Pearl jam for Glastonbury

guypjfreak

2 hours ago, mungo57 said:

That brings back extremely fond memories of Reading Festival, first and only time I've seen PJ. Corduroy was my favourite song of theirs going into the fest. I was the only one from my group wanting to see them, so I went on my own. I went completely mad when they opened with it!

That Reading set was a lot of fun. Was supposed to be my first Pearl Jam show... bought a ticket for Dublin as well in advance of the Reading ticket sale. For some reason we thought they'd sell out mega-quick. Since then they have given me reason to go to many places I never otherwise would have.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

What predates the band...... 

It's what Ed said before this! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aDkCPg6ab8

A 19-year-old me saw them the day before in Leeds. Their first festival show since Roskilde. I was expecting a slow start because of that...

"You ready? If you're ready, we're ready. We're in it together, I don't think I need to say, but just take care of one another, please. Like I say, we're in it together... Lets do it" Then slammed into Go! What a night.

2 hours ago, Simpo said:

It's what Ed said before this! :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aDkCPg6ab8

A 19-year-old me saw them the day before in Leeds. Their first festival show since Roskilde. I was expecting a slow start because of that...

"You ready? If you're ready, we're ready. We're in it together, I don't think I need to say, but just take care of one another, please. Like I say, we're in it together... Lets do it" Then slammed into Go! What a night.

Ah right cool cool. I was at reading bloody amazing.. I've seen All their gigs in UK apart from the Leeds and isle of Wight which I didn't go to cos I would not allow the wife to see RHCP then we did quits by not see Fleetwood... Silly but that's married life for ya lol.. 

2 hours ago, Simpo said:

I forgot that was how they started at Leeds - I had never really heard any of their songs before, but went down the front with my mate who was a fan and loved it.

It was the first year that they had the barrier wasn't it, which i had heard was at Pearl Jams request, but don't know if that is true or just a coincidence.

12 minutes ago, tjamest said:

It was the first year that they had the barrier wasn't it, which i had heard was at Pearl Jams request, but don't know if that is true or just a coincidence.

i'm pretty sure it was at their request. It was (one of?) the first festival they'd played since Roskilde 2000 when nine people died.

18 hours ago, Username50 said:

I hope they do perform. It’ll give me a chance to go off and explore the rest of Glastonbury whilst they’re on. 

What ever old son.. You can keep going to the bar and getting me cold ciders lol 

Hello, it's my friend's 40th birthday next month and he is a really big Pearl Jam fan (has seen them 3 times this summer).  Is there a particular present or rarity I could spend a few quid to get him?  It would  be great to get something signed but I don't know how possible that is.  Do they tend to respond to fan mail and SAEs :-)

On 7/30/2018 at 9:18 PM, danbailey80 said:

They really would work though, they just fit in so many ways with their ethos and values

Definitely, 2 weeks ago they donated 90% of 11 million USD to organisations working with Seattles homeless

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/08/pearl-jam-raise-11-million-seattle-homeless/

Must be one of the biggest single handouts in the history (by musical artists)

10 hours ago, Johndenis said:

Hello, it's my friend's 40th birthday next month and he is a really big Pearl Jam fan (has seen them 3 times this summer).  Is there a particular present or rarity I could spend a few quid to get him?  It would  be great to get something signed but I don't know how possible that is.  Do they tend to respond to fan mail and SAEs :-)

No but if you go on to a good PJ FB page you might find something.. 

My friend runs a page called..... Got some..... 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1515322652015236/?ref=bookmarks

You can ask on there.. Signed stuff is flipping hard to get and tbh you can never REALLY know if it's real. 

Hey send me his or your address and name of your brother and I'll make something and send it to him as a surprise if you like... No worries if not. 

Peace and tea. G

• Upvote 1

On 8/24/2018 at 12:51 AM, Wooderson said:

Madrid.

Ah, Mad Cool festival? Heard a lot of good and bad about it, the lineup was ridiculous but apparently they weren't too organised at getting people in... or was that just the Pearl Jam fans bitching and it was fine for everyone else?

22 hours ago, robillustrates said:

I thought they were great at Mad Cool, would make a fantastic headliner, been fortunate enough to see them three times now. 

Nice to hear people say that... Over the years people have been a bit offish about this but then their all philistines lolol 

Best band in the world old son