Pearl jam for Glastonbury

guypjfreak

18 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

There is a golden circle; I don't think the price is significantly different, but you have to be in the Pearl Jam fan club thing :(

OK. Somewhat similar to the situation when they play arenas here. Fan club has exclusive access to the GA floor standing area. A lot fairer than the big prices other acts are charging for gold circles but still annoying.

I joined their fan club for a year a few years ago just for this reason. When the tour came along they played MK bowl which had no golden circle and the pit was for everyone, so a bit frustrating... Otherwise I have no interest in being a member of a fan club. I'm not 11.

Just now, maelzoid said:

OK. Somewhat similar to the situation when they play arenas here. Fan club has exclusive access to the GA floor standing area. A lot fairer than the big prices other acts are charging for gold circles but still annoying.

I joined their fan club for a year a few years ago just for this reason. When the tour came along they played MK bowl which had no golden circle and the pit was for everyone, so a bit frustrating... Otherwise I have no interest in being a member of a fan club. I'm not 11.

I'm hoping to find someone in the fan club that can get me a ticket, but I imagined those will sell out quite fast 

Just now, maelzoid said:

I'm hoping to find someone in the fan club that can get me a ticket, but I imagined those will sell out quite fast 

32 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Was that the one supported by BRMC a few years back? Was at that one too if it was, cracker of a gig that

25 minutes ago, Quark said:

Was that the one supported by BRMC a few years back? Was at that one too if it was, cracker of a gig that

Yep. It was superb, indeed.

I like MK bowl. Definitely the best outdoor venue I've been to in this country. A shame it's not active anymore.

Help me out folks, i'm trying to decide between London and Copenhagen...

London pros:

• Hyde Park is a nice place to spend a day in the summer
  • More chance of me convincing friends to come
  • Full day of music; confirmed acts are good so far
  • I live in the UK

London cons:

• Unless I can find a Ten Club member to help me out or I pay a lot of money, i'll be stuck in the back with all the other commoners 
  • Hyde Park is kinda shit

Copenhagen pros: 

• I'm probably going to be flying to Denmark on that day, so coincides quite nicely
  • The support is IDLES
  • It's 20 years since the Roskilde tragedy; so will likely be a very special and emotional perfomance

Copenhagen cons:

• It's on Glasto monday so Glasto > flight > concert could be quite exhausting
  • its quite expensive, around £85+fees for standing
  • Won't be a full day of music, probably just 1-2 supports I imagine

14 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

True, but at least BST will have many acts across multiple stages, so it would be cheaper per act. Here are the prices for BST

Screenshot_20191202_150312_com.android.chrome.jpg

No golden circle... is it possible they just won't have one? I have seen may acts at Hyde Park including PJ without a golden circle. I know the fan club was mentioned, but maybe they'll just not bother with it.

When I last went to Hyde park we paid someone just outside the golden circle £10 or £20 each for a wristband to get entry.....Side hustle of security? left overs just going cheap? I dunno what it was but swapped us from being at the back to 2nd or 3rd row front and centre.

9 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

No golden circle... is it possible they just won't have one? I have seen may acts at Hyde Park including PJ without a golden circle. I know the fan club was mentioned, but maybe they'll just not bother with it.

Nope, there is a golden circle. "Entry permitted for Ten Club, American Express Summer Garden, and HydeAway ticket holders."

download (2).jpeg

6 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Nope, there is a golden circle. "Entry permitted for Ten Club, American Express Summer Garden, and HydeAway ticket holders."

download (2).jpeg

Fair enough, but the amex summer garden is only 20 quid more - which I think is close to what 10 club members pay per year for membership...

Well Hyde Park looks inviting but if you want really think about it you can fly out to a European city for the price of getting and staying in Londonia... 

Was looking into Paris lollapalooza but they don't do carers tix and with glastonbury, beautiful days and Leeds I'm already in my 2021 festival savings lol

So I'm going to be sorting it out tomorrow.. I'm wanting Poland wife wants Hyde Park... Lots of paper work to be done tonight..... 

5 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Just got 2 ten club tickets... same price as normal. Can only get 2. Have to have joined ten club at least a week ago so you can't just join on spot. All seems fair and sensible. Good old pearl jam. 

Going to be huge. Bring it on. 

Pixies can fuck off though. 

I'm a holding on at the moment.. Pixies umm and been checking out white reaper not up to much.. Any information on any other bands that might play. 

1 hour ago, danbailey80 said:

Just got 2 ten club tickets... same price as normal. Can only get 2. Have to have joined ten club at least a week ago so you can't just join on spot. All seems fair and sensible. Good old pearl jam. 

Or if you’ve got an American Express card you can save yourself the Ten Club fee, and buy up to six tickets.

6 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Weren't Metallica supposedly "exclusive" elsewhere when they played in 2014?

Wishful thinking that PJ will pull the same trick I suppose.

Very wishful old son.. But wish we can.. 

Looking like Hyde Park we go.... Wife winning 

Tried buying Hyde Park last night but would not go through.. Emailed 10 club.. In draw for ziggo as well just in case... Not sure about these white reapers tho.. 

Wonder if any more dates will come up 

Edited by guypjfreak