West Holts 2019

BlackHole2006

1 hour ago, DefLeppard said:

I really like some Staple Singers songs and have somehow only just realised that Mavis Staples was in the Staple Singers... Much more excited for that now. Would've seen her in 2015 if I'd have been thinking properly! Did anyone see her then and how was it?

Yes and yes.  It were bloody lovely.

12 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Hall & Oates played pretty low down Latitude's second stage a few years ago with little to no fanfare, don't think they're quite of the stature to headline WH.

They’re playing an arena tour here next month. I did completely forget about them doing a diddy slot at Latitude huh

On 3/16/2019 at 9:52 AM, FuzzyDunlop said:

Makes sense.

Im on the Moroder train too then, but.... he needs to do together in electric Dreams.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/giorgio-moroder/2018/the-truman-kansas-city-mo-23e908b7.html

He’s active... announced one random date at a festival in Denmark on the Saturday with a huge gap either side

https://www.giorgiomoroder.com/live/

Is now probably the name I am looking for most on the full line-up

• Upvote 1

Having just discovered Mdou Moctar I think he’d be a great addition. The fact that his current (US) tour finishes in April and no further dates makes it unlikely however.

Somewhat surprised he hasn’t showed up on the farm in previous years (judging by a quick google, do correct me if I’m mistaken!) He seems like the kind of person I’d have accidentally stumbled upon at West Holts

On 3/15/2019 at 1:57 PM, found home in 2009 said:

Just listening to the new The Comet is Coming album. Didn't like the first song, but loved the next 5 songs. Still to listen to the last 3

I hate to say it but I was loving the album until the Kate Tempest cameo which in my head immediately gave it a bland 6 music/mercury prize worthiness vibe it never quite recovered from.

5 hours ago, flyingmonkeypigs said:

Having just discovered Mdou Moctar I think he’d be a great addition. The fact that his current (US) tour finishes in April and no further dates makes it unlikely however.

Somewhat surprised he hasn’t showed up on the farm in previous years (judging by a quick google, do correct me if I’m mistaken!) He seems like the kind of person I’d have accidentally stumbled upon at West Holts

I caught Mdou live a few years back and it was a bit odd. He fucked off offstage halfway through the gig and left the band to play on without him.  Only came back onstage for the encore.

The Mark E Smith of Mali.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, addicted2noise said:

I hate to say it but I was loving the album until the Kate Tempest cameo which in my head immediately gave it a bland 6 music/mercury prize worthiness vibe it never quite recovered from.

I like Kate Tempest, but not always as much as I think I should. However, given how incredible I think the new TCIC is, for me her contribution to the track on that record is my favourite thing she’s done. The musical bed is just such a great track, and her delivery is so languid and understated, whilst being lyrically biting. I think it’s amazing. I sort of forget it’s coming after all the preceding vocal free tracks, so when it lands... BOOM ?!

Ben

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I caught Mdou live a few years back and it was a bit odd. He fucked off offstage halfway through the gig and left the band to play on without him.  Only came back onstage for the encore.

The Mark E Smith of Mali.

Im more likely to see the Killers if Brandon Flowers does that.