Pearl jam for Glastonbury

guypjfreak

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2018 at 12:54 PM, guypjfreak said:

Seriously gutted.... Knew he was suffering from a cold but fantastic show but gutted about second show... 

Hope the reschedule show doesn't fall on a date I can't go to.. 

I met an efester there but can't remember his name.. 

Still best live band in the world imo 

That was me! Great show but felt for Eddie, was clearly suffering. Cheers, great to meet you! 

29 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

That was me! Great show but felt for Eddie, was clearly suffering. Cheers, great to meet you! 

Bloody great old son but how did you know I was me lol 

You going to the second show.. It's going to be something SPECIAL.. There back to doing 30 + songs. Woooooahooooo 

Superb show last night. Also caught them at MadCool which I enjoyed ever so slightly more, probably due more to the location and atmosphere than the band themselves.

I have no doubt they can pull of headlining the pyramid - they drew the biggest crowd of the weekend at MadCool and totally nailed it, even for the casuals. 

29 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

At one of the recent shows? Oooooohhhhh

Yea last night's show.. I'm not on glasto chat but wife is and if you search Eavis you'll find the post.. 

20 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

I’m on it, but just had a search and a look through and can’t find owt.

I'll get my wife to find it old son.. I'm not on glasto chat.. Tis true though lol 

OK so it wasn't on glasto chat soz. It WAS SOMEWHERE I promise.. I'll keep trying to find it but someone saw Mr Eavis at the O2.. Which makes me excited lol 

Edited by guypjfreak

On 7/20/2018 at 11:47 PM, MrZigster said:

Watched their MTV Unplugged performance recently. First time since I was at Uni and watched the original broadcast as best I can recall. Just outstanding.

Couldn't help but think of Tim Minchin's "Dark Side" though :ph34r:

Brilliant that would be great in the acoustic stage .. 

On 7/27/2018 at 7:06 PM, danbailey80 said:

Was it the first of the second, rescheduled show that you think Eavis was at? I am hoping the second as the first wouldn't have been the most flattering!

Apparently it was the second old son. Been looking but can't find the post but I BELIEVE LOL. 

• Like 1

I hope they tour next year in Europe too, watched the show at Mad Cool and 2 hours is far to short :(

Google:d pearl jam and Michael Eavis and one of the links said that one of Eavis favorite bands is Pearl Jam..

https://www.bimm.ie/news/michael-eavis-talks-glastonbury-not-retiring/

"Answering a student’s question about the safe and peaceful nature of Glastonbury and whether or not it had anything to do with charity, Michael Eavis – whose favourite acts include John Martin, Coldplay, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson"

Dunno of legit it is tho :D

They would either headline a Friday on Pyramid. Or be the big headlining act of the weekend on Saturday on The Other Stage.  

I can't see them anywhere else to be honest.

Possible sub-headlining Pyramid but only if the headliner was absolutely huge (such as Led Zeppelin!) 

They really would work though, they just fit in so many ways with their ethos and values and having seen them at the O2 and watched 'Let's Play Two' (highly recommended on Sky Arts now) there's no doubt it would work. 

Watch Let's Play Two and you'll agree. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/29/2018 at 10:36 AM, Ovechkin said:

I hope they tour next year in Europe too, watched the show at Mad Cool and 2 hours is far to short :(

Google:d pearl jam and Michael Eavis and one of the links said that one of Eavis favorite bands is Pearl Jam..

https://www.bimm.ie/news/michael-eavis-talks-glastonbury-not-retiring/

"Answering a student’s question about the safe and peaceful nature of Glastonbury and whether or not it had anything to do with charity, Michael Eavis – whose favourite acts include John Martin, Coldplay, Radiohead, Pearl Jam, Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson"

Dunno of legit it is tho :D

Must be true lol 

16 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

They would either headline a Friday on Pyramid. Or be the big headlining act of the weekend on Saturday on The Other Stage.  

I can't see them anywhere else to be honest.

Possible sub-headlining Pyramid but only if the headliner was absolutely huge (such as Led Zeppelin!) 

They really would work though, they just fit in so many ways with their ethos and values and having seen them at the O2 and watched 'Let's Play Two' (highly recommended on Sky Arts now) there's no doubt it would work. 

Watch Let's Play Two and you'll agree. 

That brings back extremely fond memories of Reading Festival, first and only time I've seen PJ. Corduroy was my favourite song of theirs going into the fest. I was the only one from my group wanting to see them, so I went on my own. I went completely mad when they opened with it!