West Holts 2019

BlackHole2006

8 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Talking of which, do we have a Hot Chip thread, short of resurrecting the 2015 touring one? I was listening to Alley Cats and Huarache Lights earlier and am now very excited.

Been training on the excercise bike to In Our Heads for the last couple of months.

Flutes is still one of the best tunes ever...

I so hope that there is a new album and we get them on the farm..

4 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Do we have definite info that Janelle is on the Sunday and where is it from? When I asked West Holts on twitter they said they couldn't tell me what day she was on but everyone here seem convinced it is Sunday. 

She's playing Rock Werchter on the Friday, and Neil's info has Wu Tang Clan on the Saturday. So it's on the assumption that WTC is correct. 

2 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

She's playing Rock Werchter on the Friday, and Neil's info has Wu Tang Clan on the Saturday. So it's on the assumption that WTC is correct. 

Ah ok that makes sense. I saw the Rock Wercther date and knew it would make sense for that date to be first in terms of equipment moving about but didn't know the WTC info. Thanks for the response. 

4 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Janelle Monae, Hot Chip and WTC? Sounds reasonable enough to me lots of bases covered. Would have thought Thom Yorke could be in this slot though.

Reckon Orbital are more likely for that Friday headline slot. Hot Chip then subbing Chems on the other or on the pymild somewhere. Thom Yorke I have down for a Park headline slot atm

13 hours ago, zeppelin said:

Only just seen The Cat Empire are playing Bristol on the Thursday. Is there any chance? 

Them on West Holts has been my dream for years. They've played a couple of the best gigs I've ever been to. 

IMG_20190130_181846.jpg

Ive never heard of these guys but they're playing here in a couple months, now I'm thinking I should go.

3 hours ago, MetaKate said:

Ive never heard of these guys but they're playing here in a couple months, now I'm thinking I should go.

As always everyone's going to have a different view but I'm not exaggerating when I say how much I've enjoyed their gigs.

Check out the Live on Earth album (particularly The Chariot, Sly, and Hello) and see what you think :)

21 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Do we have definite info that Janelle is on the Sunday and where is it from? When I asked West Holts on twitter they said they couldn't tell me what day she was on but everyone here seem convinced it is Sunday. 

No definite info but it's assumed.   She's playing Rock Werchter on the Fri which leaves just Sat/Sun and the general consensus is WTC are doing the Sat.

Janelle's UK dates are also the Tues/Weds/Thurs after Glastonbury so Sunday would make sense.