auckland in 2001 with Eddie Vedder (and Johnny Marr and 40% of Radiohead amongst others). Magical shows.

38 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I'm up for BST unless they have the golden circle in operation. That's a deal breaker for me. And it should be for PJ too.

I think it's a deal requirement to play BST these days?

And really, Alternative Nation, there's more truth in The S*n than on that joke site.

2 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

And really, Alternative Nation, there's more truth in The S*n than on that joke site.

Is this the case? It certainly seems like it, but I'd be surprised if PJ want to go down that route with their fans. 

Damn, I hate Hyde Park as a venue. Add to the golden circle, the early curfew and the high w*nker quotient they always seem to attract and it equals the worst place!

13 minutes ago, Dark Star said:

Not all BST shows have the golden circle thing, eg The Cure, and Florence last year. Would be v surprised if PJ had it.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

21 minutes ago, everest said:

During Glastonbury, PJ will play 23th July in Prague or Frankfurt, 25th in Berlin and 27th in Stockholm, Lollapalooza. So forget about PJ on Glastonbury

I thought the dates were rough guesses? They only have to be off by a few days and you have Glastonbury shaped hole....Wishing thinking 

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Is this the case? It certainly seems like it, but I'd be surprised if PJ want to go down that route with their fans. 

Damn, I hate Hyde Park as a venue. Add to the golden circle, the early curfew and the high w*nker quotient they always seem to attract and it equals the worst place!

They had a Golden Circle at Mad Cool.