Pearl jam for Glastonbury

guypjfreak

They were indeed awesome at Mad Cool and on other shows this tour and they'll be awesome for Glastonbury. Sadly it was long ago since they played in Europe over two consecutive years (2009/2010) so I can't believe they will tour in Europe next year. 

8 hours ago, e2p2 said:

They were indeed awesome at Mad Cool and on other shows this tour and they'll be awesome for Glastonbury. Sadly it was long ago since they played in Europe over two consecutive years (2009/2010) so I can't believe they will tour in Europe next year. 

Lit.. Wtf is that but I'm glad that you liked them piggy old son 

And e2p2 your right unfortunately.. As SOON as I knew that they were touring THIS year I knew that I wouldn't be able to see them next year at glastonbury. 

We can only hope... 

6 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Lit.. Wtf is that but I'm glad that you liked them piggy old son 

And e2p2 your right unfortunately.. As SOON as I knew that they were touring THIS year I knew that I wouldn't be able to see them next year at glastonbury. 

We can only hope... 

"When something is turned up or popping ...

John : did you go to that Pearl Jam show at Mad Cool last night

Daquan : yes that shit was lit"

1 minute ago, Gucci Piggy said:

"When something is turned up or popping ...

John : did you go to that Pearl Jam show at Mad Cool last night

Daquan : yes that shit was lit"

Lol got it.. 

Like our old son 

G oldson meets piggy 

Old son 

Piggy OK old son 

G oldson cider old son 

Piggy your round old son 

And so on old son. Yak yak 

• 1 month later...

On 7/31/2018 at 3:24 PM, Dark Star said:

That Reading set was a lot of fun. Was supposed to be my first Pearl Jam show... bought a ticket for Dublin as well in advance of the Reading ticket sale. For some reason we thought they'd sell out mega-quick. Since then they have given me reason to go to many places I never otherwise would have.

The Toad was there many moons ago and the mighty Toad agrees fully with this.

PJ for Glasto 2019!

Cr-fuckin-oak. 

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

The Eavii did go watch them at the O2...

9 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

If they do rock up we're getting you inside that fence if you have to go full Buffalo Bill and wear someone's face as disguise old son :D

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, henry bear said:

The Eavii did go watch them at the O2...

This is true although I have yet to find an accountant of it.. Not like if say some famous bod had turned up to see them like I don't know Macca lol.. 

Can't STAND Macca 

Hate to say it but I think that Ireland show isn't happening unless they decide to break their usual touring habit and therefore don't think they will play Glastonbury. 

I would love it if i was wrong, Pearl Jam at Glastonbury would be a dream come true but I don't think it's happening next year. 

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Wouldn’t Malahide Castle be kinda small for Pearl Jam?

Maybe but I think pj are not the sort of band that says oooo that's two small or whatever.. They play cos they love to play.. 

It's like there 2nd London show.. Which I may add has gone down as one of the best ever... Where they played through the curfew and more.. Not many bands make a point of going back to a gig because of a cancellation.. And then Killin it..... 

I see pj as a band that play the music for the music and to try and keep there fans happy.... Looks like this castle thing has been poo pooed already.. Lol..

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

They would be perfect headliners. I have seen them 8 times now, including twice this year. Their show at MadCool this year was the perfect headliner set, playing all the 'hits' interspersed with varied deep cuts for the faithful. They never phone it in, always playing with passion and urgency. If anyone thinks they are 'not big enough' or 'not relevant', I think you underestimate the size of their fanbase here, and also their ability to win across casuals. All my friends at MadCool who went out of curiosity stayed for the whole set and loved it.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I've said it before, I'll say it again.

They would be perfect headliners. I have seen them 8 times now, including twice this year. Their show at MadCool this year was the perfect headliner set, playing all the 'hits' interspersed with varied deep cuts for the faithful. They never phone it in, always playing with passion and urgency. If anyone thinks they are 'not big enough' or 'not relevant', I think you underestimate the size of their fanbase here, and also their ability to win across casuals. All my friends at MadCool who went out of curiosity stayed for the whole set and loved it.

Absolutely agree 100%. They are also a band that would 'get' Glastonbury and its ethos too. They have the potential to deliver a very special evening indeed. 

• 4 months later...