Pearl jam for Glastonbury

guypjfreak

On 04/08/2017 at 11:20 AM, lucyginger said:

NIN on Other but not at the same time as Pearl Jam! Holy crap what a clash!! 

That's no clash Lucy girl.... PJ all day.. You know what if they were to play I might even not touch a drink till they came on stage... Then I'd run to see bar between stages so I might meet Eddie and sell my wife so that I could go to every PJ gig lol 

I'd even definitely definitely never go to Glastonbury again so that that would be the last band I saw there... 

41 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

That's no clash Lucy girl.... PJ all day.. You know what if they were to play I might even not touch a drink till they came on stage... Then I'd run to see bar between stages so I might meet Eddie and sell my wife so that I could go to every PJ gig lol 

I'd even definitely definitely never go to Glastonbury again so that that would be the last band I saw there... 

Of course it's not. There's always The Park, W Holts, JPT...

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Pearl Jam wins, as much as i like NIN.

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

They're supposed to be playing one of the South American Lollapalooza festivals in March so it looks like they're gonna tour again next year. Sadly that probably means they won't be in the area in 2019 when Glastonbury is back.

They won't be in Europe though. If they hit South America they won't come to Europe in same year. 25 shows worldwide tops, that's that, even if they did tour which is doubtful without a new record. 

PJ Shows 

2017 - 26 shows EV solo - (13 in EU, 3 in US)
2016 - 24 shows (US / CAN)
2015 - 10 shows (9 South America, 1xUS)
2014 - 32 shows (14 USA, 12 EU, 6 AUS)
2013 - 30 shows (27 in N.Amer, 3 in S.Amer)
2012 - 18 shows (5 in US, 13 in EU)
2011 -  22 shows, (10 in S.Amer,12 N.Amer.)
2010 - 26 shows (11 EU, 15 US)

36 shows in Europe in 8 years....Christ they're even lazier than I thought they were !!!! Ah well at least they saved their best and 2nd longest show ever for Leeds 2014! 
Edited by Bonaneas

6 minutes ago, Bonaneas said:

They won't be in Europe though. If they hit South America they'll combine it with Aus/NZ like previous. 25 shows tops, that's that, even if they did tour which is doubtful without a new record. One can but hope !! 

I'm pretty sure the last time they played this festival was the back end of PJ20 shows before going and finishing Lightning Bolt. Seeing as there's no tour this year it can only be the start of one, and they're not sinking the entire year nor 25 shows into Oceania and a handful of South American festies. Hard to really predict what they're about to do as you'll well know but they intended to come back to Europe last year didn't they? Can't see them putting it off that long.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I'm pretty sure the last time they played this festival was the back end of PJ20 shows before going and finishing Lightning Bolt. Seeing as there's no tour this year it can only be the start of one, and they're not sinking the entire year nor 25 shows into Oceania and a handful of South American festies. Hard to really predict what they're about to do as you'll well know but they intended to come back to Europe last year didn't they? Can't see them putting it off that long.

I think it all hinges on a new record. Which usually means more dates and EU promo work etc. Haven't heard anything about studio work, and it's doubtful given EV had been on tour. I learned loooong ago not to hold me breath with this band though !! 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Just go quietly @guypjfreak, just go quietly.

Never.. 

Your all right but 

Never 

I reckon there will be a 2018 tour but then that fucks it up for 2019... I'm keeping my eyes on ten-club rumours.. I think we'll hear something in Nov.. 

13 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

I think it all hinges on a new record. Which usually means more dates and EU promo work etc. Haven't heard anything about studio work, and it's doubtful given EV had been on tour. I learned loooong ago not to hold me breath with this band though !! 

Truth old son 

1 hour ago, fowls said:

Pros: Pearl Jam without the horrific diehard Pearl Jam fans are a joyous thing. 

Cons: It'll be a same old same old festival set.

Same old festival set? They played more than 160 different songs on their 12 shows of 2014 Euro tour.. 

I also think you ment-

Pros: Pearl Jam at Glastonbury! :D

On 06/08/2017 at 3:27 PM, e2p2 said:

Same old festival set? They played more than 160 different songs on their 12 shows of 2014 Euro tour.. 

I also think you ment-

Pros: Pearl Jam at Glastonbury! :D

The 2014 tour had two festival dates. Festival sets are okay, but they're often lacking in that spark of their own shows.

Besides, a lot of those 160 songs were due to the Leeds show. Had a ticket but couldn't go. Gutted. To make it worse my friend went as his first PJ show and he doesn't really know much of the albums.  Haha

I'd be curious to their reception. They have a big cult following, but not sure the average Glasto goer would have the patience to wait out for Alive and Evenflow.  It could be Gorillaz all over again.

Edited by fowls

2 hours ago, fowls said:

The 2014 tour had two festival dates. Festival sets are okay, but they're often lacking in that spark of their own shows.

Besides, a lot of those 160 songs were due to the Leeds show. Had a ticket but couldn't go. Gutted. To make it worse my friend went as his first PJ show and he doesn't really know much of the albums.  Haha

I'd be curious to their reception. They have a big cult following, but not sure the average Glasto goer would have the patience to wait out for Alive and Evenflow.  It could be Gorillaz all over again.

No no NO Old son you just can't go around comparing Pearl Jam to the Gorillaz I mean come on.. Now if you had said Neil Young or rolling stones.. The who..Metallica..  I'd have taken that but who really really knows all of there songs.. Especially the youngsters.... But I would of thought like those iconic bands alot of people would like to see pearl jam.. I watched Metallica just because... Never had one of their cds tho.. Same goes for motor head so you see I CAN see them going down well at Glastonbury. If for no other reason they are a grass roots band they have come from the bottom they have lasted the test of time like the above named bands.. OK they DO have a hard core of fans but

there great live..

They play great tunes 

And there are a real band 

But hey I just happen to like them 

I honestly think Eddies voice is half shot nowadays and he'd get found out under the live spotlight at Glasto. He was Obvs good solo but he couldn't reach the high parts he used to,nor go too deep. Did you hear the Leeds bootleg? One of the best shows of my life but Christ it was painful at times listening back to it. He might have had a cold or something, but I think it's cracked long term. Interesting to see the upcoming DVD of the US shows last year and compare. 

3 hours ago, fowls said:

Noooo it won't be a gorillaz but I get what you're saying and sort of agree. How many casual music fans would know anything off Lightning Bolt, Backspacer, Avo, Riot Act or Binaural??? Not many. 

10 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

Noooo it won't be a gorillaz but I get what you're saying and sort of agree. How many casual music fans would know anything off Lightning Bolt, Backspacer, Avo, Riot Act or Binaural??? Not many. 

This is certainly true, but I'm sure that many people are like me - if they don't know much about a band and they get announced for Glastonbury, they will listen to their back catalogue to get to know them. I did exactly this for Neil Young in 2009 and really enjoyed him (and have done ever since). The same goes to a lesser extent for Metallica.

Pearl Jam would probably not go down as one of the greatest headliners such as Stevie Wonder or Blur (assuming that this is measured by crowd pleasing singalongs), but I think they would do just fine. I'm not what you would call a hard core Pearl Jam fan as I had the early albums and then sort of drifted away. I started to listen to them again a few years ago and found that I really enjoyed the recent stuff.
And I was at the Leeds show - class all the way.

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

Na but that's fucking great.. Love it when he's like.... I got shit.. Great tune that 

Thanks for that I've got a big smile on my ugly mug lol 

Yeah and the cops try humour him with "oh I'll check that out later." 

Wonder what tattoos he was trying to show? Stickman = Cool... EV portrait = stalker / lukin type situation. 

11 hours ago, Bonaneas said:

Yeah and the cops try humour him with "oh I'll check that out later." 

Wonder what tattoos he was trying to show? Stickman = Cool... EV portrait = stalker / lukin type situation. 

Don't know but he seems to have them on his back and arms.. I've got the into the wild one on my arm.. I've put that on Facebook lol. 

• 1 month later...

Old sons go and watch this if you get the chance 

https://pearljam.com/letsplaytwo/screenings/?country=GB

If that's not working try here 

https://pearljam.com/letsplaytwo/

Edited by guypjfreak

• 2 months later...