West Holts 2019

BlackHole2006

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

No vintage disco band yet announced, and I see Average White Band are playing Royal Albert Hall the following Monday.

I'd be well up for that, never seen them before.

(Having checked their schedule...breaking up their USA tour for just two gigs - so far - may make it more sensible if they have something to add??)

Edited by Avalon_Fields

2 hours ago, eFestivals said:

yep, Cardiff's not so far from their homes in Scotland.

You do know they're playing round the UK pretty much all the time?

They play loads in the States. They’re there until June, and again in August, with apparently just 2 dates in the UK between, around Glasto weekend.

And if they are playing in the UK all the time, then perhaps they’re overdue a Glastonbury spot.

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Don't think there's anything to point to it other than a few folk thinking like it might be a good idea to have her closing a stage.

For me the pyramid slots seem to be full, so unless she’s playing 4th?? Can’t see her there

1 minute ago, sisco said:

For me the pyramid slots seem to be full, so unless she’s playing 4th?? Can’t see her there

She's also at Boomtown, but if she ends up headlining West Holts on Friday that would be a far better place to see her! I think she might get a bit lost fourth down on the Pyramid. Trying to remember what the Friday night clashes look like....John Hopkins is probs Saturday, right?

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It makes sense logistically, but there seems to be a question as to whether she'd break the WH budget.

Though I see she's playing all sorts of smaller shows this year (Rouken Glen?) so who knows really.

Kinda what I’ve been thinking recently too. Those events can’t all have budgets that tower over that of the West Holts stage, and she’s in the area to make that money already.

4th down Pyramid wouldn’t be an insult to her though. Good enough for MJB.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Kinda what I’ve been thinking recently too. Those events can’t all have budgets that tower over that of the West Holts stage, and she’s in the area to make that money already.

4th down Pyramid wouldn’t be an insult to her though. Good enough for MJB.

This Rouken Glen thing seems to be the 2019 equivalent of FOLD, which qas headed up last year by Chic and EWF. So we are looking at similar-sized sorts of acts.