Pearl jam for Glastonbury

guypjfreak

On 7/11/2020 at 9:32 PM, jparx said:

Not sure how accurate this is, but Ken has info that PJ are hesitant to reschedule indoor shows, so the tour might just be outdoor gigs. Seems like Rock Werchter is happening again.

I do think there’s a chance of Glastonbury next summer. 

Only if Paul Mac pulls out.... Would be a great last festival for me.. 

11 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Only if Paul Mac pulls out.... Would be a great last festival for me.. 

You don’t think they’d have Macca and PJ in the same year? I guess it would be the first time we have two “legacy” acts for quite a while. I’d love PJ on Friday and Macca on Saturday. Would be an awesome back to back.

47 minutes ago, jparx said:

You don’t think they’d have Macca and PJ in the same year? I guess it would be the first time we have two “legacy” acts for quite a while.

They're (very) different degrees of legacy though. Macca had already started touring as a legacy act before PJ were even formed.

22 hours ago, jparx said:

You don’t think they’d have Macca and PJ in the same year? I guess it would be the first time we have two “legacy” acts for quite a while. I’d love PJ on Friday and Macca on Saturday. Would be an awesome back to back.

No what I mean is by the sounds of it the headliners this year will be same next year so a headliner would have to pull out to make way for someone else..... We can hope but very doubtful that PJ will play.. I'll be like 60..70 and have to watch them do the legend slot knowing my luck.. And I won't even be able to go nuts lol

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, maelzoid said:

I want it to be true as much as you. But they're in Italy on Glastonbury Saturday, which has to make an appearance in 2021 pretty unlikely.

Aye, reckon the dream is over for another year. I think there's just an embargo on the BST show and it'll be confirmed later in the year.

7 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I want it to be true as much as you. But they're in Italy on Glastonbury Saturday, which has to make an appearance in 2021 pretty unlikely.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Aye, reckon the dream is over for another year. I think there's just an embargo on the BST show and it'll be confirmed later in the year.

How is it over?  They are playing the Saturday in Italy (which was the Macca day) with three day gaps from Germany to Italy and Italy to Zurich, they can play Friday or Sunday and fly after the gig.

It's possible, but very unlikely. If they were in discussions with Glastonbury, I don't see why they would book a gig in Italy for the Saturday and create a whole load of logistical headaches for themselves, when that Italy date could be easily booked at another time - just moving it to the Friday or Sunday and Glastonbury would be waaay more likely..

Meanwhile, there is an 8 day gap in their schedule in early July. My prediction is BST on Friday 9th July.

6 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

How is it over?  They are playing the Saturday in Italy (which was the Macca day) with three day gaps from Germany to Italy and Italy to Zurich, they can play Friday or Sunday and fly after the gig.

I don't think they were especially likely anyway, and a date slap bang in the middle of the festival doesn't fill me with confidence. I guess they could still do it but I don't expect it at all.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

I don't think they were especially likely anyway, and a date slap bang in the middle of the festival doesn't fill me with confidence. I guess they could still do it but I don't expect it at all.

Oh it definitely isn’t likely but there’s a slim chance. PJ // Macca // Swift is the ultimate dream. 

8 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Yep.. Maybe if macca bails out we might have a chance to dream 

PJ are playing the Saturday in Italy so they wouldn't even if he did. That is why we are saying extremely slim chance Friday or Sunday, travel from Glasto to Italy or Italy to Glasto which is unlikely.

4 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

PJ are playing the Saturday in Italy so they wouldn't even if he did. That is why we are saying extremely slim chance Friday or Sunday, travel from Glasto to Italy or Italy to Glasto which is unlikely.

Sadly, I don't think it's going to happen. The Imola show does throw a rather large spanner in the works. I cling onto the fact that it might technically...just about...be possible. I'm thinking that U2 interupted the US tour to play in 2011. They played a show in the US on the June 22nd, Glasto on the 24th & again in the states on the 26th. I would hope that the reduced distances might make it possible for Pearl Jam in even less time.

OK...I'll stop clutching at straws. It's not going to happen 😪

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

What is it?

Pearl Jam: Austin City Limits
The American rock band take to the stage with songs from their album Backspacer, as well as fan favourites including Just Breathe, The End, The Fixer and Amongst the Waves

On 7/24/2020 at 11:53 AM, RarerThanDandyB said:

Exactly this, they don't travel on show days now. 

4 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Pearl Jam: Austin City Limits
The American rock band take to the stage with songs from their album Backspacer, as well as fan favourites including Just Breathe, The End, The Fixer and Amongst the Waves

I don't know many fans who'd consider much of the Backspacer material as "fan favourites". Gotta love TV listings!