West Holts 2019

BlackHole2006

On 1/12/2019 at 12:26 PM, tevaburger said:

Nal's point is that there was so much hoopla for that 2004 appearance as the absolute last chance to see a noted Glastonbury house act - "Last time for us at Glastonbury...Let's have it!" etc...as you can hear them say on the Glastonbury 1994-2004 compilation. When they came back in 2010 it was a bit of a joke in terms of how genuine these 'last ever' pronouncements are. 

Knowing that The Nal is a massive Muse fan (and eager Radiohead thread-starter) I'm sure he missed Orbital in '04 

I now understand what Nal meant but what was written was badly worded. He wrote 'They could play a "15 years since we announced our last Glasto gig" gig.' Which confused me as their last Glasto gig was 2010, 15 years from which is 2025. Hence my comment.

At the time they were about to split up, so it was correct in their minds. They didn't know then that they were going to reform, split and reform again.

Edited by Johnnyseven

5 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Looks like Janelle Monae will be Sunday on West Holts as she's playing Werchter in Belgium on the Friday.

must be right. Am certain of my Wu Tang info, as it's come from someone with a connection to the booking.

Have updated Monae to Sunday in the line-ups.

Edited by eFestivals

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Not impossible, although I suspect they might prefer an upgrade from a stage they've headlined previously if they have an alternative offer.

What is plausible upgrade though? 

As much as I love Hot Chip I can't realistically see them headlining the other stage?

Also, Groove Armada went from OS headliners in 08 to JP headliners in 2010. So Hot Chip playing the same stage wouldn't be off the table.

Edited by JoeyT

1 minute ago, JoeyT said:

As much as I love Hot Chip I can't realistically see them headlining the other stage?

Yeah they’ve pretty much played every realistic slot across the festival over the last decade of them being booked. If Chemical Brothers end up being booked to headline Other then I imagine a repeat of Hot Chip playing before them could work.

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

'Upgrade' was perhaps the wrong word to use; 'doing something different' would have been better.

I reckon there's a number of stages they could play as well as West Holts - Park, JP, Other, Pyramid. They might prefer to do something different.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

'Upgrade' was perhaps the wrong word to use; 'doing something different' would have been better.

I reckon there's a number of stages they could play as well as West Holts - Park, JP, Other, Pyramid. They might prefer to do something different.

I like the thought of the Park.

Out of curiosity can anyone remember how big a crowd they got at West Holts in 2015? I was very close to the front so have no idea.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Park would be amazing.

Would they get the pick of the stages though? All stage booking teams would need to want them wouldn’t they? Surely they’re not that popular (only with us).

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I like the thought of the Park.

Out of curiosity can anyone remember how big a crowd they got at West Holts in 2015? I was very close to the front so have no idea.

I was around the mixing desk. Crowd was big but not ridiculously so. Could move pretty freely where we were. I think the Park could work. 

3 hours ago, Harry49 said:

Same here! Leaning towards Janelle at present but have never seen The Cure. 

Knew it'd happen. Almost relieved as I don't have to get my hopes up for them to be dashed closer to the time. Will try and catch her at Castelfield Bowl. 

Looking forward to the Chems clashing with The Cure as well to make it even more unbearable.